Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not really, The Insider knows stuff. They knew to.go to Oakland this week for Longshot.

I get it, The Insider is a psychic! šŸ¤­

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I get it, The Insider is a psychic! šŸ¤­

Insider has a sOuRcE

The leak is written in a way that it seems satirical. However, I would love a long rock album.

36 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I think someone needs to clarify that @The InsiderĀ isnā€™t really an Insider. That name came about as a joke reference to all of the ā€œ insidersā€posting on here at one time if Iā€™m not mistaken.

The fact that peopleĀ have said she's proven her worth as an insider has been putting me in kinks ever since this whole thing started if I'm honest. She remains the only insider I trust regardless

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

I wouldnā€™t say 0% šŸ™ƒ

šŸ¤

The part that's true must be that the album is amazingĀ 

Yeah Matt's reply is so vague it could mean anything haha

Anyone who takes a leak with song names like "How the West Was Won" seriously deserves the disappointment of finding out it is fake

17 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

Anyone who takes a leak with song names like "How the West Was Won" seriously deserves the disappointment of finding out it is fake

That's what people said about the song titles "Too Dumb to Die" and "Troubled Times" on RevRad when the tracklist leaked.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

What's up with How The West Was Won? Is it a reference to something?

I think it was a lyric from the Static Age

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What's up with How The West Was Won? Is it a reference to something?

I think the reason people are finding it hard to believe is because it's a previously used Green Day lyric from The Static Age

Ā 

...someone beat me to the explanation

16 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I think the reason people are finding it hard to believe is because it's a previously used Green Day lyric from The Static Age

Ā 

...someone beat me to the explanation

Troubled Times (99 revolutions)

Too Dumb to Die (Carpe Diem)

Just now, Jon Benjamin said:

Troubled Times (99 revolutions)

Too Dumb to Die (Carpe Diem)

Trouble times is also in hitchin a ride, amd too dumb to die is actually in english, math and science

He often repeats phrases in his lyrics so it's not unrealistic that a new song can be named with a line that was used before. I thought the RevRad setlist was fake when it leaked and it turned out to be true, so I wouldn't say it's impossible for this to happen again, but I don't believe the leak. It just sounds like trolling. There's no way someone who was at the album's first listen would go on 4Chan to post a sarcastic leak.

25 minutes ago, Asik said:

Trouble times is also in hitchin a ride, amd too dumb to die is actually in english, math and science

Yeah youā€™re right Iā€™m just fried.Ā 

Edit: weā€™re both dropping the ball, you mean Sex Drugs & Violence. We should probably both just go to bed for the day.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Yeah youā€™re right Iā€™m just fried.Ā 

Edit: weā€™re both dropping the ball, you mean Sex Drugs & Violence. We should probably both just go to bed for the day.

Im just not allowed to say "making love and substance that gets you high"

15 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

The mixing and mastering of the past few records has been questionable. I hope he improves.

All their albums have excellent mixing though.

Revrad's master wasn't ideal I guess, but we have access to better versions for every album before it, and there's always the vinyl releases too.

How The West Was Won isn't just a GD lyric, it's also quite a famous 60s Western film which is where they got the line from (and also it's Peter Perrett's comeback solo album from a few years ago).

Ā 

I don't suppose anything real has come of this thread in the 50 pages since I Iast showed up here?

TICK TOCK šŸ¤ŸšŸ½āœŒšŸ½šŸŽ¶

seems to be a lot of people who donā€™t remember the internet in the mid 2000ā€™s.

#OTWF

19 minutes ago, Grinch said:

All their albums have excellent mixing though.

Revrad's master wasn't ideal I guess, but we have access to better versions for every album before it, and there's always the vinyl releases too.

Iā€™m not picky about mixing unless itā€™s really obvious thereā€™s an issue, but I can see why people have a problem. The bass needs to be turned up on their recent releases. The first time I listened to Revolution Radio (The Song) I couldnā€™t tell that a bass was present when they were trying to highlight it for a few seconds in the song.

1 hour ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

TICK TOCK šŸ¤ŸšŸ½āœŒšŸ½šŸŽ¶

seems to be a lot of people who donā€™t remember the internet in the mid 2000ā€™s.

#OTWF

What?

3 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

What?

I'm guessing he's pretending to have some kind of cryptic message?

52 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Iā€™m not picky about mixing unless itā€™s really obvious thereā€™s an issue, but I can see why people have a problem. The bass needs to be turned up on their recent releases. The first time I listened to Revolution Radio (The Song) I couldnā€™t tell that a bass was present when they were trying to highlight it for a few seconds in the song.

Gonna have to give that a hard disagree. Not sure what kind of headphones you have, but I'm just using basic AT-M40x and the bass in that song specifically is VERY prominent and audible for a modern rock song in general, let alone Green Day. It's no quieter than it has been dating back to American Idiot (a perfectly mixed album). In fact, I think it's quite a bit louder than the bass in 21st CB. This is almost as tiresome to read constantly as the "trilogy production is bad !!1!!" debate that's brought up constantly when it sounds just fine. Everyone's allowed to have an opinion though so I can't get too upset about it.

I'm confident that the mixing on the new album will be great as always.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived