Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Didn’t Green Day get sued for the image of Ernie from Sesame Street on the back cover of Dookie?

Yes and also about a painting they used onstage during the 21CB tour. They won that one.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Asik said:

So no special announcement?

Looks like it.  Unless "this week" extends to 11:59 PM PDT.

6 minutes ago, Xelgrim said:

Looks like it.  Unless "this week" extends to 11:59 PM PDT.

Weird. I thought the admin said we would get smth this week. I guess we will have to wait for another month

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Weird. I thought the admin said we would get smth this week. I guess we will have to wait for another month

Well we have the Longshot shows, now Mike joining Billie for the Cover Up show, they’re definitely getting ready for something!!!!

I won't be excited until there's Green Day stuff happening which won't be until the summer (which I've learned apparently starts June 21st :lol:)

Come on, there are still two days left of this week when an accouncement can still be made.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Come on, there are still two days left of this week when an accouncement can still be made.

Technically just Saturday. Nothing usually happens on Sundays and it's technically a new week.

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Technically just Saturday. Nothing usually happens on Sundays and it's technically a new week.

True... still one day to go.

7 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Wow. I'd forgotten how haunting that was. Billie makes his struggles so catchy but that's often how his lyrics sound on paper. I know catchy misery is part of Green Day's appeal but yeah, hearing him sing his lyrics like they sound is the main reason I'd love some acoustic performances. Stray Heart is actually one of the songs I want to hear acoustic, because like Basket Case, it seems much lighter than it is. Some of the piano covers on YouTube are chilling.

Not sure which song, but it would be amazing to take a fast and loud Green Day song and turn it into an acoustic closer for really special shows.   Let the darkness of the lyrics and a sorrowful sounding guitar take a song to new heights!  

I hope the new album has some acoustic tracks and big ballads.  

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I feel a debate about when a new week starts, and when a week ends coming. And we'd just sorted summer 🙈

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I won't be excited until there's Green Day stuff happening which won't be until the summer (which I've learned apparently starts June 21st :lol:)

How come summer only starts june 21st?

23 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Not sure which song, but it would be amazing to take a fast and loud Green Day song and turn it into an acoustic closer for really special shows.   Let the darkness of the lyrics and a sorrowful sounding guitar take a song to new heights!  

I hope the new album has some acoustic tracks and big ballads.  

Just found this!!!

Yeah, there's a whole range of these tracks on YouTube. Basically people taking the isolated vocal track and adding their own instrumentation, with varying results.  I think my favourite is this one: 

Has a pop touch to it, but it's nice change I'm ok with (this one time)

Update for everyone: My source confused some information and the “thing” for this week was actually the new Dead Sound record, not something else (which I won’t mention in an effort to not cause any further speculation and hype).

I apologize for misleading anyone with what turned out to be false information regarding something different happening this week; that was obviously not my intent. I know some here will be upset and call me a liar but that’s the name of the game when trying to share nth-hand information. I’d rather admit I had something wrong than not say anything at all because, despite some beliefs, I’m an honest person.

Still looking forward to a great summer of Green Day build up.

I expected nothing anyway. I’m still having a hard time believing we will have a new album this year 😂

Just thought about the new album from this angle:  The singles from this album with be at the beginning of the next Greatest Hits compilation!  Looking back, Green Day do a Greatest Hits after 6 albums / 11-12 years apart.  So in 2029, after Album 18 has been properly promoted, we could get a massive 40 YEARS OF GREEN DAY compilation, which would be really cool. 

68 Green Singles!

Two new tracks!  

WOO HOO!  

Anyway.  

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

new Dead Sound record

I'm the winner, I posted this, only 2 people noticed though 😂

On 6/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, Goofygoldfish said:

How about this single?!?! 

Bill's band... Supported by (headline by) The Longshot 

27 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Update for everyone: My source confused some information and the “thing” for this week was actually the new Dead Sound record, not something else (which I won’t mention in an effort to not cause any further speculation and hype).

I apologize for misleading anyone with what turned out to be false information regarding something different happening this week; that was obviously not my intent. I know some here will be upset and call me a liar but that’s the name of the game when trying to share nth-hand information. I’d rather admit I had something wrong than not say anything at all because, despite some beliefs, I’m an honest person.

Still looking forward to a great summer of Green Day build up.

Yo make a alt account and leak the actual thing real quick we're bored

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Yo make a alt account and leak the actual thing real quick we're bored

You’ll never know if I do...

I’m actually more excited about the Coverups show now because it looks like I’m going!

Well then now with this, The Longshot mini tour and The Coverups show in July I don't think we'll get any Green Day music or news until August. Probably the same album promo cycle as Rev Rad.

1 minute ago, Clockwise said:

Well then now with this, The Longshot mini tour and The Coverups show in July I don't think we'll get any Green Day music or news until August. Probably the same album promo cycle as Rev Rad.

Hopefully it would be an August single and September album to be eligible for the next Grammys!!!

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived