Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

6 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Hating or disliking the trilogy doesn't label someone as a dipshit or boring it just simply means that they have a different opinion than you or enjoy something different. It's also very common to have a mixed response to an experimental effort. 

True. Going after people for liking it and ruining any attempt at discussion/appreciation of it by just repeatedly saying it sucks is annoying though. Haven't actually seen that happen on here for a while but it used to. That could be the definition of "hating on it" rather than just not liking it.

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why?

Well I would guess anyone who guessed wrong (and liked the idea of their guess) could feel disappointed :P 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we can probably count Tre out at being any of these shows his wife posted she’s having surgery in the morning 

22 minutes ago, Todd said:

I think some of you will be slightly disappointed :lol: 

This makes me a little bit sad. 😪😝

I very, very much doubt this news has anything to do with a new album or single. It could be Green Day related, but I really doubt its to do with the album in any way. I personally think we wont hear anything on that subject for at LEAST another month. 

5 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Hating on the Trilogy is a habit of complete dipshits and boring people. 

I believe you're quite a dipshit yourself. 

its a shame that we got hyped for some very likely useless announcement  

1 hour ago, petros said:

I believe you're quite a dipshit yourself. 

Bit of a difference between a general comment like that and saying it to someone personally. Can everyone attempt to be civil to each other in this thread please

its a shame that we got hyped for some very likely useless announcement  

Okay then. Anyone who says that whoever doesn't like trilogy is a dipshit, is a dipshit. 

You're all dipshits for continuing your bickering in this thread. It's getting really old going in this thread with 20+ replies to read only to find out it's the same few people just bitching at each other. 

Can we all just concentrate and get happy together with the possible upcoming announcement!

If this announcement, however big or small, is coming in the remaining three days of this week, I think it will be on e of the following...

- Longshot single

- more Longshot shows, possibly overseas. 

- Green Day shows

- Something new from Green Day that isn't new studio album related, like a live album, some sort of Dookie / American Idiot anniversary celebration or even a Shenanigans 2.

- something completely different, like news on the AI film.

Those are the only things I'm considering anyway but who knows. To be honest I'm not overly fussed what it is, it's just nice to know it is going to be an exciting rest of year.

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With Mike’s Oakland post, I’m now wondering where Tre is and if they are planning some sort of onstage surprise and playing a new song. It would be like the kind of thing they used to do fans would go nuts.  It would also be the first time Mike and Tre would appear to be supporting the Longshot (or even acknowledging its existence).

Tre is at Sara's bedside, as she is in hospital, no doubt you know this now as you posted 11 hours ago!

I must have missed the post. Did someone confirm there would be an announcement this week? 

1 minute ago, michael1989 said:

I must have missed the post. Did someone confirm there would be an announcement this week? 

No, it wasn't confirmed at all. Quite possibly it's made up.

Ok but did someone suggest there may be an announcement this week? Or is this the rumoured single by somebody this week?

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

No, it wasn't confirmed at all. Quite possibly it's made up.

It' not made up, stop taking Matt's info as a troll thing, it is not nice...

Plans can chance and will be a bummer to all, including him if we don't get anything this week... At least we have a show tonight

8 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

Ok but did someone suggest there may be an announcement this week? Or is this the rumoured single by somebody this week?

The rumor was started by an alleged "insider". I don't remember anymore if we're supposed to expect an announcement or a single...it's the mysterious "something" that will "definitely happen"

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

It' not made up, stop taking Matt's info as a troll thing, it is not nice...

Plans can chance and will be a bummer to all, including him if we don't get anything this week... At least we have a show tonight

How can you know if it's made up or not or if plans changed and not that nothing would happen because nothing was planned in the first place? I get you want to believe it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to.

There'll be an announcement today at 5pm PT. If nothing happens then obviously the plan changed. 

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The rumor was started by an alleged "insider". I don't remember anymore if we're supposed to expect an announcement or a single...it's the mysterious "something" that will "definitely happen"

How can you know if it's made up or not or if plans changed and not that nothing would happen because nothing was planned in the first place? I get you want to believe it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to.

I agree with not relying on info 100% from anyone because of the fact that the band's plans can change etc. But idk why anyone would have enough suspicion/contempt for Matt/GDA staff to think he'd make it up. Just doesn't make sense to be as cynical as that based on past events/evidence.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Just doesn't make sense to be as cynical as that based on past events/evidence.

On the contrary. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived