Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I'm looking forward to finding out which one has won that's self produced in that category. I'm sure there's been one but the fact no one has put their finger on it as of yet on a Green Day forum shows that it's not a common thing to happen in this category. 

Once again as I mentioned I'm not accusing him of lying I'm just saying that anyone can say whatever on the internet without backing it up. I do really believe him but this thread with all the leaks and stuff and fake insiders... I was taking a shot at this thread more than Tim himself. 

Also, to clarify further I am not saying Rev Rad didn't get the nomination solely due to not having a producer. It is completely irrelevant to the actual songwriting so I agree 100% with you there when you say it didn't get one or didn't win because of the songs. I still stand by atleast Green Day being nominated for "Best Rock Album" I saw you mentioned Liam but he was not a nominee. I was comparing Green Day to actual nominees that were there but it's cool to see other people throwing in albums that also weren't there. 

A producer can be a plus to the promotion and the actual sound of the album. Butch Vig being involved on 21cb got Green Day a lot of buzz at that time. It was a big deal and hence more spotlight on the album. 

To add in, networking helps in any industry. 

@WhiteTim cool thanks for getting that info. So that's more comparable to Green Day. Is that the most recent self produced album to win that category? I'm curious to see how many won or even were nominated throughout GD's career. When I get some time I'll research that. 

Based on the nominees that year, Blink who were nominated for album, and Metallica for best performance, deserved it over RevRad :) I then added albums that imo could've been nominated or even won over it.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt there will be any kind of deliberate info or announcements now, not before the longshot shows anyway 

14 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I'm looking forward to finding out which one has won that's self produced in that category. I'm sure there's been one but the fact no one has put their finger on it as of yet on a Green Day forum shows that it's not a common thing to happen in this category. 

Once again as I mentioned I'm not accusing him of lying I'm just saying that anyone can say whatever on the internet without backing it up. I do really believe him but this thread with all the leaks and stuff and fake insiders... I was taking a shot at this thread more than Tim himself. 

Also, to clarify further I am not saying Rev Rad didn't get the nomination solely due to not having a producer. It is completely irrelevant to the actual songwriting so I agree 100% with you there when you say it didn't get one or didn't win because of the songs. I still stand by atleast Green Day being nominated for "Best Rock Album" I saw you mentioned Liam but he was not a nominee. I was comparing Green Day to actual nominees that were there but it's cool to see other people throwing in albums that also weren't there. 

A producer can be a plus to the promotion and the actual sound of the album. Butch Vig being involved on 21cb got Green Day a lot of buzz at that time. It was a big deal and hence more spotlight on the album. 

To add in, networking helps in any industry. 

@WhiteTim cool thanks for getting that info. So that's more comparable to Green Day. Is that the most recent self produced album to win that category? I'm curious to see how many won or even were nominated throughout GD's career. When I get some time I'll research that. 

To be fair I don’t think a lot of rock bands produce themselves but to be fair I haven’t paid that much attention to rock in 15 or more years I’m more of a R&B/rap person (rap was what I worked in when I was in the industry before retiring all together) so I could be wrong more rock bands could be producing themselves 

And I’ve never made any leaks or any news about GD cause I’ve never met them don’t know them don’t have any source to them so I’m not apart of the insider group lol 

RevRad got fucked due to the release date Warner should’ve released it earlier that way it’d met the cut off date and it’d been fresh on voters minds by the time the next year ballots were due it had slipped out of voters minds as Warner didn’t do anything to refresh peoples minds on it no re release no new singles nada 

10 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

To be fair I don’t think a lot of rock bands produce themselves but to be fair I haven’t paid that much attention to rock in 15 or more years I’m more of a R&B/rap person (rap was what I worked in when I was in the industry before retiring all together) so I could be wrong more rock bands could be producing themselves 

RevRad got fucked due to the release date Warner should’ve released it earlier that way it’d met the cut off date and it’d been fresh on voters minds by the time the next year ballots were due it had slipped out of voters minds as Warner didn’t do anything to refresh peoples minds on it no re release no new singles nada 

I think more independent bands would be doing self producing. It's not a common practice in this genre though especially in the mainstream. 

I agree about the release date as well. It needed to be in the grammy year that matched the album. Rev Rad didn't really carry into the next year the way that American Idiot did or Dookie did. 

For what it's worth I though the band did an alright job self producing it. It was a cool thing for them to try and I am happy they did it. There were some problems with it but like I said they aren't necessarily producers as a job. I believe Billie Joe has done some producing but it's been very limited and on a much smaller scale than Green Day. 

So if the new album is also rumored to be coming in the fall when would be the optimal time assuming early October was a mistake for RevRad awards speaking?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So if the new album is also rumored to be coming in the fall when would be the optimal time assuming early October was a mistake for RevRad awards speaking?

Maybe September? It's fall and still eligible for the year's respective Grammys.

August 30 would be perfect for reasons that have absolutely NOTHING to do with my birthday.

20 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I think more independent bands would be doing self producing. It's not a common practice in this genre though especially in the mainstream. 

I agree about the release date as well. It needed to be in the grammy year that matched the album. Rev Rad didn't really carry into the next year the way that American Idiot did or Dookie did. 

For what it's worth I though the band did an alright job self producing it. It was a cool thing for them to try and I am happy they did it. There were some problems with it but like I said they aren't necessarily producers as a job. I believe Billie Joe has done some producing but it's been very limited and on a much smaller scale than Green Day. 

GD also produced Warning which was for me at least a great album they did a good job on RevRad as well my issue with it was the mixing on some songs I don’t know if the loud quiet stuff was intentional or not but I hate having to adjust volume during songs but I don’t know if that’s just how Andrew Scheps mixes or if that’s how the band intended it to be 

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe September? It's fall and still eligible for the year's respective Grammys.

The 14th would be amazing :ninja: though if album releases are on a Friday typically then I'll take the 13th 

I didn't think albums still had a "typical" release date these days with internet and streaming. It used to be Tuesday's (oh my little teenage heart, miss those years).

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I didn't think albums still had a "typical" release date these days with internet and streaming. It used to be Tuesday's (oh my little teenage heart, miss those years).

Almost all the albums I've been waiting for over the last few years have been on Fridays

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

The 14th would be amazing :ninja: though if album releases are on a Friday typically then I'll take the 13th 

Friday the 13th :wacko:

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

It’s usually an attempt to go #1, (something to do with when that calculation starts) and it’ll technically release like at 11pm the night before on Spotify/Apple Music

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I'm not sure really, but I know 21CB was released on a Friday, and RevRad too. I'll take any day of the week really :lol: 

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Friday the 13th :wacko:

Perfect for a bad album wouldn't you say 

Worth noting that with the exception of 21CB which was released in May, all their albums since Dookie have been released in September or October (Except Dos and Tré obviously, but Uno was released in September)

Anyone know why they always release September/October?

4 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

I'm not sure really, but I know 21CB was released on a Friday, and RevRad too. I'll take any day of the week really :lol: 

Same here, although I buy the digital versions because 1) i don't have a working cd player, b) i don't own a turntable, and 3) I use my ipod/iphone exclusively. 

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Worth noting that with the exception of 21CB which was released in May, all their albums since Dookie have been released in September or October (Except Dos and Tré obviously, but Uno was released in September)

Probably somewhat coincidence, but also somewhat to do with tours/shows wrapping up at the end of the year before and giving them a chance to break and start fresh in the studio - which recording/mixing results in about fall many months

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Releasing in fall looks like an attempt to hit the Christmas market, but September/October seems too early for that, doesn't it.

26 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

We all know that Billie is sleeping in september you newb 🤨

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Same here, although I buy the digital versions because 1) i don't have a working cd player, b) i don't own a turntable, and 3) I use my ipod/iphone exclusively. 

I buy the CD because I'm a nostalgic bitch and also it's handy for the car. I usually end up buying it digitally as well, if I can't be bothered to import the CD to iTunes 😛 

1 minute ago, DeJennsitized said:

I buy the CD because I'm a nostalgic bitch and also it's handy for the car. I usually end up buying it digitally as well, if I can't be bothered to import the CD to iTunes 😛 

That is me! 

Everyone: oh i hope they release the album on this date in august/september because it's my birthday
Me: cries in february

2 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

We all know that Billie is sleeping in september you newb 🤨

Which is why the new album will come October 1st and be called 

&title=Billie%20Joe%20Responds%20to%20Cr 

1 minute ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Everyone: oh i hope they release the album on this date in august/september because it's my birthday
Me: cries in february

Mines June 30. A birthday surprise sure would be nice though I’m not expecting it (can’t make the Longshot shows this time so that’s not my present 😢)

3 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

1 minute ago, Goofygoldfish said:

That is me! 

I would buy the CD (I love album artwork) but since my car doesn't have a working CD player (and my next car probably won't have a cd player in it), digital is best. I do miss actually holding a physical copy and reading the liner notes. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived