Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

After Longshot and the Woodstock cover, I expect Billie to make the cover.

I think the Trilogy covers were done with their iPhone cameras and photoshop

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For their Artwork, i think they should burn the Trump zombie used in Back in the USA, and use that picture. It’ll be so rad, and to the point. 

DIY album covers are fun and everything but I hope they will stick to music and let a proper visual artist make this one (I loved the 1994 Woodstock cover though).

1 minute ago, Morse Code Guy said:

For their Artwork, i think they should burn the Trump zombie used in Back in the USA, and use that picture. It’ll be so rad, and to the point. 

Just now, Morse Code Guy said:

Or even burn a Scarecrow dressed as Trump. That’d be great too! 

Please, I don't want Trump to be apart of this next album! I'm not even American (Don't even live on the same continent) and I hear about Trump way too much

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Please, I don't want Trump to be apart of this next album! I'm not even American (Don't even live on the same continent) and I hear about Trump way too much

Trump would be the reason for most of the songs in the next album 

1 minute ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Billie did say back in 2016 ‘There will never be an album about trump’ buuuuut who knows

Just now, Morse Code Guy said:

What can you honestly say or sing about the man that hasn't been repeated for the 10,000th time? Not a Trump fan, but Jesus Christ. 

Just now, jumpsalty said:

Billie did say back in 2016 ‘There will never be an album about trump’ buuuuut who knows

And yet the Troubled Times and Back In the USA videos heavily featured him.

5 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

That's nothing more than speculation

If Trump is on the cover seriously it'll be ridiculous.
Don't care about one or 2 songs about him but don't put him up front lol

4 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

What can you honestly say or sing about the man that hasn't been repeated for the 10,000th time? Not a Trump fan, but Jesus Christ. 

And yet the Troubled Times and Back In the USA videos heavily featured him.

Troubled Times isn't about Trump though. It was written before he was considered a likely candidate. The video featured him but that's it

BITUSA was clearly inspired by Trump though. I think it's fine since it's just 1 song but I don't want a whole album about Trump. We get it, the majority of people think he sucks (which he does) but Billie's not going to add anything to the conversation by repeating that sentiment

All the 4chan "leak" thread are deleted. Wish I saved the 21 song thread because I forgot what it was predicting.

49 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

If Trump is on the cover seriously it'll be ridiculous.
Don't care about one or 2 songs about him but don't put him up front lol

Yeah even with the strong Anti-Bush sentiment back in 2004, I think it wouldn't have been a good decision to put Bush front and center on the cover of American Idiot either. It's also worth nothing that his full name was never explicitly mentioned in any song, nor were there prolonged scenes with (characterisations) of his face in any of the music videos. Yes, a lot was implied, but always very cleverly and intelligently. 

I don't even want another American Idiot style album, but it's going to be political the next album better not be any more political than AI or 21CB...

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

All the 4chan "leak" thread are deleted. Wish I saved the 21 song thread because I forgot what it was predicting.

I don't get why you're soo invested in that leak

I honestly don't see how they would ever make anything like an album about Trump, it would be ridiculous. A politically charged social commentary is plausible (and IMHO more than welcome), but that's another story. 

20 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

BITUSA was clearly inspired by Trump though. I think it's fine since it's just 1 song but I don't want a whole album about Trump. We get it, the majority of people think he sucks (which he does) but Billie's not going to add anything to the conversation by repeating that sentiment

I would say that it's inspired by the political and social context the US are living atm, and for sure the Trump presidency has a big role in that context, but I don't think I can call that a song about Trump. 

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

All you have to do is go back like 87 and a half pages in this thread and you should be able to find it. Ha

Putting trump on the cover would be way too obvious and such a brash way to try and make a political statement. Its unnecessary and wouldn't be shocking or interesting.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think the Trilogy covers were done with their iPhone cameras and photoshop

Yeah. Not a fan of it tbh

30 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't get why you're soo invested in that leak

Bc that leak is full of possibly false hope that the album is going to be their best :P

I think Billie will stick to his guns and Trump won’t feature, I will eat my hat if Trump is on the cover if for no other reason that how much that place it in time which they have clearly said they wouldn’t do.  Could be quite a bit of social comment though, who knows. 

How about just a bunch of cheetos crushed up on the ground?  Would that be too far?  Jk, of course.  

On a serious note, I think it is reasonable to think that some songs will be a commentary on the current state of the US, and BJs personal thoughts/feelings about those things. Trump is a figure head (albeit an incredibly dangerous one, imo) but there are also some pretty serious systemic problems happening in current american society, and those very issues are what has led to a Trump presidency.  I think Billie is intelligent enough to notice, reflect and comment on all of those things without always making Trump the center of the conversation.  Cuz Trump is not patient zero in this epidemic, even though he has helped spread the disease.  Again, just my thoughts, and more importantly,  I think, there are other things beyond the state of the US, that are equally important enough in his life to write about as well.  I am hoping for balance between those bigger/global issues and his own personal issues, because in the past, Billie has always developed that balance so well lyrically, and  at the end of the day, it has always been a better told story because of that balance.

6 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

just a bunch of cheetos crushed up on the ground

:lol::lol:This is the best response! 

I'm so done with hearing about trump. I don't like the man but I also hate the stupid "lol orangecheeto small hands" jokes- if you can even call them that anymore- on TV and shit. The dead horse has been raped, not just beaten. 

3 hours ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Or even burn a Scarecrow dressed as Trump. That’d be great too! 

Somebody's already sort of done that. I really think they should stay away from trump as much as they can. I think other artists have already covered that in a better way than green day could do at this point, but I'm sure it will be mentioned at least in some small way

Honestly since we keep hearing about Trump, hearing of him from GD or not won't change much to that. Billie has stopped talking about him on social media for a while, either he's managed to stop completely or he fell back on songwriting lol. The world is messed up but at least we are free to make fun of politician assholes through art, and I'd prefer that to ignoring Trump which won't solve any of the shit he does.

Plot twist: Billie stuck to not having a single song inspired by Trump but he compensates with music videos and the album cover. :P I thought the idea of Trump's figure burned would be funny (although I agree in real I'd prefer not to see him at all on a GD cover and even if they thought ever of it for a second, there's no chance they do it!)

Burn, Baby, Burn! 

1. $@terate

2. Bored to Tears

3. Alienation

4. Story of my Life.

5. On a Train

6. Rosebuds

7.  Just as the music starts

8. Rows and rows of dead f $&!&$ bodiesno

9. Robots

10. What we did / how we got here / F&#&! Off

11.  Fairy Land Now