Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Not long ago at all Billie commented on one of Kevin’s posts and said “Let’s do some Shot shows” or something like that. So obviously they are. I’ll be very surprised if it’s an actual tour. But who knows.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

oh okay :D but the link is dead xD or not available for me idk

Huh, that's weird. It's showing up just fine on my computer and I'm not even logged in to my Instagram account on here so idk. Anyway it's a photo with the caption 'Little announcement comin this week from the ‘Shot'

Was expecting Green Day news yes but love the Longshot. And I like that pic that was posted on IG a while back I don’t remember who posted it (Billie?) and said it was the Longshot and only had David, Kevin and Billie in the picture. I wonder if there is a new Longshot record coming out if Kevin and David are playing on it rather than it basically being 100% Billie.

I really like Kevin and would love to see more of him on the projects and even though he’s busy with so many of his own projects it would be great to see him as a touring member of Green Day too. Billie, Jason and Kevin as Green Day’s guitar players would be amazing. I’d love to see that!

8 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Was expecting Green Day news yes but love the Longshot. And I like that pic that was posted on IG a while back I don’t remember who posted it (Billie?) and said it was the Longshot and only had David, Kevin and Billie in the picture. I wonder if there is a new Longshot record coming out if Kevin and David are playing on it rather than it basically being 100% Billie.

I really like Kevin and would love to see more of him on the projects and even though he’s busy with so many of his own projects it would be great to see him as a touring member of Green Day too. Billie, Jason and Kevin as Green Day’s guitar players would be amazing. I’d love to see that!

Kevin would definitely be more fun to watch than Jeff. I heard somewhere that he even auditioned to join them but they chose Jeff instead because he could sing higher vocals 

With the Longshot announcement coming this week, does anyone think they would call a major producer like Butch Walker just to produce a side project?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

With the Longshot announcement coming this week, does anyone think they would call a major producer like Butch Walker just to produce a side project?

Never impossible, but to me it seems like a..

Like a....

Long shot?

I'd prefer Kevin over Jeff and Billie-Jason-Kevin would be great. IMO Jeff is definitely the most likeliest of the big 3 to leave.

I'll tell you what: it would be weird, exhausting and overall unrealistic as hell, but I would die to see The Longshot supporting Green Day some day. Just for a few shows haha

Imagine Billie saying something like: "We'd also like to thank Green Day for letting us play at their gigs! They've been a great inspiration to all of us and I can say it's been an enormous honour getting to share the stage with them!" and then chanting "Green Day, Green Day, Green Day" lmao :lol:

I suppose the third guitarist is needed so Billie can focus on his antics but then they did that one show without Jeff and there wasn't that much of a difference.

Expecxt for Green Day news, and then we get Longshot news... I am really happy and pissed right now. I love The Longshot, but it's GD time, it's been a year and a half since the latest show already

Just now, Alf said:

Expecxt for Green Day news, and then we get Longshot news... I am really happy and pissed right now. I love The Longshot, but it's GD time, it's been a year and a half since the latest show already

Apparently you’re not alone...lots of comments to that effect on Billie’s posts. I wish people wouldn’t actually comment that though. He took the post off of his main account and I’m sure his pissed. 

5 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I’m guessing nobody in GD is Jeff’s dream boy 😂

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

It seems strange to do a new Green Day album and new Lomgshot at the same time.

We don’t know it’s an album. Could be just a few shows.

Longshot is the best thing Billie has done in forever, whoever is complaining is  u n g r a t e f u l

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

We don’t know it’s an album. Could be just a few shows.

Yeah that seems more likely 

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Apparently you’re not alone...lots of comments to that effect on Billie’s posts. I wish people wouldn’t actually comment that though. He took the post off of his main account and I’m sure his pissed. 

I’m guessing nobody in GD is Jeff’s dream boy 😂

I wonder why famous people don't lock comments on Instagram to avoid annoying fans. In fact, I can't understand why people in general are becoming so damn annoying.

Billie did lock comments a few times... I don't care much for the comments but I think it would be a bit sad if it was a constant thing to lock them. He likes responding to fans and not only to the hurtful comments

I hope there will be Longshot shows in Europe, at least the UK :dance:

I'm not surprised about the upcoming Longshot announcement since he's been teasing it for a while now. Can't say I'm excited about it either since I assume it's just a couple of shows I won't be able to attend. Sure, it'll be fun with some new footage but like so many other people I'm just waiting for some GD news. I can't believe the amount of comments about that on his posts though. Must be pretty annoying to be excited about The Longshot only to be drowned in comments that say 'WhAt AbOuT gReEn DaY' lol but I'm sure he's used to it by now. 

28 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

I hope there will be Longshot shows in Europe, at least the UK :dance:

I hope but it's a tiny hope. :P

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

I'll tell you what: it would be weird, exhausting and overall unrealistic as hell, but I would die to see The Longshot supporting Green Day some day. Just for a few shows haha

Imagine Billie saying something like: "We'd also like to thank Green Day for letting us play at their gigs! They've been a great inspiration to all of us and I can say it's been an enormous honour getting to share the stage with them!" and then chanting "Green Day, Green Day, Green Day" lmao :lol:

Green Day show followed by Longshot at a club afterwards (like they did with Green Day/FBHT once) would be the best way. Like seeing The Longshot in a big venue would still be cool but it wouldn't be as good :P 

Tbh I doubt this Longshot thing has anything to do with Green Day. What a tiresome thing to comment on a Longshot post, we only get these side projects rarely so why not just enjoy it as an extra bonus instead of trying to rush past it, trying to put Billie off it isn't going to make Green Day stuff come any faster. Do people actually believe begging on an Instagram post where that isn't at all appropriate will make Green Day release an album?

42 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Tbh I doubt this Longshot thing has anything to do with Green Day. What a tiresome thing to comment on a Longshot post, we only get these side projects rarely so why not just enjoy it as an extra bonus instead of trying to rush past it, trying to put Billie off it isn't going to make Green Day stuff come any faster. Do people actually believe begging on an Instagram post where that isn't at all appropriate will make Green Day release an album?

Yeah, I mean I just find it rude tbh. It's fine for people to privately have their preferences or even to vent their frustrations on platforms such as this forum, but to spam his IG posts with such comments... Would really piss me off if I were in his position!

46 minutes ago, Hermione said:

. Do people actually believe begging on an Instagram post where that isn't at all appropriate will make Green Day release an album?

COME 2 BRAZIL!!!

I wish I had Instagram so that I could spite these people with being excited for Longshot

3 hours ago, purplebenny said:

So... 

This is gonna be a GD warm up show..

almost 100%..

timing is way to precise for it not to be related

At first I was meh about this announcement thinking they would only be in California anyway but if they were surprise GD warm up shows? I’d buy me a plane ticket if only I knew.  

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived