Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I just can’t get into the hype for this, it feels so different to previous threads about upcoming albums. I hope we do get something soon but I’m still skeptical 🤣

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I just can’t get into the hype for this, it feels so different to previous threads about upcoming albums. I hope we do get something soon but I’m still skeptical 🤣

Different because it’s based on so little information that’s confirmed?  

6 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I agree. I do hope we get something but something seems off. 

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Different because it’s based on so little information that’s confirmed?  

Maybe, I’m not sure. It’s just different, but I guess everytime is different

3 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Glad I’m not the only one

3 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

I'm with you as well. He said in, December i think, that he was writing songs for GD. I know that can mean anything (just starting, mid-album, almost done ready to record), but to me it feels he would still be writing. 

RevRad took 2.5 years to write. Not saying he wasn't writing during tour and after, but to say you're writing for it in Dec and supposedly be recording in Feb is... fast.

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

WhAT dOeS ThiS MeAN

5 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I'm with you as well. He said in, December i think, that he was writing songs for GD. I know that can mean anything (just starting, mid-album, almost done ready to record), but to me it feels he would still be writing. 

RevRad took 2.5 years to write. Not saying he wasn't writing during tour and after, but to say you're writing for it in Dec and supposedly be recording in Feb is... fast.

I don’t think he would have even mentioned it unless it was late in the process and nearly done. It had been over a year since the end of the RevRad tour at that point, he didn’t just start.

Just now, DeJennsitized said:

WhAT dOeS ThiS MeAN

It means I'm drunk and replied to a post before reading it properly like the moron I am, so I had to delete my BS best I can 

Just now, Nightlife said:

It means I'm drunk and replied to a post before reading it properly like the moron I am, so I had to delete my BS best I can 

:lol: my bad, thought it was another cLuE

People...Matt is an admin here, has a relationship with the band, and said the album is DONE. Two of the insiders have relationships with the band, have predicted two releases correctly so far, and said things are happening in the Fall. Yes, people are annoyingly speculating, but these are all solid sources and how anyone can say there's nothing happening at all is beyond me.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

People...Matt is an admin here, has a relationship with the band, and said the album is DONE. Two of the insiders have relationships with the band, have predicted two releases correctly so far, and said things are happening in the Fall. Yes, people are annoyingly speculating, but these are all solid sources and how anyone can say there's nothing happening at all is beyond me.

Because we don't drop to our knees for 'associates' of the band? If it ain't the band themselves, I take everything with a massive pinch of salt. Even posts from users with no profile picture or who have 'insider' in their name ;) 

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I agree but you’re not gonna convince everyone.  Live and let live.  I believe an album will be out by September or October. 

I want Billie himself saying on GDC "one week"

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Never said they were sitting on their asses doing nothing, nor that there was nothing happening. Just merely stating my feelings. 

I’m gonna go for September 2nd release for the album. Would make my birthday a good one 

9 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Because we don't drop to our knees for 'associates' of the band? If it ain't the band themselves, I take everything with a massive pinch of salt. Even posts from users with no profile picture or who have 'insider' in their name ;) 

There's differences between random new users posting vague dates and Matt, who's been involved in the site and with the band for years.

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree but you’re not gonna convince everyone.  Live and let live.  I believe an album will be out by September or October. 

...which lines up with the Fall release the insiders stated...

I have no interest in these insiders even though I know a select few of them actually can provide legit information. I agree with @DookieLukie though in that I can't believe there's people still doubting the albums existence just because we haven't gotten an official announcement yet. Even without the 'insider info' we have, in my opinion, more than enough proof that an album is coming. 

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

There's differences between random new users posting vague dates and Matt, who's been involved in the site and with the band for years.

Not to me, I don't care either way. Any real "insiders" aren't going to be able to share much anyway, or they'd lose the band's trust. The most they can do is vague information that we can all guess at anyway. I just don't get the interest in trying to get info before GD post about it themselves. 

We only know two things for definite. An albums coming this year and it's going to be pop shit. No point speculating any further 

58 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I honestly think that's because: 

1. People have become more hyperactive on the internet in general. Trolling has increased, rumours spread and escalate faster than ever and people jump to conclusions way more frequently, often riling each other up within their particular bubble.

2. In my opinion, Green Day have become less predictable again. While the trilogy was a slight outlier, both 21CB and RevRad could have been fairly easily predicted after AI, because they basically did what they knew would work. Of course it's still possible that their next album will be played just as safe as RevRad was, but I think for the first time in a while there's a real possibility in the air that they might try something different again. This possibility (which, depending on who you trust also appears to be backed up by some more or less reliable information) of course leads both to more excitement and buzz, but also to more escalation in terms of our speculation in this thread. It completely changes the mood of the discussion.

In any case, I personally am not even in a state of hype. I'm more scared than anything else actually haha. If Butch Walker is to be the producer on this one, then they'll have to convince me it isn't going to be a bad album, not (like previously) the other way around :lol:

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

We only know two things for definite. An albums coming this year and it's going to be pop shit. No point speculating any further 

We have no idea what it’s going to sound like.

4 minutes ago, Joe. said:

The 4chan "leak" is the only thing that's suggested that it's gonna be poppy. For all we know it could be one of their heaviest albums to date

Ugh I want Wonderful to be on this album. And Dreamcatcher!

35 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I want Billie himself saying on GDC "one week"

Who’s to say “Matt” isn’t Billie...hmmmm 🤔

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived