Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

The main positive of this album is that it's finally going to redeem the Trilogy. We bitched about its artwork? Really? Look at the assheart!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The main positive of this album is that it's finally going to redeem the Trilogy. We bitched about its artwork? Really? Look at the assheart!

I do like the colors of the trilogy at least. Im always a sucker for bright neon skate punk style stuff, I think Uno and Dos look okay with the pics they took for it, there's something about Tre that feels off on the cover to me but I could never tell what it is.

44 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Because “Kerplunk” is such a deep title name. I for one think that’s exactly what they’re going for.  

Their music wasn’t that deep at the time of Kerplunk, and it reflected in the title. Also, i’m not sure you follow up “Revolution Radio” with “Songs For Assholes”.

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I completely missed the Trilogy era of GDC. People bitched about it’s artwork? Because honestly, I think they’re the most vibrant of their album covers.

That album art looks like it was made on Microsoft paint. Surely that’s not real?

8 minutes ago, Joe. said:

That album art looks like it was made on Microsoft paint. Surely that’s not real?

I don't get the comparison to the RevRad cover that people apparently didn't think was real. Why was that though? Was there an earlier version of it that got leaked? Because I get not liking the idea but it's at least obviously professionally made where as this shit is, just like you said, made in Microsoft Paint. 

I'm 100% convinced it's not real but maybe, just maybe, I'll be proven wrong. In that case I'll get a good laugh out of it though, maybe enough so that I'll manage to live with the fact that THAT is the album cover lol. 

7 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I don't get the comparison to the RevRad cover that people apparently didn't think was real. Why was that though? Was there an earlier version of it that got leaked? Because I get not liking the idea but it's at least obviously professionally made where as this shit is, just like you said, made in Microsoft Paint. 

I'm 100% convinced it's not real but maybe, just maybe, I'll be proven wrong. In that case I'll get a good laugh out of it though, maybe enough so that I'll manage to live with the fact that THAT is the album cover lol. 

People thought the RevRad cover looked like a stock image :lol: someone found it on a website that had the album info and it didn't have any logos on it. 

23 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

I do like the colors of the trilogy at least. Im always a sucker for bright neon skate punk style stuff, I think Uno and Dos look okay with the pics they took for it, there's something about Tre that feels off on the cover to me but I could never tell what it is.

Maybe Tré looks too normal on it :lol:

I mostly just protested the RevRad cover because I was hoping they'd use something more original. But it looked professionally made, so the hope wasn't that it'd be fake, but that it's not the main visual. That is, after we ruled out the option that it's a stock image. :P

When singles started rolling out in anticipation for the album, everyone just kind of accepted or forgot about the RevRad cover.

The Rev Rad cover looks better in its finished state. When it was a poor quality version online it did look like a stock image, but when you see it on the actual cover it's much higher quality and it looks quite striking on its own on a plain background with no text. It's also cool that they really burned a radio and took a picture of it rather than just using effects to add the fire.

The cover that's been posted here on the other hand.....there's no hope for it :lol: 

So the los_dangeles guy is a photographer who was associated with Emily's Army back in the day. There was mention of him here back in 2013. Either the person is who they say they are and didn't cover their tracks very well; or, a troll who chose their mark carefully but was called out and is now backtracking. If it's a troll, then I feel bad for the guy getting dragged into this.

9 hours ago, Matt. said:

I don’t mind that artwork 🤔

Songs for assholes confirmed? 😮🤔

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

That’s what I said but someone told me they don’t really censor the word asshole on TV anymore

Well if they want to promote Songs For Asshole so bad on TV and Radio they can always says ''Songs for Dummies'' or ''Songs for Jerks''

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well if they want to promote Songs For Asshole so bad on TV and Radio they can always says ''Songs for Dummies'' or ''Songs for Jerks''

Songs For GDCers 

i love the name if it turns out to be real.. it sounds like an american idiot part 2.. i think these songs are in fact for assholes (i mean the theme of the songs) not for the people like us fans that listen to it. 

Edit: And one song is rumored to be called "rome falls".. i know its quite a longhsot hehe but maybe he found some inspiration for  this song on his italy trip

Maybe Songs for Butts will be the album name, there's nothing wrong with saying butts on TV and radio!

I don't mind the tittle Songs for assholes tbh if it turns out to be true.

FA1Cg6d.png 

Honestly though I don't mind if the title is Songs For Assholes. Not a great title and at first I kind of hated it but now I think it's alright. 

If the album really is called Songs For Assholes then they know their target audience well 

It's not a bad title. It's sounds like something they'd came up with in the nineties, but that's not neccessarily a bad thing.

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's not a bad title. It's sounds like something they'd came up with in the nineties, but that's not neccessarily a bad thing.

I loved the last few albums a lot but hopefully this time around, the guitars sound more raw and punky, and Billie gets rid of those voice filters

11 minutes ago, papa said:

holy shit you guys...

What.....did you just find out something?!?!?

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I loved the last few albums a lot but hopefully this time around, the guitars sound more raw and punky, and Billie gets rid of those voice filters

Me too, but I don't expect either to happen if the record is meant to be extra poppy.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived