3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

No clue. Could be something in June though. 😊

OMG!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, petros said:

Haha I like this guy.

Why do you all seem to trust him though? Someone enlighten me on what legit info he's provided in the past.

Not a single answer posted of course :lol: 

8 hours ago, Nightlife said:

Why are you guys so desperate for info, release dates etc from these so called insiders? Green Day will announce something soon enough. I'm impatient about it too but that doesn't mean I want to hear it from some rando on GDC lol. Once they do make an announcement I hope that's the beginning of a period where they do their damnedest to hype us up even more. Photos/videos from the studio, non-spoiling snippets of audio, sharing their thoughts about the album etc. All without giving too much away of course. I'm so excited for all that is to come but also nervous of being let down because I mean, it's Green Day, so expectations are high. 

This!

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Not a single answer posted of course :lol: 

Haha obviously. For a moment I thought I was behind on all the "insider" accounts in here but as usual it's just nothing. 

I want green day news too but creating fake accounts or believing something a non legit account posted is pathetic. It is coming this year after all. I'm all in on speculating on the sound and the kinds of conversations we had in this thread a couple of weeks ago but now it's turned to shit. 

The thing is if anyone thinks the conversation has turned to shit I believe we have the power to turn it in the right direction.

Lets steer the conversation in the right direction with a question like

How successful do you think the next album will be in the mainstream?

I could see it debuting at number 1 or at least in the top 10 on Billboard and I expect at least a few million views on each music video. They'll probably perform on multiple award or night shoes which will help them too. There's always the possibility of a performance or song going viral now too in the modern times. I think all the singles will recieve some solid radioplay. And the tour is going to be massive. 

I hope for that and more for them and I am so excited. 

1 hour ago, J-Remy said:

I just said this in another thread yesterday; I don't want them to hit mainstream success again. If that's what they want and it happens, great, but I prefer the fanbase the way it is right now as compared to the AI era for example. What i think will happen is the same as with RevRad pretty much. No real mainstream success but some performances on talk shows, singles with a fair amount of radioplay as usual. A bit more successfull than RevRad is my feeling for this one though, but not even close to being the mainstream hit AI was. For example I don't see them winning any major awards or gaining more new fans than they usually do after an album release. 

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think the album will be a fucking smash hit amongst us fans and that there'll be a much needed update to their live shows that'll make them bigger and better. I just feel like they're in a really good place and excited to spice things up again instead of doing the same old show night after night. I have a hope for better promotion too and them giving us some much deserved pro-shot live footage. 

I don't think it will get drastically more or less success than RevRad, but that depends on the level of promotion and what the music sounds like. With them being on Crush Management now I imagine there will be a more up to date approach to the promotion without being as annoyingas the promo that company do for FOB, Panic etc, given GD has a different fanbase to those bands. 

So yeah I think a different approach to promotion could bring better results, but with Butch almost certainly being the producer I suppose the sound of the album could lend it to a wider audience. I have little doubt that it will sound different to RevRad and given Butch's previous production work I am expecting it to sound more mainstream friendly, kind of like an album of Still Breathings - which would not be a bad thing at all, that song is great.

6 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I don't think it will get drastically more or less success than RevRad, but that depends on the level of promotion and what the music sounds like. With them being on Crush Management now I imagine there will be a more up to date approach to the promotion without being as annoyingas the promo that company do for FOB, Panic etc, given GD has a different fanbase to those bands. 

So yeah I think a different approach to promotion could bring better results, but with Butch almost certainly being the producer I suppose the sound of the album could lend it to a wider audience. I have little doubt that it will sound different to RevRad and given Butch's previous production work I am expecting it to sound more mainstream friendly, kind of like an album of Still Breathings - which would not be a bad thing at all, that song is great.

Yeah that's gonna be a hard disagree from me fam....

4 hours ago, J-Remy said:

The thing is if anyone thinks the conversation has turned to shit I believe we have the power to turn it in the right direction.

Lets steer the conversation in the right direction with a question like

I could see it debuting at number 1 or at least in the top 10 on Billboard and I expect at least a few million views on each music video. They'll probably perform on multiple award or night shoes which will help them too. There's always the possibility of a performance or song going viral now too in the modern times. I think all the singles will recieve some solid radioplay. And the tour is going to be massive. 

I hope for that and more for them and I am so excited. 

Really don’t think it’ll hit number one of the main billboard chart. As I’ve said earlier in the thread I don’t think it’ll get much mainstream attention.

Videos will rack up views sure, not sure anything will go viral, unless it’s really really good, or really really bad.

11 minutes ago, Joe. said:

...not sure anything will go viral, unless it’s really really good, or really really bad.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

:lol: I'm not saying it will be

I will likely be crucified by some of you, but I would love to see a collab with Billie Eilish, especially after last night pics 🙃

Billie² 54.gif

I can see them MAYBE getting an album to 21st Century Breakdown mainstream status. I can't see them getting the success of AI or Dookie again though. But it's hard to say how successful this album could be without knowing what it's gonna sound like or how it's gonna be promoted. I'd say most likely this album will be around RevRad status or slightly below RevRad. I really hope it's a better album than RevRad

So Matt's told us that the album will be released this year, likely in the fall and there could be something (i.e. a single) in June? I'm ok with that

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I can see them MAYBE getting an album to 21st Century Breakdown mainstream status. I can't see them getting the success of AI or Dookie again though. But it's hard to say how successful this album could be without knowing what it's gonna sound like or how it's gonna be promoted. I'd say most likely this album will be around RevRad status or slightly below RevRad. I really hope it's a better album than RevRad

So Matt's told us that the album will be released this year, likely in the fall and there could be something (i.e. a single) in June? I'm ok with that

Something could mean an announcement or big time mag interview like rolling stone or something too

I hope it's an interview. Been at least two issues since they were mentioned in Kerrang.

Just now, Jankowski576 said:

Something could mean an announcement or big time mag interview like rolling stone or something too

I assume by "something", he means an announcement (of the album and/or single) or the single itself

17 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

To be fair this was predicted by everyone when we were doing album predictions based on zero information a few months ago 😛 

Billie looking dolled up lately does lend itself to the idea that some photography or mag stuff could be being done

My guess js album will be rather unsuccessful due to it being bad. If it's not bad, then there's nothing stopping it from reaching RevRad level of success.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

My guess js album will be rather unsuccessful due to it being bad. If it's not bad, then there's nothing stopping it from reaching RevRad level of success.

I get you're kind of joking but you're really beating a dead horse with this "bad album" joke. Literally no one thinks it is funny.

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Pretty much. It's unlikely to do anything RevRad didn't, be interesting to see what venues we'll see on the next tour. 

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I get you're kind of joking but you're really beating a dead horse with this "bad album" joke. Literally no one thinks it is funny.

It's not meant to be funny. I don't think any of us will laugh when we listen to the album and it sucks.

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

Pretty much. It's unlikely to do anything RevRad didn't, be interesting to see what venues we'll see on the next tour. 

Well, yeah. I don't really care that much for the new music, but I want to see them.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's not meant to be funny. I don't think any of us will laugh when we listen to the album and it sucks.

Well, yeah. I don't really care that much for the new music, but I want to see them.

We'll we're all excited so maybe take your negativity to a new thread. No reason to be a buzzkill for people that are genuinely excited

I'm excited to have a bad bad bad album.

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think it's possible they could be on par with 21cb if they have a few different type of singles and get airplay on a variety of different stations.

What are you using to measure whether it's on par with 21cb? Level of airplay? Variety of stations playing songs from the album? Certifications and album sales? Chart position? 

I just want to remind people that the days of going platinum are over for the band and not just for the band but for Alternative Radio pretty much as a whole. Rev Rad had 95,000 copies sold in it's first week and for their sector that's actually considered a success now. Foo Fighters had 127,000 for Concrete and Gold and Chili Peppers 118,000 on their latest release. 

Flashback ten years ago and Green Day exceeded 250,000 units in the first week and in 2004 American Idiot saw 267,000 units in it's first week. I think we need to have somewhat of a realistic expectation in regards to certifications and album sales. 

I think a realistic expectation for a successful album would be atleast 130,000 units in it's first week and eventually go on to a gold certification. Uno has reached gold certification and achieved 139,000 units in it's first week. It's a pretty big surprise to look at this in retrospect considering as a fan base we would consider Rev Rad to be more of a success than Uno. 

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'm excited to have a bad bad bad album.

THATS NOT FUNNY

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I think a realistic expectation for a successful album would be atleast 130,000 units in it's first week and eventually go on to a gold certification. Uno has reached gold certification and achieved 139,000 units in it's first week. It's a pretty big surprise to look at this in retrospect considering as a fan base we would consider Rev Rad to be more of a success than Uno. 

agreed, didn't realise the gap between RHCP and Foos was that big

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived