Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Remember the Foxboro Hot Tubs? Green Day’s ¡DOS! album was basically kinda like a FHT album, Billie said it himself, so it can happen!

I see what you’re saying but there’s a clear divide between the two projects. I think The slingshot will probably have an influence on the songwriting as Billie is clearly inspired to make that sort of music. It’ll also have the ideas of Mike and Tre and be written for Green Day so will also sound different

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the Foxboro Hot Tubs? Green Day’s ¡DOS! album was basically kinda like a FHT album, Billie said it himself, so it can happen!

The difference is that all three Green Day members were involved in FBHT. Could just be our perception, but Mike and Tré didn't seem too keen on the idea of Billie going solo.

I really don’t think a Longshot style album from Green Day would be well-received by most people and I think they know that. That’s why Billie got it out of his system. It’s fine as Longshot, not as Green Day.

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

I see what you’re saying but there’s a clear divide between the two projects. I think The slingshot will probably have an influence on the songwriting as Billie is clearly inspired to make that sort of music. It’ll also have the ideas of Mike and Tre and be written for Green Day so will also sound different

Ooh I want to hear the Slingshot 😁

19 minutes ago, petros said:

I love Insomniac as well but the guys in 2019 aren't 20 years old nor mad at anything. So a fast punk album wouldn't have any feeling to it. I'd rather get some honest music than something like "let's get punx and fast just like old times"

If they're not angry at anything they need to take the news more seriously, Stiff Little Fingers are in their 60s and still making angry punk albums.

16 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

The difference is that all three Green Day members were involved in FBHT. Could just be our perception, but Mike and Tré didn't seem too keen on the idea of Billie going solo.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t like it. I mean he’s done Pinhead Gunpowder with Jason White

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t like it. I mean he’s done Pinhead Gunpowder with Jason White

That's not really the same thing.

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

How do you know this?

12 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

How do you know this?

I dont. That's why I said it could just be perception.

*waits for this to go crazy conspiracy time again after Billie’s reposted that guys photo*

Suspicious

as we can see Billie is happy and clearly in studio recording the new album called song for assholes

Whats-App-Image-2019-06-18-at-21-06-45.j

Brit posted a stories with the three GD muppets reunited too

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

HOLY SHIT!!! @Im.a.basket.case He noticed you!!!

don't forget to delete photos from quotes

Okay this is the first time in the history of this thread that I'm actually starting to get excited about new GD.:lol:

Well, The Longshot being a warm-up for Green Day is very plausible in any given scenario, it's just that it could equally have been completely unrelated. We won't know until / if there's an official announcement and/or more concrete teasers from the band.

I just like how he pokes his head in to say hi every once in a while. It’s like a reminder that he hasn’t forgotten us 💚

12 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

Okay this is the first time in the history of this thread that I'm actually starting to get excited about new GD.:lol:

Me too!!!  

This might just be the start of teases and shit to get us hyped. Maybe not....but it may just be...

5 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

😂😎🎸

I'd love for your leak to be real but I just ain't buying it. If your leak is real I'll record a video of me putting my nimrod in a blender and then drinking it 

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

This might just be the start of teases and shit to get us hyped. Maybe not....but it may just be...

I'd love for your leak to be real but I just ain't buying it. If your leak is real I'll record a video of me putting my nimrod in a blender and then drinking it 

That sounds very painful

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

#iamjune21st

I seen this post and it gave me a heart attack because I figured this is something Billie posted, unfortunately it is not

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

That sounds very painful

Something something blood sex and booze something something

You mean like this? :

giphy.gif

BRING IT ON style

(well I hate to say it, but I think you may have to put it into standby for the time being lol)

Days and days of “leaks” by trolls and now we finally have something new to talk about!!! And who has us talking this time? Billie himself!!!

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived