Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

9 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

oh fuck have you seen billies post on insta 2min ago?

Why are you doing this?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i said days ago that i am new to trolling and tried it like this.. didnt work haha now i want it to be a running gag or something :D

4 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i said days ago that i am new to trolling and tried it like this.. didnt work haha now i want it to be a running gag or something :D

dude, you're being childish and an attention """"" 

1 minute ago, Asik said:

dude, you're being childish and an attention """"" 

no i am Austrian.. from vienna 

6 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

What is a Billie Eilish

I think it's an avocado.

10 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

No thanks hun

44 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Ok so put together some numbers of how many self produced albums have won a grammy in the category and then we can talk 

I was a voting member of the Grammys from 2006-2017 but please tell me about the organization I was a member of... 

as far as rock I’d have to look but Quincy Jones has won a few Grammys from his self produced albums 

Dr Dre won for The Chronic 

Kanye West for College Dropout 

49 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Bizarre statistic to ask for thats obviously not readily available, and still wouldn't necessarily prove your point. There have been some garbage albums that have had a producer, just as I'm sure there have been some great albums that have been self produced. I agree a producer would probably increase the chances of winning an award, but probably because they generally have a better standard of QC than self produced records. Green Day didn't win a grammy last time out for several reasons, not sure it being self produced was the most important.

I never said it was the main reason though but a contributing factor. Like any industry it can often be about who's involved or who you know.  The stats are readily available it's not like they hide who won previous awards in the category. The majority of winners are on major labels with well known engineers, producers and/or well known session players. 

It's not like you see the Rancids or The Offsprings of the world being celebrated for making huge accomplishments from an independent label. 

I really don't believe there is one main reason but more a complex combination of many things. In general it was a low key album for the band. It did really well from an Alternative Rock radio perspective atleast here in my region. 

15 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I was a voting member of the Grammys from 2006-2017 but please tell me about the organization I was a member of... 

as far as rock I’d have to look but Quincy Jones has won a few Grammys from his self produced albums 

Dr Dre won for The Chronic 

Kanye West for College Dropout 

That's not Green Day's category and not to mention that Dr.Dre and Quincy Jones are huge producers, Green Day are not known as producers and therefore not an accurate comparison. 

Also, anyone can claim they were a voting member. I'm not saying I don't believe you but this is the internet and based on a lot of the "leaks" we've seen you know that anyone can post just about anything.

Either way it's all irrelevant as "glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity". I'm happy with Rev Rad regardless of critical acclaim or prizes that they could or may have won. It would be nice to see the boys be recognized for their efforts though. I think they deserved "Best Rock Album" but also deserved to suffer losses to Blackstar. 

4 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I never said it was the main reason though but a contributing factor. Like any industry it can often be about who's involved or who you know.  The stats are readily available it's not like they hide who won previous awards in the category. The majority of winners are on major labels with well known engineers, producers and/or well known session players. 

It's not like you see the Rancids or The Offsprings of the world being celebrated for making huge accomplishments from an independent label. 

I really don't believe there is one main reason but more a complex combination of many things. In general it was a low key album for the band. It did really well from an Alternative Rock radio perspective atleast here in my region. 

And the majority of people on those major labels are making the best music so win the awards. Whilst the producer makes a difference, RevRad wouldn't have won a grammy regardless of who's name you put in the producer slot because the album wasn't good enough to get one. The influence of a producer may have got RevRad to a grammy-winning state, but a producers name alone won't decide any awards, their contribution on the other hand will.

The Rancids etc dont win Grammys because again, whilst I like them, they aren't making the best albums in the world.

Just now, Joe. said:

And the majority of people on those major labels are making the best music so win the awards. Whilst the producer makes a difference, RevRad wouldn't have won a grammy regardless of who's name you put in the producer slot because the album wasn't good enough to get one. The influence of a producer may have got RevRad to a grammy-winning state, but a producers name alone won't decide any awards, their contribution on the other hand will.

The Rancids etc dont win Grammys because again, whilst I like them, they aren't making the best albums in the world.

I've seen you talk a lot about good stuff I'm curious to see who your pick would be for the "Best Rock Album" over Rev Rad. 

I think Rancid really did something great with Life Won't Wait and should have atleast been considered for Reggae Performance with Buju. 

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

RevRad at the least deserved a nomination. And I don't think @SnaggletoothRecords is simply saying labelling your album with a producer simply makes you more likely to win but a producer can improve the quality of your album and the promotion of your album. I completely get what he's saying

10 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

That's not Green Day's category and not to mention that Dr.Dre and Quincy Jones are huge producers, Green Day are not known as producers and therefore not an accurate comparison. 

Also, anyone can claim they were a voting member. I'm not saying I don't believe you but this is the internet and based on a lot of the "leaks" we've seen you know that anyone can post just about anything.

Either way it's all irrelevant as "glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity". I'm happy with Rev Rad regardless of critical acclaim or prizes that they could or may have won. It would be nice to see the boys be recognized for their efforts though. I think they deserved "Best Rock Album" but also deserved to suffer losses to Blackstar. 

The fuck would I lie about being a voting member the fuck would that get me??? 

And Dr Dre wasn’t that huge when he won his Grammy but whatever 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Aside from FoB and Panic the biggest artist I see is Pink and then the Scooby Doo soundtrack, which whilst a masterpiece isn't necessarily going to mean he's a top dog in the industry.

Im not saying he's a bad producer btw, just not sure that working with him specifically would mean the band won any awards over any other producer.

He's worked with Taylor Swift too! Also Weezer and the most critically aclaimed All Time Low album. I see what you mean though, he isn't in the category of producers you would call elite. But the thought of him working with GD does make me intrigued.

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

RevRad at the least deserved a nomination. And I don't think @SnaggletoothRecords is simply saying labelling your album with a producer simply makes you more likely to win but a producer can improve the quality of your album and the promotion of your album. I completely get what he's saying

Yes exactly 

@WhiteTim Dr.Dre is not self producing an entire band. It's a different genre and different procedures are followed. As someone that was in the industry you'll know that Green Day had more to chew based on the nature of what their project entails vs Dr.Dre making his album. No disrespect to him but it's just different operations and # of people. 

Also you can't compare him to Green Day. I specifically asked for either Rock/Alternative albums that were self produced that won. That's comparable. 

6 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I've seen you talk a lot about good stuff I'm curious to see who your pick would be for the "Best Rock Album" over Rev Rad. 

I think Rancid really did something great with Life Won't Wait and should have atleast been considered for Reggae Performance with Buju. 

Off the top of my head Id pick Liam Gallagher's As You Were over RevRad if they were both eligible at the same time, as well as Royal Bloods album. Out of what was nominated id have said California deserved it over RevRad as well. Not sure what the cutoff dates are for the eligibility.

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well yeah obviously but thats not how it came across, of course a producer will improve your work. My issue was the assumption that a self produced album has very little chance of getting an award and that if RevRad had been produced it would've got nominated, neither are true.

5 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

He's worked with Taylor Swift too! Also Weezer and the most critically aclaimed All Time Low album. I see what you mean though, he isn't in the category of producers you would call elite. But the thought of him working with GD does make me intrigued.

Yeah, so he's not produced anything particularly world class. Again Im not criticising him as a producer just saying I don't see why his name would carry that much weight

2 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

We'll we're all excited so maybe take your negativity to a new thread. No reason to be a buzzkill for people that are genuinely excited

No reason to be excited tbh

25 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Of all the people in the thread to call out for lying, Tim is one of the few people that actually know what they're talking about :lol:

6 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Well yeah obviously but thats not how it came across, of course a producer will improve your work. My issue was the assumption that a self produced album has very little chance of getting an award and that if RevRad had been produced it would've got nominated, neither are true.

How do you know that? If a producer has such an effect on an album, then RevRad could've had a much stronger chance of getting nominated for or winning a grammy

16 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Yes exactly 

@WhiteTim Dr.Dre is not self producing an entire band. It's a different genre and different procedures are followed. As someone that was in the industry you'll know that Green Day had more to chew based on the nature of what their project entails vs Dr.Dre making his album. No disrespect to him but it's just different operations and # of people. 

Also you can't compare him to Green Day. I specifically asked for either Rock/Alternative albums that were self produced that won. That's comparable. 

To be fair Dre did have a team of over 15 live musicians for both Chronic and over 25 musicians for 2001 I’d argue that’s more people he has to produce than 3 musicians but like I said I was going off top of my head I’ll have to look up for rock genre when I get home 

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

How do you know that? If a producer has such an effect on an album, then RevRad could've had a much stronger chance of getting nominated for or winning a grammy

Whilst I can't say it for definite, too many of those songs lacked too much depth to win a grammy imo

15 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

To be fair Dre did have a team of over 15 live musicians for both Chronic and over 25 musicians for 2001 I’d argue that’s more people he has to produce than 3 musicians but like I said I was going off top of my head I’ll have to look up for rock genre when I get home 

I'm looking forward to finding out which one has won that's self produced in that category. I'm sure there's been one but the fact no one has put their finger on it as of yet on a Green Day forum shows that it's not a common thing to happen in this category. 

20 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Of all the people in the thread to call out for lying, Tim is one of the few people that actually know what they're talking about :lol:

Once again as I mentioned I'm not accusing him of lying I'm just saying that anyone can say whatever on the internet without backing it up. I do really believe him but this thread with all the leaks and stuff and fake insiders... I was taking a shot at this thread more than Tim himself. 

Also, to clarify further I am not saying Rev Rad didn't get the nomination solely due to not having a producer. It is completely irrelevant to the actual songwriting so I agree 100% with you there when you say it didn't get one or didn't win because of the songs. I still stand by atleast Green Day being nominated for "Best Rock Album" I saw you mentioned Liam but he was not a nominee. I was comparing Green Day to actual nominees that were there but it's cool to see other people throwing in albums that also weren't there. 

A producer can be a plus to the promotion and the actual sound of the album. Butch Vig being involved on 21cb got Green Day a lot of buzz at that time. It was a big deal and hence more spotlight on the album. 

To add in, networking helps in any industry. 

@WhiteTim cool thanks for getting that info. So that's more comparable to Green Day. Is that the most recent self produced album to win that category? I'm curious to see how many won or even were nominated throughout GD's career. When I get some time I'll research that. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived