Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike just posted “Oakland sup?” in his story and it got me thinking if he’s planning on attending his first ever Longshot show or...

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

Please don’t let this post land in a magazine quoting me, it’s an educated guess.

Sincere apologies to you and @neverdone2000. Not in the best place mentally - didn't mean to lash at you both. 

In relation to this quote, Matt's posts were taken as gospel by some fan pages and social media users so might be a risk of those words being quoted.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mike just posted “Oakland sup?” in his story and it got me thinking if he’s planning on attending his first ever Longshot show or...

I was wondering the same thing.

1 hour ago, Daddy. said:

Sincere apologies to you and @neverdone2000. Not in the best place mentally - didn't mean to lash at you both. 

In relation to this quote, Matt's posts were taken as gospel by some fan pages and social media users so might be a risk of those words being quoted.

Absolutely. An apology says a lot about a person in a good way.

Uno, Dos, Tré was announced in April of 2012 (Video released April 11)

Oh Love wasn't released until July 16 and Uno was released on September 21, after the release of all three singles from the album.

I know that was different because that was 3 albums, a massive project. But there could be a big gap from the initial announcement of the next album and the release date of the singles/album. And we don't know how big of a project this upcoming release will be. Will it be like RevRad? Will it be a bigger project?

It's very possible for the album or single to be released late summer or Autumn but have an announcement very soon

Not trying to be a jerk, but Uno was September 25.

Also the thing with Oh Love and the trilogy is that a lot of it we had already heard from live shows so it wasn’t as anticipated as RevRad was, or this upcoming album. 

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

tUL1cmb.png

FYI, for the people hoping for a summer album, in their entire discography, going back to 39, they have never released a summer album.

Single towards the end of there is a fall album and that’s my guess.

I thought it came out a day or two after Billie started his rehab which was Sept 23 right? I didn’t think it was released the same day as iHeart.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought it came out a day or two after Billie started his rehab which was Sept 23 right? I didn’t think it was released the same day as iHeart.

Looking at release dates it appears that Uno was released in some countries on the 21st and the 25th in the US so I guess it’s just depends if you count worldwide release or just region release 

13 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

This was back before the new global release day. 21st in some places like Australia and UK, while 25th other places such as in the US.

27 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

15 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Apologies to all, especially @Christian's Inferno!. I was going by the US date.

3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Apologies to all, especially @Christian's Inferno!. I was going by the US date.

No need for apologies in a way you weren’t wrong 

3 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

What if they’ve announced these shows as longshot and then surprise, you get there and it’s green day 

Or maybe they open the show with a couple Longshot songs, then Billie says something like, “For this next song, Jeff and I brought a couple friends!” The other Longshot members leave, and SURPRISE, here comes, Mike, Tré, Jason White, and Jason Freese!!!! And let’s say 4Chan was correct, they play the new Green Day single, Peace!!!!

21 minutes ago, Matt. said:

This was back before the new global release day. 21st in some places like Australia and UK, while 25th other places such as in the US.

In 2004, the American Idiot single was released on August 20, then the album came out September 21

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or maybe they open the show with a couple Longshot songs, then Billie says something like, “For this next song, Jeff and I brought a couple friends!” The other Longshot members leave, and SURPRISE, here comes, Mike, Tré, Jason White, and Jason Freese!!!! And let’s say 4Chan was correct, they play the new Green Day single, Peace!!!!

:S

Hopefully whatever happens is new and exciting. I know people hate on the Trilogy but the whole process before rehab was really exciting as a fan. Secret shows. YouTube clips. A slew of singles and promotions. RevRad was very low-key and I'm hoping for a more engaging release procedure.

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

:S

dd0.png

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's what i imagined that emoji to be IRL I'm sorry :lol:

12 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Personally I’d love a sequel to Money Money 2020.

Oh, that would be amazing!  

If they aren't going to do more albums as The Network, I wouldn't mind them incorporating that sound into Green Day.  Not all the time, but a song or two would be cool.  Christian's Inferno was sort of them doing that on Breakdown and it worked well.  

and 2020 is around the corner!   

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Hopefully whatever happens is new and exciting. I know people hate on the Trilogy but the whole process before rehab was really exciting as a fan. Secret shows. YouTube clips. A slew of singles and promotions. RevRad was very low-key and I'm hoping for a more engaging release procedure.

As a notorious trilogy "disliker" I will certainly give you that one haha 

I especially loved the "making off" clip snippets and the pro-shot footage from Irving Plaza (NYC) that they uploaded to YouTube!

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah just a few days before iHeart, they appeared on GMA. I wonder how popular the Trilogy would’ve been without rehab and proper promotion. Hints of it were still there, a successful 99 Revolutions tour, and fans mobbed the stage at the VMAs in the middle of Let Yourself Go!!!

Before it came out, Trilogy was super exciting with all the studio footage, secret shows, live videos (which were amazing. Totally agree about Irving Plaza.) But when I listened to Uno for the first time, I was underwhelmed. I listened to a leak that showed up about a week before iHeart, so I'm sure that didn't taint my excitement over the album. The record just isn't that great. I like the songs and I was hyped from the shitty recordings we had from shows, but the album didn't live up to it.

People say RevRad is better than the trilogy and while I agree it's better than each individual album from the trilogy and is more consistent in its quality, I'd definitely take the trilogy over RevRad. Just taking the best 12 songs from the trilogy and comparing them to RevRad, I'd say the best 12 trilogy songs are definitely better, but there's also a lot to enjoy from most of the other trilogy tracks too imo.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived