Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

No, it’s done. The previously mentioned recording timeline is accurate.

Well...alright then...I knew I liked you. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the intel, Matt! Maybe the Longshot announcement is some shows to warm up for a tour.

44 minutes ago, Asik said:

At this point i believe the 4chan leak is real 

Why? There's still no reason to believe the leak

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:
Has Billie used Blue at the Longshot shows? If not, then the new Green Day album is pretty much confirmed!!! This was posted last month. Something is definitely happening soon!!!!

Dunno but Billie hasn’t used Blue on GD records in years 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

COME 2 BRAZIL!!!

I wish I had Instagram so that I could spite these people with being excited for Longshot

I don't think come to Brazil is the same, as it's a fact they have to decide where they're going on tour so letting them know they're appreciated in a country that isn't always guaranteed shows even on the same continent can possible be a small influence on them going there and is more understandable. Going "what about Green Day???" on a side project post is literally pointless because the side project isn't holding up Green Day, no post from a fan is ever going to have any influence whatsoever on how quickly Green Day create an album, and we already know we're going to get a Green Day album anyway.

The equivalent would be if they posted they were definitely coming to Brazil, and then people wrote "COME TO BRAZIL" on their next post :P 

Matt with the news to save the day. I don't care about boring ass Longshot at all thank god for actual green day news coming. 

Can't wait for us to get some news and dates to wait to. The build up to a new album is the most fun to be at a forum. Speculating on how songs will sound based on tittles and the overall album based on the album tittle is fun. 

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why? There's still no reason to believe the leak

Well , its certain that they were right about the album being finished, as well as about the producer. 

Just now, Asik said:

Well , its certain that they were right about the album being finished, as well as about the producer. 

This was already posted here, before 4chan "leak".

2 minutes ago, Asik said:

GDC discussion and speculation is the origin of the 'leak'

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The difference is that was a side project all of GD did together to stay creative. This is Billie running off to do his own thing. That wouldn’t happen in the middle of a GD project. 

The Pinhead Gunpowder (ie a non-Mike/Tre side project) EP also came out in 2008 along with a couple PG shows while GD was still working on 21CB.  I'm guessing this is just a couple CA Longshot shows to kill time, especially based on comments Kevin has made.

Personally, I'm more excited about a Longshot announcement from Billie himself rather than pure speculation from fans about a GD album.

And @Hermione If I could like every single word in your comment about pointless/rude IG comments a million times, I would.

16 minutes ago, Montclare said:

The Pinhead Gunpowder (ie a non-Mike/Tre side project) EP also came out in 2008 along with a PG couple shows while GD was still working on 21CB.  I'm guessing this is just a couple CA Longshot shows to kill time, especially based on comments Kevin has made.

Personally, I'm more excited about a Longshot announcement from Billie himself rather than pure speculation from fans about a GD album.

And @Hermione If I could like every single word in your comment about pointless/rude IG comments a million times, I would.

I love the longshot, but i understand the people that demand/ ask for the new album. The longshot will probably host a show somewhere in the US,  and many people will not be able to attend it.  Whats the fun in that for them? We will have to watch some videos with crappy audio again. Id rather receive some news concerning gd

5 minutes ago, Asik said:

I love the longshot, but i understand the people that demand/ ask for the new album. The longshot will probably host a show somewhere in the US,  and many people will not be able to attend it.  Whats the fun in that for them? We will have to watch some videos with crappy audio again. Id rather receive some news concerning gd

Honestly so would I 

12 minutes ago, Asik said:

It isn't a choice between the two things though, we can have both. Green Day news will come and a new Green Day album will come either way, Billie playing a Longshot show or whatever in his spare time doesn't affect it. 

Whining about wanting Green Day news on a Longshot post is rude and pointless, he's not going to go "ok then, the Longshot is scrapped and I'll rush the new Green Day album out even though it isn't ready yet".

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It isn't a choice between the two things though, we can have both. Green Day news will come and a new Green Day album will come either way, Billie playing a Longshot show or whatever in his spare time doesn't affect it.

Whining about wanting Green Day news on a Longshot post is rude and pointless, he's not going to go "ok then, the Longshot is scrapped and I'll rush the new Green Day album out even though it isn't ready yet".

I know its kinda rude, but im just stating the reason why people were complaining.

2 minutes ago, Asik said:

I know its kinda rude, but im just stating the reason why people were complaining.

Oh yeah sure. And like, I doubt he cares about the comments that much (I guess it can be seen as a compliment that people want Green Day news). But they're pointless comments to make lol

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think anyone is confused and thinking that Green Day will be postponed because of The Longshot, it's just that we'd rather have gotten some GD news (like a release date, some footage from the studio, anything really). That's what I'm thinking anyways but hey, at least we're getting something while we wait for more exciting stuff. As I said before I agree about the comments on his post though. It's rude to bring up Green Day on a post where he's just happy about his other band and I don't get why so many people do it. 

I personally find footage and stories from Longshot shows more interesting than random studio clips of some drums being played or whatever or hearing a Green Day album will come out which we pretty much already know :P. The Longshot is awesome and it's already clear Green Day is moving along so it's all good.

What's going to be bad about the bad album: predictions.

- crappy pop rock as one last attempt at mainstream success

- more vague political songs, preferably with the message that our problems would go away if we were more tolerant to racist opinions

- another song with Lady Cobra

- there will be a line that outdoes BMX-cellent tits

- we will have to come up with super convoluted arguments to persuade ourselves that we like it 

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What's going to be bad about the bad album: predictions.

- crappy pop rock as one last attempt at mainstream success

- more vague political songs, preferably with the message that our problems would go away if we were more tolerant to racist opinions

- another song with Lady Cobra

- there will be a line that outdoes BMX-cellent tits

- we will have to come up with super convoluted arguments to persuade ourselves that we like it 

Maybe all this will happen because we are crappy fans  and BJ want new ones.

ps.: Longshot fans > GD fans😅

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

My favourite one

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I personally find footage and stories from Longshot shows more interesting than random studio clips of some drums being played or whatever

Absolutely. It doesn’t delay anything, just provides more interesting stuff to look at and talk about while we wait (ahem...Killie. Or Bevin. Whatever it’s called).

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Oh yeah sure. And like, I doubt he cares about the comments that much 

I think you’re underestimating Billie’s sensitivity about comments 😂. Every time he deletes a post because of comments I picture him punching a wall. 

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Absolutely. It doesn’t delay anything, just provides more interesting stuff to look at and talk about while we wait (ahem...Killie. Or Bevin. Whatever it’s called).

I think you’re underestimating Billie’s sensitivity about comments 😂. Every time he deletes a post because of comments I picture him punching a wall. 

I mean the intent behind the comments basically boils down to "I really like Green Day and can't wait for news" so even if it's rude/annoying to spam them on a Longshot post they're still not hurtful really. But if they're not careful maybe they'll get another video like this classic :P 

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He's so embarrassing jesus christ

"If you don't like it then fuck off! Alright? Have a pleasant day :D:D:D:D:D"

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived