Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I think within the last few days the Songs for Assholes account has been posted to as it has gone from 68 to 69 posts (I looked at old screenshots on Instagram and it was definitely 68 posts), it was on 68 for quite some time. I wonder what was posted? 🤔

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Agreed....its now June so where's that new single 😀

Hopefully we get some news any day now!!

35 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I think within the last few days the Songs for Assholes account has been posted to as it has gone from 68 to 69 posts (I looked at old screenshots on Instagram and it was definitely 68 posts), it was on 68 for quite some time. I wonder what was posted? 🤔

Either: 

1. Throwing a massive tantrum, because their elaborate cover has been well and truly blown by a few GDC masterminds and 4chan geniuses

2. Laughing their royal GD ass off looking at all the crazy timelines, tourdates, tracklists, album covers etc. that are being drawn up so confidently in this thread :lol:

12 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Either: 

1. Throwing a massive tantrum, because their elaborate cover has been well and truly blown by a few GDC masterminds and 4chan geniuses

2. Laughing their royal GD ass off looking at all the crazy timelines, tourdates, tracklists, album covers etc. that are being drawn up so confidently in this thread :lol:

3. They just wanted to have 69 posts because they are still teenage boys.

34 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

3. They just wanted to have 69 posts because they are still teenage boys.

Beaten by a lousy 33 minutes 😂

2 hours ago, Asik said:

Just heard blinks new song. Its the most generic song ever. I hope gd will not release something poppy to stay relevant.

We can only wish green day release something fresh and good like the new blink song:wub:

54 minutes ago, petros said:

We can only wish green day release something fresh and good like the new blink song:wub:

tenor.gif?itemid=5557678

Now that it’s June 1st, let’s talk about the leaked track list again.

Songs For Assholes

1. Burn It All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (According to the leak, this is the 1st single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

And for anyone who doesn’t like these titles, just remember what happened when the RevRad tracks leaked

There were some comments about how those song titles are cringey, bad etc but personally I'm pretty unbothered with the exception of AvErAgE wOrKiN mAn which I find too cringey to even comprehend. Still don't believe the track list is real either but to each their own. 

1 hour ago, petros said:

I hope this is sarcasm. It's enough that one band from my childhood is trash now.

5 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

There were some comments about how those song titles are cringey, bad etc but personally I'm pretty unbothered with the exception of AvErAgE wOrKiN mAn which I find too cringey to even comprehend. Still don't believe the track list is real either but to each their own. 

As the World Turns sounds promising

3 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

I hope this is sarcasm. It's enough that one band from my childhood is trash now.

Νope love the new track. 

There's nothing to hate on it just people that criticized them for being pop punk in Cali criticize them for not being pop punk now. 

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Now that it’s June 1st, let’s talk about the leaked track list again.

Songs For Assholes

1. Burn It All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (According to the leak, this is the 1st single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

And for anyone who doesn’t like these titles, just remember what happened when the RevRad tracks leaked

Jesus forget about the "leaked" track list :lol:

Remember how angry some of us got when the song titles from Revolution Radio were lyrics from other songs?  What if they continued that this time around as well.  Wouldn't that just send you all rioting into the streets?  Hahaha.  

But seriously - keep the dubious track-lists coming.  If I see even a joke about a Green Day song title, it goes in MY LIST.  

What's so cringe-worthy about Average Workin' Man? Cover or not, does no one remember Working Class Hero?

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What are the tracklists floating around?  That's my favorite part of our speculation on here!  

Another thing!  Remember how angry some of us got when the song titles from Revolution Radio were lyrics from other songs?  What if they continued that this time around as well.  Wouldn't that just send you all rioting into the streets?  Hahaha.  

But seriously - get me some dubious track-lists.  

Antisocial Media= Revolution Radio

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Antisocial Media= Revolution Radio

Yeah, I'm slacking this morning and totally couldn't find any song names until I posted.  

On 5/28/2019 at 11:16 AM, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

You're right. But it's hard not to lose our shit with a song named ''Dollywhoop'' and a cover made on Paint. 😂

upon first seeing the track list, I immediately googled "dollywhoop".  Urban dictionary cleared things up for me in a most vulgar and hilarious way.    

3 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Agreed....its now June so where's that new single 😀

It might not be the single everyone is looking for, but it’s a single nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

We can't properly get back on topic until Matt drops in and does his daily reply to someone's post with something hinting at when an announcement, single or album will come!

Happy? :D 

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

It might not be the single everyone is looking for, but it’s a single nonetheless.

PlasticLavishAsianconstablebutterfly-siz 

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Happy? :D 

🤔 I’ll take a Longshot single if it’s that.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

🤔 I’ll take a Longshot single if it’s that.

Wouldn’t we all? 😞

What if Green Day reboots their career with something like this:

Green Day present American Breakdown

and it's advertised as the debut record of GREEN DAY.  They've started over.  They are a brand new band.  It's was originally going to be a combination of the two concept albums blended into a reboot, but the narrative is the clashing of the two albums into one.  Jimmy, Christian, Gloria and Whatshername go head to head in a battle for the ages!   

Jimmy is finding himself in music, Christian is an OUTLAW and the girls fall for one another.  Everything is turned upside as the world keeps on falling apart around them and you know what?  

You just have to wait and see.  

I'd find it weird to release a Longshot single with a Green Day album in the near future. I wonder why Billie would distract from the new GD album with his side project.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived