Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm not entirely sure where the bow guitar parts were, but I like to think I hear them.....I really like "Outlaws" a lot.  

Being serious, the mystery trumpet and bow guitars are probably one off type things, but I do hope that Billie Joe continues to experiment with guitars.  I've been branching out in my own playing recently and here's the thing.  When it comes to guitar, nobody can fully master it.  It's almost infinite what can be done.   

Green Day as a team seem to really care about their playing and instrumental prowess, we hear about them taking lessons before doing albums and that's really cool.  

It’s at the beginning of the song

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm not entirely sure where the bow guitar parts were, but I like to think I hear them.....I really like "Outlaws" a lot. 

I think it's the intro. After the A#/Bb chord hits four times, that little slide part from C# back to the first note.

I must be fucking dense because I love bouncing off the wall and haven't heard trumpets

5 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

I must be fucking dense because I love bouncing off the wall and haven't heard trumpets

Yeah good song but I haven't heard the trumpets either. Weird to put them in the mix when they're so hard to hear.

20 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

While I was perusing the Revolution Radio section, someone commented that the trumpet start at the 1:08 mark, but it's still hard to tell.   For all we know, EVERY Green Day song has trumpets, they are a Trumpet-Core band, it's just super low in the mix.  Haha.

6 hours ago, Alf said:

they've been radio silent in 2019

That’s what they do, typically, when they’re recording and preparing a release (like right now).

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

That’s what they do, typically, when they’re recording and preparing a release (like right now).

That's the kind of post that we want in this thread ahah

Well Billie’s gone off to Glastonbury to See SWMRS this weekend so I wouldn’t expect any news any time soon. 

26 minutes ago, Matt. said:

They must be talking to the label about possible release dates and booking dates at stadiums and arenas as we speak!!!!

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They must be talking to the label about possible release dates and booking dates at stadiums and arenas as we speak!!!!

Sometimes tour venues can be the ones who blow the lid on things like this...

Billie must have really found some inspiration if this album is coming out this year, only two years (well probably three by the time it's out) after the release of revrad. Can't wait

53 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well Billie’s gone off to Glastonbury to See SWMRS this weekend so I wouldn’t expect any news any time soon. 

So the 4chan leak is fake after all

59 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Aren't recording and preparing for release very different stages in the album-making process? How are they doing both?

33 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Sometimes tour venues can be the ones who blow the lid on things like this...

You can see months ahead in their event calendars but I would think they wouldn’t list a Green Day concert until it’s officially announced on Green Day’s website. How many times has a venue spilled the beans before any official announcement?

21 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Billie must have really found some inspiration if this album is coming out this year, only two years (well probably three by the time it's out) after the release of revrad. Can't wait

We got confirmation from Billie himself back in December, commenting during am IG livestream, “Currently writing for gd”. And I’m sure at least 1 or 2 of the new songs could’ve been written during the RevRad sessions. After all, they recorded Back in the USA specifically for GFB

36 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Aren't recording and preparing for release very different stages in the album-making process? How are they doing both?

They could still be recording even if the album is pretty much wrapped.  "Murder City" was a late addition to 21ST Century Breakdown.   

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They could still be recording even if the album is pretty much wrapped.  "Murder City" was a late addition to 21ST Century Breakdown.   

Wasn’t Ordinary World recorded last minute on RevRad after the Ordinary World movie premiere?

10 hours ago, petros said:

I'm trying to forget that shit song. 

I never expected a summer release from green day tbh they've never done it. Early September was always my guess. A single in July/August would be nice. 

You call shit song to dirty rotten bastard and love blame it on my youth by blink? No way man... 

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Songs can be added last minute. Also could release the first single while still putting finishing touches on things and such same with production. Maybe Billie liked a song and then later he realized he didn't like aspects of it and changed it up and such.

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Stadiums? Wow

June is almost over. I know that the focus for summer is Green Day. But I am begging that we will get some info at least in July.

I would probably bet a penny or two on nothing happening before the Coverups block party show (20th of July).

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Sorry, the “like right now” part was regarding preparing the release, not recording. Recording was done in April, then they added a few more songs earlier this month.

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Sorry, the “like right now” part was regarding preparing the release, not recording. Recording was done in April, then they added a few more songs earlier this month.

They added some songs? So they increased the number of songs on the new album?

So we can have an announcement anytime by now I guess.

26 minutes ago, Matt. said:

“A few” is a lot if they had thought it was done previously (did they?)  So I wonder how short the album was and how much longer it is now.  I wonder if this also indicates how much Billie is obsessing over this one and trying to get it right. Sounds like the pressure that came with 21CB and that whole process.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived