Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I don't care about commercial success tbh. If the album is good, it doesn't matter to me what chart positions it will have and if it sucks, then it doesn't deserve attention anyway. Best option would be good music that doesn't get much mainstream attention & smaller shows to go with the decline in popularity lol

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we've gotten so far is all speculation, which is fun and great.  It could be partially true, originally true but now changed, etc.  

We could get something totally different and unexpected.  

The Alpha ! 

Produced by the Dave Carlock. 

Transplants vibes infused into Billie Joe's best writing sensibilities.  

14 songs that weave in and out of the current live of Billie Joe, his days as ST. Jimmy and even Whatshername's mourning of their relationship, a side-quel called "Her Side".  But that's a small part of this beast, which overall sounds nothing like American Idiot.  

Guest vocals by Rob Aston, because we all want more rapping in Green Day music.  

Even so, it's a straight up Rock record.  Not punk, not poppy, straight up Rock N Roll.  

Green album cover.  

If there’s one thing I do believe to be true about the rumours, it’s that this will be a self titled album.

I also believe it will be 14 songs, and between 50-60 minutes. 

About the sound itself, I really hope it’s more mature than RevRad. And by that, I mean less songs about politics, and more songs about love and self reflection.. like Tre and Warning.

Lastly, I hope it’s more settled down with more acoustics and string instruments. Obviously the guys can still giver’, but approaching 50, it would just be more fitting to have a more relaxed album with great harmonies and melodies.

Hey yall, so im kinda new so excuse me if i dont know anything about it, but is there any real hints clues we're getting an album this year? :)
Oh and side question, do y'all think they're going to do a european tour straight after? :)

THANKS AND GREEN DAY FUCKING ROCKS

17 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

If there’s one thing I do believe to be true about the rumours, it’s that this will be a self titled album.

About the sound itself, I really hope it’s more mature than RevRad. And by that, I mean less songs about politics, and more songs about love and self reflection.. like Tre and Warning.

Lastly, I hope it’s more settled down with more acoustics and string instruments. Obviously the guys can still giver’, but approaching 50, it would just be more fitting to have a more relaxed album with great harmonies and melodies.

Self titled with a bunch of good songs and maybe some slight experimental stuff (experimental for green day that is) would be cool. Just like the Beatles white album

26 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

Just curious what leads you to believe this? They kind of already did that with the trilogy. Not really, but kind of. It just doesn't seem like them to go so vanilla ad to not come up with a creative album title.

28 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

Yes! Give me tre and warning. More acoustic and mature songs will be the best case scenario

29 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

I'm thinking 47 minute runtime, and self titled seems right.  Everyone has the idea that doing that is lazy or somehow indicates that an album is bad, but I don't think so.  I can think of a bunch of self or untitled records that are fantastic.  

For a 13th album, it would sort of indicate a rebirth, a starting over.   Seems right.  

19 minutes ago, Kiousonator said:

Hey yall, so im kinda new so excuse me if i dont know anything about it, but is there any real hints clues we're getting an album this year? :)
Oh and side question, do y'all think they're going to do a european tour straight after? :)

THANKS AND GREEN DAY FUCKING ROCKS

Not really... from social media posts they and the producer Butch Walker have made it seems they're working on an album and there's lots of "100% real insider information" about the album, but none of is confirmed.

We don't have any info about the tour but I'm sure they're coming to Europe once the album is out.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not really... from social media posts they and the producer Butch Walker have made it seems they're working on an album and there's lots of "100% real insider information" about the album, but none of is confirmed.

We don't have any info about the tour but I'm sure they're coming to Europe once the album is out.

Heey thanks for the answer :D
Im kinda new to Green Day and i hope they come to Europe again so i witness how awesome they are live :) 

1 minute ago, Kiousonator said:

Heey thanks for the answer :D
Im kinda new to Green Day and i hope they come to Europe again so i witness how awesome they are live :) 

No worries, they've toured Europe with every album so far, they'll be back eventually

5 hours ago, DadBod said:

This is true. They have worked their asses off to get to where they are and released amazing albums during shifts in what is "in" as far as popularity. However, the charts are not friendly to straight rock music at the present. It's techno/synth, pop, pop/country, pop/rock (more pop than rock), R&B, (c)rap. Promote all you want, but until the shift in what's "popular" happens, it will be difficult.

There's not much on the radio these days with real instruments (guitar, drums, bass, ect). It's all computer generated synths, and I hate it. My local rock station (yes only 1 rock station where I live) barely plays new released rock music. It's very frustrating.

Although in Butch Walker’s IG video in the studio, you can see a couple synths

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And despite their age, I do think they can still have mainstream success and chart hits because look at how young their fanbase is and it grows all the time. They’re not your typical aging rock band with fans as old as they are exclusively. 

Same thing with The Beatles today, their music is timeless!!!

5 hours ago, DadBod said:

This is true. They have worked their asses off to get to where they are and released amazing albums during shifts in what is "in" as far as popularity. However, the charts are not friendly to straight rock music at the present. It's techno/synth, pop, pop/country, pop/rock (more pop than rock), R&B, (c)rap. Promote all you want, but until the shift in what's "popular" happens, it will be difficult.

There's not much on the radio these days with real instruments (guitar, drums, bass, ect). It's all computer generated synths, and I hate it. My local rock station (yes only 1 rock station where I live) barely plays new released rock music. It's very frustrating.

Not sure if any of you guys live in the NYC area but on the local alternative station, ALT 92.3, they play the usual Green Day songs like, Basket Case, Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and 21 Guns. But for some reason, they haven’t played Bang Bang or Still Breathing yet. Maybe I should start requesting it

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Not sure if any of you guys live in the NYC area but on the local alternative station, ALT 92.3, they play the usual Green Day songs like, Basket Case, Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and 21 Guns. But for some reason, they haven’t played Bang Bang or Still Breathing yet. Maybe I should start requesting it

You and me both gotta start requesting it, since I live in the NYC area as well.

4 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

I love Tre (2nd fave album) and Warning, but RevRad, the album and especially when they played half of it live, was sooo good.  I don't know what 'mature' would mean at this point, but re-watching live performances of Bang Bang and Revolution Radio is always a huge :wub: for the angry punk rock energy and Billie's vocals that are more 'mature' (and sexy) than ever. I don't see them getting more 'relaxed' overall (apart from the softer ballads they have always made in a small percentage of their songs, and will surely continue to) before one more decade (that would be approaching their 60's). Even when they will be in their 50's, I think they'll still have a fair lot of energy. I don't think Billie has been a ball of energy at each of The Longshot shows as if to enjoy the last moments he would still be able to, but on the contrary to warm up for a long tour of wild and loose energy like RevRad was. With an album to promote that would be as wild to play. 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Im not going to analyze a video of a studio that GD may or may not have recorded in. That video doesn’t prove that GD recorded. The only connection is that they follow him on social.  

I didn’t say I didn’t like synths. My favorite album is My Chem’s Danger Days (heavy on synths). My problem is that almost EVERYTHING on popular radio is 99% synth/computer generated. 

3 hours ago, DadBod said:

Im not going to analyze a video of a studio that GD may or may not have recorded in. That video doesn’t prove that GD recorded. The only connection is that they follow him on social.  

I didn’t say I didn’t like synths. My favorite album is My Chem’s Danger Days (heavy on synths). My problem is that almost EVERYTHING on popular radio is 99% synth/computer generated. 

But everyone pointed out that those are clearly Tré’s drums

22 hours ago, Todd said:

Hate to break it to you, but Dookie was written when the guys were in their early 20's. Now they're aproaching 50. If I can promise you anything, this new record won't sound anything like Dookie. If Green Day was capable of making another Dookie, they would have done so by now. Their lives are in totally different places now than they were back in 93. Now that doesn't mean the new album won't be good, I always find myself happily surprised with their new music, but you have to go into it with an open mind! I suggest you listen to Uno, Dos, Tre, and Revolution Radio (and "Back in the USA" off their new greatest hits album) to get an idea of the sound Green Day has been building over the past few years. 

I've listened to revolution radio. I just mean I hope it doesn't go like to fall out boy's straight pop music lol I really like stray heart from dos if I remember correctly

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Are they tho?

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Are they tho?

There’s no “sjc” on the kick, but clearly I’m being told they’re  100% tre’s even though the caption is vague.

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

There’s no “sjc” on the kick, but clearly I’m being told their 100% tre’s even though the caption is vague.

Almost everyone in the comments are saying “OMG TRÉ’S DRUMS!!!”

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Almost everyone in the comments are saying “OMG TRÉ’S DRUMS!!!”

Just because someone says it, doesn’t make it truth. 

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Say it louder for the people in the back

4 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Mass hysteria mass hysteria 

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No, I suggested it. They don’t appear to be Tre’s brand of drums tho.

For the record I don’t think that necessarily rules it out, different producer wanting a different drum sound, or pushing Tre out of his comfort zone. That being said there isn’t a clear enough link to assume they’re his, so they probably aren’t :) 

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Tre posted a video of his drum set up in December 18. Mics were there too. probably recording demos? 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived