Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I'm still surprised they finished this album without any indication they were making an album at all. No one believes me that a new Green Day album is coming out, even my friends who follow Billie and the gang on Instagram. RevRad they at least took cryptic photos of them in the studio with the #revrad. This is just radio silence and it's...kinda baffling. Maybe were all just crazy and nothing is happening...naaaaah. 

If I had to guess we'll either get news or some cryptic BJA Instagram photos sooner rather than later. I hope so at least.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I'm still surprised they finished this album without any indication they were making an album at all. No one believes me that a new Green Day album is coming out, even my friends who follow Billie and the gang on Instagram. RevRad they at least took cryptic photos of them in the studio with the #revrad. This is just radio silence and it's...kinda baffling. Maybe were all just crazy and nothing is happening...naaaaah. 

If I had to guess we'll either get news or some cryptic BJA Instagram photos sooner rather than later. I hope so at least.

What about Butch Walker’s “Makin’ the donuts” IG studio video? Literally everyone in the comments recognize Tré’s drums!!! The private SongsForAssholes IG was definitely their way of getting us talking! And for the past week, Billie and Mike have been sharing more Green Day photos on IG. Tré also posted a throwback photo of himself at Gilman Street!

54 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What about Butch Walker’s “Makin’ the donuts” IG studio video? Literally everyone in the comments recognize Tré’s drums!!! The private SongsForAssholes IG was definitely their way of getting us talking! And for the past week, Billie and Mike have been sharing more Green Day photos on IG. Tré also posted a throwback photo of himself at Gilman Street!

I remember not being convinced that those are tres drums but I can be won over

GREEN DAY PRESENT : ROCK N ROLL

1.       Inside my Room

2.       Do Who?

3.       Such Wonderful Times

4.       No Belief

5.       Suicide Makeover

6.       The hardest Way

7.       Recall

8.       Liars DOWN!

9.       Hours and Hours!

10.   Golden Age :(

11.   Child :

12.   Until I Die "

13.   Peace (dollywhoop)

14. WTF 

What if they don't drop/release nothing til next year? That could be a possibility though

9 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Please. Stop.

Just release the real tracklist big dog and all these fake ones go away

10 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Please. Stop.

I'm back over on the "ideal set-list" thread.  It's where I do my best work.  

Can I just do this once? 😇 I don't do it again. It's pretty bad but at least there's no 'Puppydog Crush'

TITLE: Don't Look Back

1. Dodgeball

2. Don't Look Back

3. Wish You Well

4. Runner Up

5. Back To The Drawing Board

6. Pathetic & Apathetic

7.  Too Late Now

8. Bad Luck

9. Divided

10. Evolution

11. Read Between The Lines

12. The Sheriff Said

13. Go Ahead

14. Finish Line

Despite all the flaws this thread's content has had, I've come to genuinely appreciate it because it makes me feel great to see so many other people as passionate for a new Green Day album as I am in 2019.

I’ve really gotten into Pinhead Gunpowder, lately. It’s good stuff if you’ve never listened to it. 

*I’m not sure why it doubled posted. Damn safari app.

1 hour ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I’ve really gotten into Pinhead Gunpowder, lately. It’s good stuff if you’ve never listened to it. 

Yeah, good music and I love Jason's vocals.

7 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

*I’m not sure why it doubled posted. Damn safari app.

The first time I heard  them, I didn't give it much thought.  but once I got into it, I was hooked!  I wouldn't mind if the new album had a Pinhead vibe to it.  I was going to list some songs but there are too many great ones.    One that I must talk about is "Song of my Returning".

Billie never covers a song without trying to top the original and HOLY CRAP this song is powerful.  Even got me listening to Phil Ochs and his powerful protest songs of years gone by.  , he was known  for his sharp wit, sardonic humor, earnest humanism, political activism, insightful and alliterative lyrics, and distinctive voice. He wrote hundreds of songs..... He was like a Billie Joe for the 60s and 70s, but unfortunately took his own life in 1976.  Billie was a four year old.  

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, good music and I love Jason's vocals.

You just made Second Street pop into my head.  That song was stuck in my head nonstop a couple weeks ago.

14 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

13 hours ago, Matt. said:

Please. Stop.

It does not belong to this thread but 2 weeks ago I married my beautiful girl and we played Basket Case in front of 100 people. The feeling was amazing! Their music is just awesome and I love this band so much! No matter what type of album they will give us. I will be proud of them!

16 minutes ago, steve46 said:

It does not belong to this thread but 2 weeks ago I married my beautiful girl and we played Basket Case in front of 100 people. The feeling was amazing! Their music is just awesome and I love this band so much! No matter what type of album they will give us. I will be proud of them!

That's awesome dude congratulations!

I have just discovered pierce the veils song king for a day, and i want half of the new album to sound like that, and the other half to be some classic acoustic stuff

So on Instagram, I found better shots of Butch Walker’s studio, Ruby Red Productions.

And I found a somewhat higher quality video of the synth livestream.  Earlier in the thread, someone suggested this was also done in Butch’s studio. It actually wasn’t. Does anyone know if this is Otis?

@GDFan2019 I think it’s GDs practice space either in Oakland or southern cal (they have one in both locations). Lee Bothwick talks about building them out and keeping track of gear at both in a podcast (working class audio). 

And about the synth stream, I wonder if that will evolve into an actual song, it almost sounds reggae, Bob Marley-esque!!

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And about the synth stream, I wonder if that will evolve into an actual song, it almost sounds reggae, Bob Marley-esque!!

Billie talks about the jam session in this podcast. They didn’t play specific songs. They just jammed. 

https://www.beyondandbackpodcast.com/episodes/2018/12/8/10-smash-everything-with-billie-joe-armstrong

4 hours ago, Asik said:

I have just discovered pierce the veils song king for a day, and i want half of the new album to sound like that, and the other half to be some classic acoustic stuff

That album is great, and so is “King for a Day”. I’d love to hear some Billie screams.

If that synth jam video is any indication, we’re in for a dad basement jam. kind of an album.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived