Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

On the contrary. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion

Matt or anyone from the GDA/GDC team has made things up about the band or pretended to know more than they do just to troll or get attention outside April Fool's Day? Not something I recall

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The rumor was started by an alleged "insider". I don't remember anymore if we're supposed to expect an announcement or a single...it's the mysterious "something" that will "definitely happen"

How can you know if it's made up or not or if plans changed and not that nothing would happen because nothing was planned in the first place? I get you want to believe it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to.

Man, you must be a real treat in real life.

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Matt or anyone from the GDA/GDC team has made things up about the band or pretended to know more than they do just to troll or get attention outside April Fool's Day? Not something I recall

How can we be sure? Maybe just "plans changed". I don't think a bit of trolling would be that out of character, though.

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Man, you must be a real treat in real life.

I'm sure gdc has insiders that can confirm that.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't think a bit of trolling would be that out of character though.

Because you know my character? You’re pretty sure of yourself about some strangers on the internet.

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

How can we be sure? Maybe just "plans changed". I don't think a bit of trolling would be that out of character, though.

I'm sure gdc has insiders that can confirm that.

Because I'm on the GDA/GDC team and I'm telling you? For Matt?? It would be lol

Again I know I have a different pov but the idea GDA team would troll like that or that it has "alleged" insiders is just something that I know to be incorrect. I don't know where you got that impression.

Just now, Matt. said:

Because you know my character? You’re pretty sure of yourself about some strangers on the internet.

Yeah, I have enough experience on GDC and internet to know that I can't trust everything strangers say plus yeah, if there's someone I'd expect a little trolling from, GDC staff might be on the list :P

Being skeptical sure gets you a lot of backlash round here. So what if someone doesn't believe a piece of non-info? We'll find out either way soon what's actually happening.

32 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

There'll be an announcement today at 5pm PT. If nothing happens then obviously the plan changed. 

Are you serious?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Are you serious?

Are you serious??

Imagine how much more fun this thread would be if beerjesus and dejenn didn't post :( 

Just now, petros said:

Imagine how much more fun this thread would be if beerjesus and dejenn didn't post :( 

Ever the edgelord petros

8 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Being skeptical sure gets you a lot of backlash round here. So what if someone doesn't believe a piece of non-info? We'll find out either way soon what's actually happening.

There's a difference between being skeptical and straight up calling people liars/accusing them of making it up though. It's obnoxious to reply to people asking about what info was given that way and all it's doing is creating a negative atmosphere in the thread. If you're not interested in hearing advance hints that's fine, doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to spoil it for everyone else. You accuse GDA/GDC and a member of its team of being untrustworthy and mean spirited based on nothing in a GDC thread and people who know you're wrong have something to say, shocker.  

All treating people as overly suspiciously as this will do is mean when people do genuinely have information they'll be less likely to give little hints that they can that people enjoy, if they're only going to get a negative reaction and slaughtered if they end up being wrong through no fault of their own. Actual trolls/attention whores won't care and will carry on anyway so it's pointless.

Can we have no more personal insults and shade being thrown around please? If there's nothing on topic or that hasn't already been said 100 times to post just don't post until there is

4 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Ever the edgelord petros

Nowhere near the edge levels of you and your friend not trusting a trustworthy source. You totally beat me this time. 

@Hermione Did you get your 30K posts on this thread trying to resonate people? 😂
Seriously this thread is going nowhere near anticipation right now.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

There's a difference between being skeptical and straight up calling people liars/accusing them of making it up though. It's obnoxious to reply to people asking about what info was given that way and all it's doing is creating a negative atmosphere in the thread. If you're not interested in hearing advance hints that's fine, doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to spoil it for everyone else. You accuse GDA/GDC and a member of its team of being untrustworthy and mean spirited based on nothing in a GDC thread and people who know you're wrong have something to say, shocker.  

All treating people as overly suspiciously as this will do is mean when people do genuinely have information they'll be less likely to give little hints that they can that people enjoy, if they're only going to get a negative reaction and slaughtered if they end up being wrong through no fault of their own. Actual trolls/attention whores won't care and will carry on anyway so it's pointless.

Who's doing that though? All Jana was saying is that she doesn't believe everything she reads (and on the internet, why should she, lol).

We haven't been given any info, that's literally the reason I reply with that. I was interested in the thread because of the possible clues we could gather from the band through instagram posts, website activity, that kind of thing. I'm not interested in "something is happening" posts from anyone, not even someone I'm told is trustworthy. I think it derails the conversation because then every single person who posts afterwards refers back to it, like 'well he said this so it can't be that' or 'well that's not what he said'. I don't see our questioning of it any more disruptive than that.

If me saying I hate vague information riles people up, they can just ignore it. It's people trying to convince us we should believe that's the problem imo. 

The thread's called anticipation thread, and for me that's having fun guessing tracks and dates and stuff based on stuff from the band and our own predictions, not pestering users for "info" which might turn out to be incorrect anyway (due to changing plans or whatever it is.) 

I don't think it's overtly suspicious to not blindly believe stuff that posted on a forum or that pointing out that the stuff posted online may not be correct is creating negative atmosphere. But we don't have to argue about that at all. This thread will go on no matter what we believe and we'll know what happens or doesn't happen in two days anyway. Last thing that will have an impact is if we're all persuaded or not.

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

@Hermione Did you get your 30K posts on this thread trying to resonate people? 😂
Seriously this thread is going nowhere near anticipation right now.

Oh my god :lol:. I really have way more posts than that but they kept getting deleted by forum updates etc right before I got to 30k. Even though it's not an accurate number yay for me :banana: 

4 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Who's doing that though? All Jana was saying is that she doesn't believe everything she reads (and on the internet, why should she, lol).

We haven't been given any info, that's literally the reason I reply with that. I was interested in the thread because of the possible clues we could gather from the band through instagram posts, website activity, that kind of thing. I'm not interested in "something is happening" posts from anyone, not even someone I'm told is trustworthy. I think it derails the conversation because then every single person who posts afterwards refers back to it, like 'well he said this so it can't be that' or 'well that's not what he said'. I don't see our questioning of it any more disruptive than that.

If me saying I hate vague information riles people up, they can just ignore it. It's people trying to convince us we should believe that's the problem imo. 

The thread's called anticipation thread, and for me that's having fun guessing tracks and dates and stuff based on stuff from the band and our own predictions, not pestering users for "info" which might turn out to be incorrect anyway (due to changing plans or whatever it is.) 

It's just the implication that Matt would make it up. I know he isn't/wouldn't so it's just annoying to see that suggestion being posted repeatedly. 

Just now, Hermione said:

It's just the implication that Matt would make it up. I know he isn't/wouldn't so it's just annoying to see that suggestion being posted repeatedly. 

I think it just comes with the package. Gotta be prepared to deal with people not believing you if you drop a "something is happening this week" post. I don't think anyone is obliged to believe it, is all. 

@Matt. better be right because listening to beerjeezus spout "told you" rhetoric might make me leave the forum.

Even if he somehow wasn't right it would still be a fact that he didn't just make it up to troll so any "I told you so" would still be wrong.

Who else feels like they dm each other on what they will post? :lol: And then go like "lol yeah girl, you told them!" 

Just now, DookieLukie said:

@Matt. better be right because listening to beerjeezus spout "told you" rhetoric might make me leave the forum.

If only she had any sense of humor to make the ironic comments a little bit more funnier though I wouldn't mind. Now she really replied to matt's "you must be a treat in real life" with "I'm sure gdc has insiders that can confirm that". Like come on. That's not even a 5/10.

Well it’s finally Friday, I wonder if we’ll get an announcement today. Although the Longshot announced last night that a show was being moved from the Moroccan Lounge to the Taragram Ballroom

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Even if he somehow wasn't right it would still be a fact that he didn't just make it up to troll so any "I told you so" would still be wrong.

That doesn’t matter, They will still say it 

What a fun, happy place this has turned into. I feel like I'm in Disney World. 

WHY is this endless discussion allowed in this thread? Can't the people involved keep it up in private messages instead? 

On topic and for the love of god please keep it that way: the previous posts about the Trilogy and how great the build up to that was made me really excited. It's that kind of thing I wish they'll do this time around too. I have high hopes of it happening too since they're on Crush now. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived