Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

13 minutes ago, petros said:

I never complained about anyone being narrow minded. 

Err, I’ve had conversations with you where you’ve complained blink fans are too stuck in the past and can’t hear how good the new material is, and I’ve seen you complain about rock fan’s narrow-mindedness towards rap…

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

they dont sound the same.. best example "the last time" "give it all to you" keeps me satisfied" "cult hero" "taxi driver" 

Went and listened to the songs you listed with an open mind ready to find out why everyone is rioting against me but when I said longshot are very close to his comfort zone musicaly and lyrically everyone agreed.

the last time - warning era green day, the bridge is straight out of any trilogy song

give it all to you - i hadn't listened that song. it has some beatles-john lenno solo stuff feel to me i give you that one

keeps me satisfied - hadn't listened to that ether. I had only listened to the album seems like these ep songs are most iteresting. But still ths one sounds like warning green day to me

cult hero - definately a dos song. which means kinda foxboro vibe but not as good. still counts as green day

taxi driver - another song that sounds like it could be on uno

I went on and shuffled uno after those songs and I get the same exact vibes(apart from the second one). They just lack Mike's great bass lines. You had me listening to Angel Blue at 12 in the morning dude. I didn't wish for my day to take such an ugly turn.

14 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Err, I’ve had conversations with you where you’ve complained blink fans are too stuck in the past and can’t hear how good the new material is, and I’ve seen you complain about rock fan’s narrow-mindedness towards rap…

If you go to the rap thread I literally complained yesterday or the day before that stupid rap fans like an album just because it has instruments and they have never listened to rock or jazz music in their life. I just whine about everything, my life is miserable don't blame me.

In all seriousness though I never thought my music taste is "superior" or whatever. I don't consider myself as someone that knows music, I've never played an instrument. I do believe blink fans are stupid for saying "this isn't blink" because tom got himself kicked out of the band and the fact that the new single is not pop punk since they released a pop punk album and they hated that too. I understand not liking the new song but not saying this doesn't sound like blink. Untitled didn't sound like blink and it's their masterpiece.

12 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

if youre unable to pick up on subtle nuances between sounds and bands, its ok. but dont look to youtube comment sections for knowledge or credibility. study the music. dont just take it at face value.

Not everyone looks into it as deeply as you or I do. Which is ok, not everyone has to approach music with as much deep thought and studying you can throw at it, although you certainly can...

*points at thread vigorously*

It’s probably just in human nature. 

I’m sure there were cavemen music critics picking apart the different clickity-clacky of the cavemen musician’s clubs against the cave wall amongst the other ones just happy to be there hearing something besides their loved ones being mauled by predators.

**take that last bit with a light hearted grain of salt.**

19 minutes ago, petros said:

If you go to the rap thread I literally complained yesterday or the day before that stupid rap fans like an album just because it has instruments and they have never listened to rock or jazz music in their life. I just whine about everything, my life is miserable don't blame me.

In all seriousness though I never thought my music taste is "superior" or whatever. I don't consider myself as someone that knows music, I've never played an instrument. I do believe blink fans are stupid for saying "this isn't blink" because tom got himself kicked out of the band and the fact that the new single is not pop punk since they released a pop punk album and they hated that too. I understand not liking the new song but not saying this doesn't sound like blink. Untitled didn't sound like blink and it's their masterpiece.

Yeah, so you’ve complained about narrow mindedness and then been narrow minded.

Anyway, if this single ends up just being the collab with Jesse Malin I’m going to be so disappointed 

52 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

OH, its stated in a youtube comment section, so it MUST be true. absolute gospel. 

thats silly.

if youre unable to pick up on subtle nuances between sounds and bands, its ok. but dont look to youtube comment sections for knowledge or credibility. study the music. dont just take it at face value. 

29 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Not everyone looks into it as deeply as you or I do. Which is ok, not everyone has to approach music with as much deep thought and studying you can throw at it, although you certainly can...

*points at thread vigorously*

It’s probably just in human nature. 

I’m sure there were cavemen music critics picking apart the different clickity-clacky of the cavemen musician’s clubs against the cave wall amongst the other ones just happy to be there hearing something besides their loved ones being mauled by predators.

**take that last bit with a light hearted grain of salt.**

Now @Joe. that's some excellent complaining about people not being as deep as you and not understanding music like you do :lol:

I'm sorry guys it's the same three power chords and voice filters he's used his whole career. You're not listening nor studying Mozart don't be so full of yourselves. At the end of the day Longshot is super close to what Billie has been doing his whole career and that's a fact it's not about opinions. Obviously it's not the same. But to say it's a completely different sound and something he hasn't done with green day is a laughable reach. 

7 minutes ago, petros said:

Now @Joe. that's some excellent complaining about people not being as deep as you and not understanding music like you do :lol:

I'm sorry guys it's the same three power chords and voice filters he's used his whole career. You're not listening nor studying Mozart don't be so full of yourselves. At the end of the day Longshot is super close to what Billie has been doing his whole career and that's a fact it's not about opinions. Obviously it's not the same. But to say it's a completely different sound and something he hasn't done with green day is a laughable reach. 

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, I’m saying it’s hypocritical for you to moan about others being narrow minded and then doing it yourself.

Ill just leave it there’s no point going further off topic

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, I’m saying it’s hypocritical for you to moan about others being narrow minded and then doing it yourself.

But I never said anyone was narrow minded. I elaborated on the blink thing and on the rap thing I mentioned too. What I said was never "my music taste is superior I know music better than others, they just don't study the music like I do". Again I never moaned about anyone being narrow minded. 

I agree The Longshot has a lot of similarities to Green Day (same dude writing and singing the songs so duh), although I think it has its own thing going on that sets it apart a bit too. But Pinhead Gunpowder??? The songs are written by Aaron and are totally Aaron style, Billie's just in the band singing (some of them) and playing guitar. He's only written like two PHGP songs.

Also Billie's always played in other bands/done other projects alongside Green Day. I don't think there's some big change going on. They don't have to sound hugely different to Green Day to be a "different" outlet for him, there's more that makes the projects different than just the sound. I think primarily they're a low pressure fun thing to do without the expectations and whole huge machine of promotion and touring etc that come with making a Green Day album.

I know some of this does relate to speculating about the new album but can we try to make sure that whatever's posted does have some relation to that please, we have to stay on topic

So you mean to tell me that if you take a song like 2nd street and put it in keprlunk it sounds out of place? Come on. It's the same type of pop-punk or whatever you wanna call it. And billie doesn't even sing in this one.

Just now, petros said:

So you mean to tell me that if you take a song like 2nd street and put it in keprlunk it sounds out of place? Come on. It's the same type of pop-punk or whatever you wanna call it. And billie doesn't even sing in this one.

2nd Street was written and sung by Jason White. It does have a similar pop punk sound from the same area yeah, but it's still different to Green Day.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

2nd Street was written and sung by Jason White. It does have a similar pop punk sound from the same area yeah, but it's still different to Green Day.

American idiot is different to christie road. That doesn't mean it's not green day. 2nd street would be in kerplunk and it would sound like another song of that album. Same goes with most of the other songs people said I should listen which I elaborated before but nobody wanted to comment on that.

Again all I'm saying is longshot mainly and pinhead to some extend sound a lot like green day. Why's everyone so hurt for that? Wasn't that always obvious?

1 hour ago, petros said:

Haha litteraly the top comments on Longshot songs on YouTube is people saying how they sound exactly like green day. It's the same power cords, vocal filters, typical Billie joe lyrics. I can't understand how you fail to see that. 

2 minutes ago, petros said:

American idiot is different to christie road. That doesn't mean it's not green day. 2nd street would be in kerplunk and it would sound like another song of that album. Same goes with most of the other songs people said I should listen which I elaborated before but nobody wanted to comment on that.

Again all I'm saying is longshot mainly and pinhead to some extend sound a lot like green day. Why's everyone so hurt for that? Wasn't that always obvious?

Make your mind up, I’m sure they’ll only sound ‘similar’ in a page or twos time.

I don’t think people are “hurt” by what you’re saying, I think everyone agrees they sound quite similar as they’ve all got Billie involved. All were saying is they don’t sound identical, which is what you were originally arguing

4 minutes ago, petros said:

They're just a different band and Billie's role in the band is different. It doesn't even matter if the songs do sound the same (although, does this sound like Green Day to you?) because he didn't write them. In PHGP he sings someone else's songs and plays guitar, and is less of a "frontman", a different experience from Green Day.

What's your point, he shouldn't do these side projects? There's more value to gain from playing in them (eg much less pressure compared to Green Day) than just sound experimentation.

16 minutes ago, petros said:

Well yeah. Jason singing a song on Kerplunk? Out of place.

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Make your mind up, I’m sure they’ll only sound ‘similar’ in a page or twos time.

I don’t think people are “hurt” by what you’re saying, I think everyone agrees they sound quite similar as they’ve all got Billie involved. All were saying is they don’t sound identical, which is what you were originally arguing

Oh my god so that's the problem? Okay then they don't sound exactly the same they sound very much alike I was exaggerating to make a point I thought it was obvious. 

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

Well yeah. Jason singing a song on Kerplunk? Out of place.

Come on dude you know I mean sound wise.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

They're just a different band and Billie's role in the band is different. It doesn't even matter if the songs do sound the same (although, does this sound like Green Day to you?) because he didn't write them. In PHGP he sings someone else's songs and plays guitar, and is less of a "frontman", a different experience from Green Day.

What's your point, he shouldn't do these side projects? There's more value to gain from playing in them (eg much less pressure compared to Green Day) than just sound experimentation.

Well yeah Billie's role is completely different I totally agree. All I'm saying is that most songs coming out of these side projects end up sounding a lot like green day that's all. Yeah that song of course doesn't sound like green day.

No I have no issue with Billie doing it. Music is in his blood and he must do it all the time to get it out of his system apparently you were right to point out on another conversation we had that was the case during working on 21st too. And out of those side projects we got foxboro and network which I love. Also it's completely understandable how they couldn't release a garage rock album as a follow up to american idiot so they had to do it under foxboro so that's why they keep doing those side projects. I don't have any problem with Billie doing them nor with them sounding like green day.

I’m guessing we’ll get whatever info we’ve been told we’re getting on Friday(that’s my personal guess, not facts). If we can keep this thread going without somebody losing an eyeball until then, we’ll be ok. 

I'm looking at the whole, not the individual parts. Of course they sound similar; they have band members in common and are punk bands based in the East Bay. And I totally disagree with the comparison of The Last Time to anything on Warning. That song has a very 50s vibe to it, and I can't think of a single track on Warning that sounds anything like it.

5 minutes ago, petros said:

Oh my god so that's the problem? Okay then they don't sound exactly the same they sound very much alike I was exaggerating to make a point I thought it was obvious. 

Come on dude you know I mean sound wise.

Well yeah Billie's role is completely different I totally agree. All I'm saying is that most songs coming out of these side projects end up sounding a lot like green day that's all. Yeah that song of course doesn't sound like green day.

No I have no issue with Billie doing it. Music is in his blood and he must do it all the time to get it out of his system apparently you were right to point out on another conversation we had that was the case during working on 21st too. And out of those side projects we got foxboro and network which I love. Also it's completely understandable how they couldn't release a garage rock album as a follow up to american idiot so they had to do it under foxboro so that's why they keep doing those side projects. I don't have any problem with Billie doing them nor with them sounding like green day.

I don't really get what your point is, just exaggerated and complained when people have suggested they only sound similar?

10 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I’m guessing we’ll get whatever info we’ve been told we’re getting on Friday(that’s my personal guess, not facts). If we can keep this thread going without somebody losing an eyeball until then, we’ll be ok. 

I think we will get some info tomorrow. But lets see.

8 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I don't really get what your point is, just exaggerated and complained when people have suggested they only sound similar?

Again not what happened. People said they sound nothing like green day and maybe I was deaf or on crack for saying so. 

God I miss the debate about when summer starts 

9 minutes ago, petros said:

Again not what happened. People said they sound nothing like green day and maybe I was deaf or on crack for saying so. 

Yeah which is obviously a ridiculous thing to say, but you're literally quoted as saying those side projects sound "exactly like Green Day" so that is what happened.

Just now, Joe. said:

Yeah which is obviously a ridiculous thing to say, but you're literally quoted as saying those side projects sound "exactly like Green Day" so that is what happened.

So we both exagerrated to prove a point. But my point was easily closer to the truth since they do sound very similar as we can all finally agree. 

So I win. What do I get? 

So ummm... new album speculation...🤷‍♂️

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived