Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

5 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

Despite the rumours/leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if the album is released in the last quarter of 2019. 

Rob Thomas finished his latest album around October 2018 (recorded, mastered, everything) and it wasn't released until April 2019. Coincidentally it was also produced by Butch Walker. So if GD only finished in May (unconfirmed) then we could be waiting until November.

Mostly everyone is saying a Fall release is likely.

6 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Ah yes, going full feminist. Women in STEM! Fits the LOTAG book theme.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Ah yes, going full feminist. Women in STEM! Fits the LOTAG book theme.

And showing off the new space force 😂

I actually like this cover art. However, it seems lazy to take a picture from a 1951 Sci-Fi magazine and just change the filter color to red. Probably fake.

'green day were replaced by clones after Insomniac'

🤣

Maybe all these leaks are true and we're getting like 15 new albums this year

With all these shitty leaks I think someone at 4Chan needs to see a urologist.

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I remember @LaughingClock saying a long time ago that Billie had reached a point in life where he was writing more than ever before and wanted to put out music faster than before. Maybe 21 tracks is the result of that.

Another 4chan "leak" with a different story...

http://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/88411632/green-day-new-album

Pasting this one here because why not. We need a chart.

“the new green Day album. Most of its bullshit I worked on it. There's a pop direction more so than the other records and Butch did produce. Lead single is Not My Hero and it should be out in a few weeks. Album is called Songs For Assholes and it will have 12-14 tracks.”

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pasting this one here because why not. We need a chart.

“the new green Day album. Most of its bullshit I worked on it. There's a pop direction more so than the other records and Butch did produce. Lead single is Not My Hero and it should be out in a few weeks. Album is called Songs For Assholes and it will have 12-14 tracks.”

I believe I remember Matt saying the title is not Songs For Assholes 

35 minutes ago, scottnz6789 said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the bring of the musical to NZ is a promotional ploy for new music?

It seems strange that they bring it to NZ now after 7 or 8 years.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/stage-and-theatre/113397780/rock-musical-american-idiot-coming-to-the-civic-this-october

You are the type of person who believes people weren't on the moon

8 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

-I don't see Green Day releasing a self titled album at this point, no other reason than I just don't see them doing it  I'm going to have to say the first bullet isnt true

Really great justification here. I love your reasoning :lol: 

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I actually like this cover art. However, it seems lazy to take a picture from a 1951 Sci-Fi magazine and just change the filter color to red. Probably fake.

Not to mention the font is straight-up the really shitty “American Idiot” font that you can download on GDA. Green Day albums almost always use hand-lettering, and when they do use font, there’s usually some effect over them so that the letters don’t all look the same.  

31 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I believe I remember Matt saying the title is not Songs For Assholes 

Νope. Matt actually said he liked an artwork that was for songs for assholes. It could mean nothing and he just happened to like that particular cover but I don't recall him saying it wasn't the tittle. 

Even just watching other people trying to keep up with all these "leaks" makes me exhausted :lol: 

Ugh, there should really be an option to disable the @ function on this specific thread. Seriously...

Matt. and The Insider right now:

giphy.gif

I'm honestly trapped here. Still. I don't know how to break out of the grip this thread has on me but I think I'm finally fully resigned to it.

4 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

I'm honestly trapped here. Still. I don't know how to break out of the grip this thread has on me but I think I'm finally fully resigned to it.

Same here. It's bad.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

The lead single called “Not My Hero”......hmmm what do you guys think of this leak? @Matt. is there any truth to this?

give it a rest

I don't get why people complain about the thread. You can just not visit right? If actual news come they will be in twitter/instagram/whatever. It's all speculation now and random conversations until we have some news. If you come here to complain about the thread are you doing any more good to the thread than me fighting with people about the trilogy?

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

The lead single called “Not My Hero”......hmmm what do you guys think of this leak? @Matt. is there any truth to this?

If I knew, I couldn’t say.

11 minutes ago, petros said:

I don't get why people complain about the thread. You can just not visit right? If actual news come they will be in twitter/instagram/whatever. It's all speculation now and random conversations until we have some news. If you come here to complain about the thread are you doing any more good to the thread than me fighting with people about the trilogy?

It's not that deep.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived