Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 hours ago, Asik said:

You are the type of person who believes people weren't on the moon

Why the fuck do you have to be so rude.

You have no idea who I am but choose to insult me. 

I’m guessing you are the type of person who spews hate? 

Seriously guys you are so bitchy and nasty On here no wonder why people wanna fuck with you

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I've been waiting a long time, for this... forum to give me, any credible info, at alllllllllllllll"

My girlfriend think I'm not reading enough books... If only she knew how much I'm reading in a day 'cause of this thread 😂😂

1 hour ago, scottnz6789 said:

Why the fuck do you have to be so rude.

You have no idea who I am but choose to insult me. 

I’m guessing you are the type of person who spews hate? 

Seriously guys you are so bitchy and nasty On here no wonder why people wanna fuck with you

What I find most annoying is that this is a speculation thread yet people on here get mad at us for speculating!!!

Can people stop @ing Matt please asking him to confirm leaks. 1) He's not allowed to do that, 2) The leaks are obviously fake. If any aspect of the leaks are true, it's purely by coincidence and 3) You're just spamming Matt with notifications

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What I find most annoying is that this is a speculation thread yet people on here get mad at us for speculating!!!

What I find annoying is people believing obvious trolls which makes this whole thread pointless to read

32 minutes ago, Cunt said:

This is getting far worse than the revrad thread ever did. 

If I recall correctly the Revrad thread didn't start until we knew they were in the studio, considering the entire basis of this thread is an Instagram account we can't even see I'm not surprised this is a shitshow.

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

The lead single called “Not My Hero”

"Not my President" :P

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

This is getting far worse than the revrad thread ever did. 

I mean - any content is content.

This place is dead when Green Day aren't doing anything so site traffic, news and all that. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

If I recall correctly the Revrad thread didn't start until we knew they were in the studio, considering the entire basis of this thread is an Instagram account we can't even see I'm not surprised this is a shitshow.

I’d like to sincerely apologise to you all for starting this thread 

21 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

Don't be, imo.  This thread is a hoot to read.  :)

24 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

Ngl, I was hoping songsforassholes would stay quiet a little longer but it makes no difference. This was all bound to happen sooner or later 😜

Can I get a list of all the "leaked" song titles?  I'm working on something....

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Can I get a list of all the "leaked" song titles?  I'm working on something....

The newest one said there's a song called "how the west was won" I'm having hard time finding the other leak regarding the tracklist though

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

The newest one said there's a song called "how the west was won" I'm having hard time finding the other leak regarding the tracklist though

I found some on page 69 of this thread.  Wasn't there another track list floating around though?  all the 4chan links are gone that I come across.  

1. Burn It All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (According to the leak, this is the 1st single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

This is the only tracklist I remember

Also was a "leak" a few days ago claiming a new song is called "not my hero." Don't remember any other tracklist though.

5 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

1. Burn It All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (According to the leak, this is the 1st single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

This is the only tracklist I remember

Also was a "leak" a few days ago claiming a new song is called "not my hero." Don't remember any other tracklist though.

This one, to me, is the most realistic

“Average Workin Man”

Noooooo I am not sure about people who’ve been millionaires for years and years writing about what it’s like to be average or struggling or whatever. It’s ok to be wealthy of course and good for them but I really like when Green Day and the side projects have authentic feeling lyrics and music. Or maybe this song list is a joke and it’s meaningless. It just wouldn’t feel very authentic to be writing about being average and working class. They’ve been beyond the average workin man for pretty much their entire adult lives. I like when the writing feels like it’s coming from a true place from the artist.

Point is: I really hope this song list is a joke.

Second point: I guess this is pointless because we don’t know if it’s true.

Third point: nobody who knows anything is really saying anyway and anything else said doesn’t matter.

Fourth point: I’m being an average workin Green Day fan and jumping to conclusions as GD fans often do. Famously do. Look at this ridiculous thread haha.

So I've looked over the evidence and this is my idea of the album:

GREEN DAY: 

1.       Burn it All

2.       Don’t Patronize Me

3.       Anti-Social Media

4.       Average Working Man

5.       Dolly Whoop

6.       Broken Bridge

7.       Peace

8.       As the World Turns

9.       Rome Falls

10.   Puppy Dog Crush

11.   The Jury and Judge

12.   Take a Stand

13.   Orange Summer

14.   Not my Hero

15.   How the West was Won

Produced by Butch Walker and self titled, although when you open up the booklet, it says “SONGS FOR A**HOLES” 

The album swings back and forth like a manic depressive on a bender, and it’s all the more healthier for it!     If you’re comparing the sound, think - American Idiot/Uno/The Longshot.    HOLY CRAP!

Average working man, Broken Bridge and Take a Stand are ballads or power ballads.  

Puppy Dog Crush is the only Explicit song, with some extremely outlandish things being said.  Possibly some Tre vocals, as Billie had an issue repeating some of it on record.  

Rome Falls is listed in the book as being “American Idiot 2”  because in the lyrics,  Billie boldly states that he doesn’t need to write another American Idiot, he’s got better things in mind.  The song is a huge rant about people who only like IDIOT.   

How the West was Won is 13 minutes long on the dot, and is a celebration of all things Green Day.  It shifts from each style the band has done over the years, ending with a new sound even for this record!  Billie may be done with making rock opera albums, but he’s not done with the characters we all know and love.  Jesus and Whatshername make a roaring return in a song that’s so cheerfully punk rock, you won’t know what to do with all the feelings it makes you feel.  You’ll laugh, cry and laugh some more as you feel the joyous yet powerful entirety of Green Day’s musical journey building to one giant crescendo.   It’s without a doubt the nuttiest thing the guys have ever done. 

This ain’t rage and love.  This is Anger and Happiness, baby! 

13 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

“Average Workin Man”

Noooooo I am not sure about people who’ve been millionaires for years and years writing about what it’s like to be average or struggling or whatever. It’s ok to be wealthy of course and good for them but I really like when Green Day and the side projects have authentic feeling lyrics and music. Or maybe this song list is a joke and it’s meaningless. It just wouldn’t feel very authentic to be writing about being average and working class. They’ve been beyond the average workin man for pretty much their entire adult lives. I like when the writing feels like it’s coming from a true place from the artist.

Point is: I really hope this song list is a joke.

Second point: I guess this is pointless because we don’t know if it’s true.

Third point: nobody who knows anything is really saying anyway and anything else said doesn’t matter.

Fourth point: I’m being an average workin Green Day fan and jumping to conclusions as GD fans often do. Famously do. Look at this ridiculous thread haha.

Although in 21CB, he sings, “My generation is zero, I never made it as a working class hero!”

Will a new thread be opened once we actually get some legit news? Because if so, I might just ignore this thread because it's clearly offering nothing

25 minutes ago, That Dude said:

So I've looked over the evidence and this is my idea of the album:

GREEN DAY: 

1.       Burn it All

2.       Don’t Patronize Me

3.       Anti-Social Media

4.       Average Working Man

5.       Dolly Whoop

6.       Broken Bridge

7.       Peace

8.       As the World Turns

9.       Rome Falls

10.   Puppy Dog Crush

11.   The Jury and Judge

12.   Take a Stand

13.   Orange Summer

14.   Not my Hero

15.   How the West was Won

Produced by Butch Walker and self titled, although when you open up the booklet, it says “SONGS FOR A**HOLES” 

The album swings back and forth like a manic depressive on a bender, and it’s all the more healthier for it!     If you’re comparing the sound, think - American Idiot/Uno/The Longshot.    HOLY CRAP!

Average working man, Broken Bridge and Take a Stand are ballads or power ballads.  

Puppy Dog Crush is the only Explicit song, with some extremely outlandish things being said.  Possibly some Tre vocals, as Billie had an issue repeating some of it on record.  

Rome Falls is listed in the book as being “American Idiot 2”  because in the lyrics,  Billie boldly states that he doesn’t need to write another American Idiot, he’s got better things in mind.  The song is a huge rant about people who only like IDIOT.   

How the West was Won is 13 minutes long on the dot, and is a celebration of all things Green Day.  It shifts from each style the band has done over the years, ending with a new sound even for this record!  Billie may be done with making rock opera albums, but he’s not done with the characters we all know and love.  Jesus and Whatshername make a roaring return in a song that’s so cheerfully punk rock, you won’t know what to do with all the feelings it makes you feel.  You’ll laugh, cry and laugh some more as you feel the joyous yet powerful entirety of Green Day’s musical journey building to one giant crescendo.   It’s without a doubt the nuttiest thing the guys have ever done. 

This ain’t rage and love.  This is Anger and Happiness, baby! 

Dude, this is oddly specific, but anyway, this would be an EPIC album!!!

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Will a new thread be opened once we actually get some legit news? Because if so, I might just ignore this thread because it's clearly offering nothing

To be fair, that's always been the case for all (major) past releases, so your post is more a statement than a real question. 

I love how the rumor mill is going alive right now. Even 4chan is pitching in! That said, I just want some new music. Doesn't matter whether it is under Green Day, Longshot or any other alter ego. xD

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived