Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

He never said it was a "single" that were weren't expecting. Just something we weren't expecting. I mean a Coverups show makes sense. If an album is coming in the Fall, the band would be "warming up" with small shows soon.

Yes he said that it will be a single, but not a single we are expecting.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This also isn’t consistent with the summer being focused on Green Day unless it turns out to be a surprise Green Day show. So who’s going?

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yes he said that it will be a single, but not a single we are expecting.

Not necessarily this week though. Just "something" this week. Single could be in the future. Am I making sense?

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I mean...I'm a little disappointed that this could be what it is. But to be fair, he didn't say "something crazy good this week." We kind of hyped ourselves up. I like Matt so I blame myself for getting excited.

I wasn't targeting you - just a general observation. :) 

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Not necessarily this week though. Just "something" this week. Single could be in the future. Am I making sense?

Yeah exactly.
The single wasn't related to this week's announcement

Sadly it seems Matt was lying to get people hype over nothing.    Yeah he said it was something unexpected but he also said he didn't want to spoil the surprise implying it was something interesting.   One Coverups show is not.

Oh well.   Good show I guess.   I'm sure he's laughing right now reading the thread.

I'm sure Matt's a nice guy overall but he shouldn't have said anything if it was this mild of an announcement.

2 minutes ago, Misery11 said:

Sadly it seems Matt was lying to get people hype over nothing.    Yeah he said it was something unexpected but he also said he didn't want to spoil the surprise implying it was something interesting.   One Coverups show is not.

Oh well.   Good show I guess.   I'm sure he's laughing right now reading the thread.

I'm sure Matt's a nice guy overall but he shouldn't have said anything if it was this mild of an announcement.

Oh well...maybe the plans just changed :P

2 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

What is Coverups anyway?

Billie's band that plays covers. It's BJA, Mike, Bill Schneider and I forgot who on drums.

6 minutes ago, Misery11 said:

@Matt. doesnt lie perhaps newbies who don't know the users and who Matt is shouldn't be trying to slander a known trusted source 

Wow why are people such idiots?

@Misery11 Why do you think Matt is lying? This isn't even the announcement, at least not the one he made

@Beerjeezus is the smuggest person right now even though she hasn't been proven right

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie's band that plays covers. It's BJA, Mike, Bill Schneider and I forgot who on drums.

Chris Dugan.  And can't forget Jason White.

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Oh well...maybe the plans just changed :P

Which probably explains Mike’s “Oakland sup” Instagram story

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

@Beerjeezus is the smuggest person right now even though she hasn't been proven right

Fair enough, let's just wait till Monday. Then you'll probably have to admit I was right.

Just now, Montclare said:

Chris Dugan.  And can't forget Jason White.

Thanks. Shame on me for forgeting them.

4 minutes ago, petros said:

Some mod should warn beerjesus for these bitchy comments :) 

*jeezus

Obviously things are starting to happen in the world of Green Day now! The Longshot shows, the CoverUps announcement today. I wonder how much longer it will be before the Green Day announcement

So I've just given verbal warning points to @Christian's Inferno! @Beerjeezus and @petros for continuing with snide comments and bickering in this thread. Everyone just stop

Also...

56 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

In all seriousness, we can't be sure that this is what Matt has been refering to.

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Obviously things are starting to happen in the world of Green Day now! The Longshot shows, the CoverUps announcement today. I wonder how much longer it will be before the Green Day announcement

Yeah it's building up towards something. My guess is a GD announcement after the run of Longshot shows.

All this cockteasing for a coverups show we've clearly peaked as a community lmao

I feel like all of these Longshot/Coverup shows are partly for fun but mostly have a purpose in prepping for the rollout of the album and increasing visibility. So to me it’s exciting. I’m really curious to hear how Billie’s voice sounds after a long rest. 

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Another thought about GD's promotion of the new album: it'll be interesting to see how the official GD Instagram and Twitter and the official website are used now that the band are under new management. 

I've seen plenty of people criticise Crush  over the years, most notably ARtv on Youtube, for how they handle artist's social media accounts and I can honestly see where the critics are coming from. 

Twitter accounts such as Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco's are managed by Crush and they can be so annoying, blatently trying to fit in with the demographic of their fans and overusing emojis, bombarding people with links to merch and retweeting more posts in an hour than I have in mylifetime.

Also Fall Out Boy are being taken to court over their use of a toy lama thing during promotion for their most recent album and Crush will most certainly have had something to do with that, so hopefully they don't mess up like that with Green Day. 

47 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah it's building up towards something. My guess is a GD announcement after the run of Longshot shows.

Which lines up with @Matt.‘s comment about Green Day being the focus of the summer!!!

2 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I've seen plenty of people criticise Crush  over the years, most notably ARtv on Youtube, for how they handle artist's social media accounts and I can honestly see where the critics are coming from. 

Twitter accounts such as Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco's are managed by Crush and they can be so annoying, blatently trying to fit in with the demographic of their fans and overusing emojis, bombarding people with links to merch and retweeting more posts in an hour than I have in mylifetime.

Also Fall Out Boy are being taken to court over their use of a toy lama ting during promotion for their most recent album and Crush will most certainly have had something to do with that, so hopefully they don't mess up like that with Green Day. 

Didn’t Green Day get sued for the image of Ernie from Sesame Street on the back cover of Dookie?

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I feel like all of these Longshot/Coverup shows are partly for fun but mostly have a purpose in prepping for the rollout of the album and increasing visibility. So to me it’s exciting. I’m really curious to hear how Billie’s voice sounds after a long rest. 

Go check the new Longshot show tread. They jumped on stage at the Golden Bull last night. There are a few videos (sound is not the best quality, fyi)

18 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Go check the new Longshot show tread. They jumped on stage at the Golden Bull last night. There are a few videos (sound is not the best quality, fyi)

Who exactly jumped on stage?🤔

1 minute ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

Who exactly jumped on stage?🤔

The Longshot...

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived