Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Joe. said:

For the record I don’t think that necessarily rules it out, different producer wanting a different drum sound, or pushing Tre out of his comfort zone. 

SJC sounded pretty rad in RevRad. Unless Green Day are going Metal :D 

3 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i hope the record is in the style of blame it on my youth by blink

I hope it isn't. I hope even blink's upcoming record isn't in style of blame it on my youth

2 minutes ago, kripack said:

I hope it isn't. I hope even blink's upcoming record isn't in style of blame it on my youth

i was joking.. but i wouldnt mind it if it would be in the style of some Danger Days songs by My chem.. "summertime"or "the only hope for me is you" for example

1 minute ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i was joking.. but i wouldnt mind it if it would be in the style of some Danger Days songs by My chem.. "summertime"or "the only hope for me is you" for example

Yeah, those are great songs, but I really don't think GD would copy someone else's style. and they shouldn't

36 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

SJC sounded pretty rad in RevRad. Unless Green Day are going Metal :D 

Yeah and I’m not saying a change is necessary, just saying that it is possible for a producer to suggest a different sounding kit but there’s no real evidence for it.

If its self titled will it be known as the green album?

(Sorry if someone else already thought of this)

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

Well it was similar, a couple pages back, someone suggested a self titled album, and when you open up the booklet, it says #SongsForAssholes! That would be pretty cool!!!!

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

Depends on what the cover looks like....now you've got me wondering if Weezer will make a Green Album and if it will be heavily Green Day influenced!!!!

Album 13......what will you be called???

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Depends on what the cover looks like....now you've got me wondering if Weezer will make a Green Album and if it will be heavily Green Day influenced!!!!

Album 13......what will you be called???

But Weezer did do a Green Album!

There's a thread on r/greenday discussing what they would call an album if they named it after an old song. Not something I would expect or even want to see happen but stranger things, right? Seems like an interesting exercise at least. Knee-jerk reaction, I would go with Homecoming. I don't know why, just something about it feels fitting.

49 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

But Weezer did do a Green Album!

There's a thread on r/greenday discussing what they would call an album if they named it after an old song. Not something I would expect or even want to see happen but stranger things, right? Seems like an interesting exercise at least. Knee-jerk reaction, I would go with Homecoming. I don't know why, just something about it feels fitting.

A different shade of green.  It's not enough to have multiple untitled records, but to suddenly start having them all be the same color! 

18 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Anybody hope Green Day make the album that want to make ?

Word. I have my preferences and like some of the ideas posted here more than others but like, I trust them. They'll make the album they want and (based on the fact I like all their previous albums) chances are I'll probably like it.

On the subject of album titles, with the exception of the Trilogy which are basically self titled and numbered, I’ve noticed that they’ve titled their albums after a song contained in it for every album since Warning, but had never done that for any album from 39/Smooth through Nimrod. 

So will this album be named after one of the tracks?

56 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On the subject of album titles, with the exception of the Trilogy which are basically self titled and numbered, I’ve noticed that they’ve titled their albums after a song contained in it for every album since Warning, but had never done that for any album from 39/Smooth through Nimrod. 

Ooo... good thought. 

Now I want to know what a song titled "songs for assholes" would sound like

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Been reading the arguments about the name of 2003's Blink-182 record.  Was it untitled or self titled or something else?  Wow, humans will argue about ANYTHING, right?  

and would have the trilogy been better received if it had different names, maybe different artwork as well?  

Nuclear Family?

Nightlife! 

Brutal Love:

Too bad Tre didn't have a song starting with N.  Could have done Angel Blue/Amy/Amanda I guess, but ugh.  

What if album titles HAD to be a song title?  Also, I'm going to rename ALL their albums for the heck of it.  

1039 could be called GREEN DAY and it not be self titled or untitled, YAY! 

Welcome to Paradise 

Having a Blast

Tight Wad Hill

Reject 

Misery

Tales of another Broken Home

Murder City

Ordinary World

And while there seems to be no pattern for how they name their albums, I think it's likely the new one will be named after a single.  They have yet to name an album after a deep cut, like I did here.  

I guess Dollywhoop# is as good an album title as anything, right?  

On the subject of Green Day not being able to reignite the popularity of Rock music in modern times, check this quote about American Idiot out.  

Ian Winwood of Kerrang! said that the album pushed rock music back into the mainstream.[66] American Idiot was a career comeback for the group,[10] and their unexpected maturation "stunned the music industry."[11]

Could the title “Songs for assh*les” instead of an album name be the reference for a target group? Like, us? And they’ll be like. “Hey oooohhh Assh*les! We have these songs for ya”

1 minute ago, Junior_Spidey said:

Could the title “Songs for assh*les” instead of an album name be the reference for a target group? Like, us? And they’ll be like. “Hey oooohhh Assh*les! We have these songs for ya”

Kind of like "Love is for Losers" implies that being a loser is good ("well alright!""

Or maybe Green Day make a song called "Songs for Assholes" and it's super poppy, annoying and mocks everything that is modern pop? 

Or they make a cross over hit that every one likes and sarcasticly refer to it as a song for assholes......

Could be anything, could be nothing.  

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Kind of like "Love is for Losers" implies that being a loser is good ("well alright!""

Or maybe Green Day make a song called "Songs for Assholes" and it's super poppy, annoying and mocks everything that is modern pop? 

Or they make a cross over hit that every one likes and sarcasticly refer to it as a song for assholes......

Could be anything, could be nothing.  

Or could it be a decoy page, just to confuse us? 

38 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

Or could it be a decoy page, just to confuse us? 

I don't think it's a decoy, but just a working title.  

So, anyone else hoping they add Back in the USA for the next tour setlist?

Just now, Yosuke Hanamura said:

So, anyone else hoping they add Back in the USA for the next tour setlist?

Yes! I also wish it was longer. I just... ends and I want more.

Just now, DadBod said:

Yes! I also wish it was longer. I just... ends and I want more.

It needs a bridge for sure, I always expect there to be one when the song ends.

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It needs a bridge for sure, I always expect there to be one when the song ends.

Yeah. The song in it’s finished state sounds like a Music Video or Documentary cut rather than the full song.

12 hours ago, Joe. said:

No, I suggested it. They don’t appear to be Tre’s brand of drums tho.

For the record I don’t think that necessarily rules it out, different producer wanting a different drum sound, or pushing Tre out of his comfort zone. That being said there isn’t a clear enough link to assume they’re his, so they probably aren’t :) 

The endorsement for live performances are different than what's actually used in the studio 

You can't get a 70's Ludwig snare sound out of an SJC and 70's Ludwig snares are the most recorded snare drums in history and continue to be recorded on records today as well. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived