Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, while we wait for something to (not) happen, the new Dead Sound (Bill Schneider’s band) record sounds really good, you should check it out. *Off topic but not as much as the astronomical summer discussion*

2 hours ago, Alf said:

I'm betting on a Longshot EP too

25 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Nope

So it’s a Green Day announcement?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

So it’s a Green Day announcement?

You jump too far to wrong conclusions.

9 minutes ago, Matt. said:

You jump too far to wrong conclusions.

Guess I’m a little too hyped up for new Green Day LOL I’m sorry

An album of re-recordings of trilogy songs but under The Longshot name. 

Man they need to just go ahead and announce it 

and since someone dm’ed me to bitch me out about trying to deceive people about a new song I’ll publicly say I apologize wasn’t my intention it didn’t sound like the version on LIFL so I thought it was a demo of a new song my mistake 

We will know the announcement in 3 days the LATEST.

Well now it sounds like it’s not GD anyway so I’m starting to care a little less. 

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well now it sounds like it’s not GD anyway so I’m starting to care a little less. 

Well @Matt. did say Green Day is the focus of the summer so maybe we’ll get an announcement after the Longshot shows

i kinda dont care what it is at this point. im having fun watching matt take the piss outta of all the wrong guesses.

Was listening to The Longshot earlier, and I firmly believe that the song Love Is For Losers is one of the best Billie has ever written. Would love to see the new album have some songs that go in that direction.

11 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Was listening to The Longshot earlier, and I firmly believe that the song Love Is For Losers is one of the best Billie has ever written. Would love to see the new album have some songs that go in that direction.

Maybe it was a Green Day throwaway song that he decided to use for the Longshot. If a throwaway song is that good, imagine how the Green Day album is going to sound!!!

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe it was a Green Day throwaway song that he decided to use for the Longshot. If a throwaway song is that good, imagine how the Green Day album is going to sound!!!

@LaughingClock said once that the Longshot songs had a specific purpose or meaning that would come out later on. I don't think they are Green Day throwaways because they are some of the best songs Billie has made since the FHT record.

Shit even if this announcement has nothing to do with Green Day, it's a nice feeling knowing that before the end of the year, hell before the next 6 months well probably have new music by them

I get the excitement and all
But can we really stop spamming and begging Matt for more info as soon as he says something?

I get it. Many of us are excited - I am too. However, directly or indirectly asking him is not gonna change anything really. We still won't know what will be happening. 

Regardless - I am glad to have finally caught up on all 94 pages, and I'm glad we know something is coming. Cool.

4 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

LIFL > RevRad don’t @ me

Been saying that 

12 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

I get the excitement and all
But can we really stop spamming and begging Matt for more info as soon as he says something?

I get it. Many of us are excited - I am too. However, directly or indirectly asking him is not gonna change anything really. We still won't know what will be happening. 

Regardless - I am glad to have finally caught up on all 94 pages, and I'm glad we know something is coming. Cool.

For all we know, maybe Matt has been told by the band to not give any more hints

I like The Longshot very much. But I‘m hoping that this will be a Green Day announcement!

LIFL has lower highs and higher lows. The worst songs on LIFL arnt all that much worse from the better songs imo, but the best songs are nowhere the levels of Revarad's. I think LIFL might be just a little more consistent, but I think RevRad is overall a better listen.

4 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

LIFL has lower highs and higher lows. The worst songs on LIFL arnt all that much worse from the better songs imo, but the best songs are nowhere the levels of Revarad's. I think LIFL might be just a little more consistent, but I think RevRad is overall a better listen.

Totally Agree!

Is it that Billie and Kevin are going to use more tongue when they make out during shows? 🙏🏻

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived