Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So I was looking on Twitter for any tweets about the new album and I found this

Not sure who she is or where she’s from, but apparently some radio station said it’s coming out in December...hope it’s not actually that far off

When the summer is really the focus for Green Day then I would doubt that the album will come in December very strongly.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would make no sense to record an album in January and not release it for a year.

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It would make no sense to record an album in January and not release it for a year.

exactly.

Maybe the Christmas elves video had a deeper meaning. You wanted experimentation? Here you go, a GD Christmas record of punk rock gregorian chants. 

6 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Reasons I am nervous for this upcoming album:

-Butch Walker, a producer with a record of producing some very "poppy" rock albums such as Weezer (the newer stuff that is) and Fallout Boy. I don't want Green Day to sound so polished and clean as those bands do, as poppy.

-Green Day recently joined crush music, crush also manages Weezer, Panic at the Disco, and Fallout Boy (no risrespect to any of them.) Now it seems like these are all bands who kind of put out whatever they can to get to the top of the charts. Green Day joining crush might suggest that they want to get to the top of the music charts and wanted help with doing so. 

This, exactly. It doesn't mean the album will necessarily sound like these bands but... Crush and Walker kind of sound like a set up for Nightlife 2.0.

4 hours ago, J a c said:

Too many flowers and sparkles for one Twitter username 19.gif 

See?! It's definitely Billie! 

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This, exactly. It doesn't mean the album will necessarily sound like these bands but... Crush and Walker kind of sound like a set up for Nightlife 2.0.

I agree with you, but Green Day have never really had the pop leanings that blink etc have had. Nightlife is awful, but musically sounds like Green Day still. Bands like Blink have always had a more prominent pop sound to me, so it was less of a surprise when they went down that route.

Id be really surprised and disappointed if they actually made a pop album.

Just now, Joe. said:

I agree with you, but Green Day have never really had the pop leanings that blink etc have had. Nightlife is awful, but musically sounds like Green Day still. Bands like Blink have always had a more prominent pop sound to me, so it was less of a surprise when they went down that route.

Id be really surprised and disappointed if they actually made a pop album.

That's true. A pop album would be a surprise. I'd never guess they'd go that way if it wasn't for Crush and Walker. But I hear it in Still Breathing. With a poppier production, it would make a real earworm. It's a horrible idea, but they'd be able to write like that. I conpletely agree that they've never been as poppy as other Crush bands and never really followed trends, but this is currently my One Fear.

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

So I was looking on Twitter for any tweets about the new album and I found this

Not sure who she is or where she’s from, but apparently some radio station said it’s coming out in December...hope it’s not actually that far off

Lol nope

8 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Lol nope

Lol nope like Lol nope not that far or Lol nope like Lol nope far than December.

Lol nope

17 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Lol nope

So before or after December???

8 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

So before or after December???

Right month, wrong year *panic mode on* 43.gif 

1 minute ago, J a c said:

Right month, wrong year *panic mode on* 43.gif 

Haha...not funny

Plot twist: Billie is so woke that he's using this instead of regular calendar.

Republican%20calendar.jpg

The albums comes out 9 Thermidor.

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Lol nope

I think like lol nope like lol nope not that far.

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Lol nope like Lol nope not that far or Lol nope like Lol nope far than December.

Lol nope

I think lol nope like lol nope not that far.

7 hours ago, Joe. said:

Nightlife is awful, but musically sounds like Green Day still

Let me correct this, Lady Cobra is awful. If you removed her it's actually a decent little progression and Billie's guitar touches in certain spots are somewhat reminiscent of The Clash. Good progression but terrible decision making. 

Also... that part "If you wanna explore my vocal chords" No thank you Lady Cobra they've done enough damage 

4 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Let me correct this, Lady Cobra is awful. If you removed her it's actually a decent little progression and Billie's guitar touches in certain spots are somewhat reminiscent of The Clash. Good progression but terrible decision making. 

Also... that part "If you wanna explore my vocal chords" No thank you Lady Cobra they've done enough damage 

I was about to defend Lady Cobra the song but then I understood it's Nightlife you're talking about. :lol: I'm torn on this song, because the bass line is nice and groovy and overall it's this really cool a bit dark sounding song that could have had a new wave feel and be absolutely awesome but Lady Cobra and the lyrics ruin it. If they went a little more over the top with it, it could pass as a joke song.

3 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Yup:

10 hours ago, Joe. said:

I agree with you, but Green Day have never really had the pop leanings that blink etc have had. Nightlife is awful, but musically sounds like Green Day still.

But sadly “lady cobra” is on it, so it sucks

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I was about to defend Lady Cobra the song but then I understood it's Nightlife you're talking about. :lol: I'm torn on this song, because the bass line is nice and groovy and overall it's this really cool a bit dark sounding song that could have had a new wave feel and be absolutely awesome but Lady Cobra and the lyrics ruin it. If they went a little more over the top with it, it could pass as a joke song.

Lady Cobra the song is one of my favorites from the trilogy. Lady Cobra as an "artist" on the other hand well.. I've made it clear how I feel lol 

The thing is that this is Green Day... they literally could have had anyone rap on this if they wanted. Like imagine if it was Method Man and not Lady Cobra. 

3 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Lady Cobra the song is one of my favorites from the trilogy. Lady Cobra as an "artist" on the other hand well.. I've made it clear how I feel lol 

The thing is that this is Green Day... they literally could have had anyone rap on this if they wanted. Like imagine if it was Method Man and not Lady Cobra. 

But that’s not how Billie operates. Mystic Knights of the Cobra were an East Bay band that he discovered at Gilman and he wanted to encourage and support them. Their sexy party vibe suited FBHT so they took them on tour. Then he struck a friendship/became drug buddies/whatever with LC and wanted to continue working with her. With Billie it always starts with some personal connection not how famous a person is or whether it will get chart attention because of the name. 

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But that’s not how Billie operates. Mystic Knights of the Cobra were an East Bay band that he discovered at Gilman and he wanted to encourage and support them. Their sexy party vibe suited FBHT so they took them on tour. Then he struck a friendship/became drug buddies/whatever with LC and wanted to continue working with her. With Billie it always starts with some personal connection not how famous a person is or whether it will get chart attention because of the name. 

Still one of the worst decisions ever made by the band lol  Fine that's cool collaborate with artists from your area  ... get Tim Armstrong on the track then... 

Also my point of saying he could have had Method Man isn't about chart performance or how famous he is. It's about how good he is at his art. 

Green Day actually gets a lot of respect from the hip hop community but we ended up with Lady Cobra. She's the worst thing to happen in the GD community since the 5 year wait for 21cb. 

7 hours ago, Matt. said:

Lol nope

So, now that the Longshot shows are done for now, when should we really expect a GD announcement?

I would love for Green Day to collaborate with a talented rap artist but I don't think Nightlife was the right kind of song for that. That kind of breathy speaking (as opposed to real rapping) suits the vibe of the song. Aside from some slightly dodgy lyrics I like it and think it works.

14 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I would love for Green Day to collaborate with a talented rap artist but I don't think Nightlife was the right kind of song for that. That kind of breathy speaking (as opposed to real rapping) suits the vibe of the song. Aside from some slightly dodgy lyrics I like it and think it works.

Green Day featuring Eminem?

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Green Day featuring Eminem?

Sure. Or someone like Method Man as mentioned, or Kendrick Lamar for someone more current, any good rap artist!

Nightlife really wasn't an opportunity for this though haha, it wasn't like they went "let's do a song with a rapper" and Lady Cobra was the best rapper they could find, they just wanted to do a song with her.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived