Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

12 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

The endorsement for live performances are different than what's actually used in the studio 

You can't get a 70's Ludwig snare sound out of an SJC and 70's Ludwig snares are the most recorded snare drums in history and continue to be recorded on records today as well. 

To piggyback on this, do we know the terms of his deal with SJC? Or any of his prior endorsement deals, for that matter. He may not be contractually obligated to use them in studio, but rather just promoting the brand while on tour.

Edit: I'm almost certain he's only required to play SJC live. From the artist's standpoint, it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. You get the sounds you're looking for in a studio application, regardless of the sponsors with whom you're aligned.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

To piggyback on this, do we know the terms of his deal with SJC? Or any of his prior endorsement deals, for that matter. He may not be contractually obligated to use them in studio, but rather just promoting the brand while on tour.

Edit: I'm almost certain he's only required to play SJC live. From the artist's standpoint, it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. You get the sounds you're looking for in a studio application, regardless of the sponsors with whom you're aligned.

These endorsements are typically only for live settings. The whole point of the endorsement is having fans SEE what you're playing. 

Not to mention Green Day's members are notorious for having a huge collection of instruments. Why would you hoard all of that stuff and not use it on your records? 

12 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

These endorsements are typically only for live settings. The whole point of the endorsement is having fans SEE what you're playing. 

Not to mention Green Day's members are notorious for having a huge collection of instruments. Why would you hoard all of that stuff and not use it on your records? 

Thank you. I wasn't sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, but that's what made the most sense.

yeah, for his live appearances, he's supposed to be seen (currently) with zildjian, remo, dw hardware (except for that one-off deal with gibralter in the last few years, though he still used dw on his live kit), and SJC...  zildjian was making a few signature products of his for a while (stick and cymbal bags), and they still make his artist series stick, ive got my fingers crossed that they give him a signature crash at some point.

in the studio, he uses any and everything/every brand. its all about the right sounds for the records.

2 hours ago, dallasthemenace said:

yeah, for his live appearances, he's supposed to be seen (currently) with zildjian, remo, dw hardware (except for that one-off deal with gibralter in the last few years, though he still used dw on his live kit), and SJC...  zildjian was making a few signature products of his for a while (stick and cymbal bags), and they still make his artist series stick, ive got my fingers crossed that they give him a signature crash at some point.

in the studio, he uses any and everything/every brand. its all about the right sounds for the records.

What if they film the recording sessions for a DVD/BluRay documentary like ¡Cuatro! Then I think Tré would probably have to use the SJC kit. Now I have a theory, maybe that’s what the @SongsForAssholes IG is all about. Maybe not the name of the actual album, but the documentary, “Songs for Assholes: The Making of (Insert Album Name)” And the album special edition will feature a hardcover book with the CD, DVD and/or BluRay, and pages of lyrics and photos from the @SongsForAssholes IG, HOLY SHIT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Guys check this out, isn’t this one of Billie’s guitars?

Let's say it is one of Billie's. What -- in the context of this thread -- does that mean to you?

9 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Let's say it is one of Billie's. What -- in the context of this thread -- does that mean to you?

He could be having his guitars prepared for a tour, maybe a new set of strings, a new finish on the wood of the neck

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

He could be having his guitars prepared for a tour, maybe a new set of strings, a new finish on the wood of the neck

Seems like a bit of a stretch. Maybe it did belong to Billie at some point, but I'm guessing the BG account posted the picture because they have a '59 Telecaster for sale.

This is not the new album clue you are looking for, move along. 🙄

So, 6 months and 16 days ago Billie announced he was "writing new songs for Green Day".   

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

giphy.gif

Holy jumping jesus on a breadstick this isn't CSI you aren't gonna find new album speculation in a fucking TELECASTER

18 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Holy jumping jesus on a breadstick this isn't CSI you aren't gonna find new album speculation in a fucking TELECASTER

We have a Telecaster, ladies and gentlemen! Hillside Dance confirmed!

6 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Seems like a bit of a stretch. 

This entire thread: a summary

16 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

The endorsement for live performances are different than what's actually used in the studio 

You can't get a 70's Ludwig snare sound out of an SJC and 70's Ludwig snares are the most recorded snare drums in history and continue to be recorded on records today as well. 

Yeah exactly

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Spoken like someone that doesn’t play the guitar, a restring will be done every show on the road as it’s a five minute job. A fret polish again is minor.

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

this may be the stupidest thing i've ever read in my entire life. you win.

thread is done. all hope lost. rip.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe it’s time for @GDFan2019 to admit they’re trolling. I can’t come up with any other explanation.

Hes not trolling. Hes speculating, and hoping to find any hints. 

17 minutes ago, papa said:

this may be the stupidest thing i've ever read in my entire life. you win.

thread is done. all hope lost. rip.

No, this is the stupidiest thing ive seen in my life.  Smartass

3 minutes ago, Asik said:

How is that even a speculation lol

2 minutes ago, Asik said:

This is beyond speculation into the realm of the ridiculous. This is on the level of: “Billie took a selfie with a Tiki mug, it must mean the next album will be a tribute to Don Ho!!!”

More like trolling than reasonable speculation.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived