Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

30 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Ok so if recording finished in April

I would say give 6 months for the mixing and mastering process

So Sep-Oct release

Mixing and mastering takes just a few weeks. Planned promo is what takes the longest. Photo shoots, music video, art, tour, singles selection, etc.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way we're not getting anything in July. 

24 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

There is no way we're not getting anything in July. 

That's what I thought about June 😅

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Let me guess, from Billie himself?

GDC awards will be here soon. Keep this up and there will be a few 1st place prizes with your name on em :lol: 

1 minute ago, Todd said:

GDC awards will be here soon. Keep this up and there will be a few 1st place prizes with your name on em :lol: 

Can't wait to see in which category ahah

9 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Alright alright alright well now the question is how long does it usually take, after an album is finished recording, until we start hearing some things about it? If it was done BY april then we can't have to much time left. Single early to mid July, by August ladies and gentlemen, were gonna have a new Green day song to jam to. 😎

I could be wrong on this, but don’t be surprised if they wait until after the July 20 Coverups show to make an announcement. To avoid making that all about “the new Green Day album”. 

Also, it all depends on their strategy and whether they want to spring a surprise on us or have a traditional rollout.

6 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I could be wrong on this, but don’t be surprised if they wait until after the July 20 Coverups show to make an announcement. To avoid making that all about “the new Green Day album”. 

Also, it all depends on their strategy and whether they want to spring a surprise on us or have a traditional rollout.

It makes sense that everything happens afer the Coverups shows.. Imagine if they announce or release a single before it, everybody would go to the Coverups shows and annoy Billie and Mike about it

7 hours ago, steve46 said:

If you remove Donald Trump, the barfy font and middle fingers, tinted the whole thing green or black.......if you changed everything about it, it would be okay.  Soooo......it sucks.  

I'm not sure even the 16 best Green Days ever could make up for such a barf fest.  

I'll give it this.  It's bold.  But that was a problem Rev Rad had, where people thought it's art was too bold for it's content.  It was a great album, but were Green Day really figuratively covering radios in gasoline and burning them down?  Really-figuratively.  It's a thing now.  

Bad Religion did a great album that focuses on hating Trump AND pulled off quality, deep artwork for the cover.  But I don't want a Trump-themed album, and I don't think that's what Billie is going to give us.   If Green Day tackle politics, they pepper it into songs about heartbreak, love and confusion.  

And I'll go ahead and say this here.   "Songs for Assholes" is an awful title, and I really hope that's not the final, official title.  

Right now, I'm thinking the new album should be called Starlit Grace.  

:)

48 minutes ago, Alf said:

It makes sense that everything happens afer the Coverups shows.. Imagine if they announce or release a single before it, everybody would go to the Coverups shows and annoy Billie and Mike about it

Yeah back in 2016, Billie announced Bang Bang on August 1st and the single came out on the 11th

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah back in 2016, Billie announced Bang Bang on August 1st and the single came out on the 11th

Finally someone looking at history for a hint.  :)

Maybe not Aug 1st but not far. Well let's hope.

BTW, it was to "sweetened" in April so it wasn't done in April.  There was still inserts. Re-rcords and production left.  Keep tight.  Fall is it, I would imagine. ;)

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Germany calling.

My second favorite Clash album

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Unless... 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Not gonna happen. 

It was just a perfect excuse to make that meme. I don’t believe it either 😄

I have to find a way to become a GD insider before the next album.

Save the date

19th of July, 
7pm CET
YouTube

#SFA

1 hour ago, J a c said:

It was just a perfect excuse to make that meme. I don’t believe it either 😄

It is a good meme, I’ll give you that.

19 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Save the date

19th of July, 
7pm CET
YouTube

#SFA

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

giphy.gif

I sang this in my head as the opening line to Pasalacqua...

10 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I sang this in my head as the opening line to Pasalacqua...

Welcome to my life I always do that ahah
No Simple Plan reference on that one though.

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Save the date

19th of July, 
7pm CET
YouTube

#SFA

You're having a baby

The shower is at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, on the 19th of July, 2019

It will be streamed live via YouTube for some reason

And you're registered at Saks Fifth Avenue

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived