Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Is "asshole" even a censored word anymore? They can say asshole and bitch on TV and radio now in the US.

Yeah even on my local Alternative station in NY, ALT 92.3, the line in Holiday , “Kill all the fags that don’t agree!” is left uncensored!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Really? I’ve never heard of that but the two sound nothing alike to me.  Love and hate are opposing concepts, joy and resistance are not. The two phrases don’t even have the same grammatical structure.

Love and Joy both in relation to something negative in a fairly long title. It was a tongue in cheek comment 

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Bad Album: A Success Story Of A Failure

(I actually like the version with the subtitle better than just Songs For Assholes. It has a bit of American Idiot cheesiness in it, but can I complain about that?)

Gorgeous!

Remember how the guys posted pictures of setlist of Kerplunk, Dookie, and Insomniac months back implying that they just got done rehearsing these albums? Maybe they where trying to get into the old 90s Green Day feel before going into this new album, and perhaps this new album is more akin to those albums then. 

It's definitely something to think about. It's also very possible they were just band practicing for no hidden reason at all, but my tin foil hat is on snug.

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So let’s talk album titles. It still could be Songs for Assholes and now we have a possible subtitle in A Love Story About Hate in Butch’s post. Do we think these two combined could make up the title or will it be something else entirely?  I like the idea of a subtitle — “Songs for Assholes: A Love Story About Hate” sounds like the title of a novel.  There’s something about it that is reminiscent of “Green Day Presents American Idiot”

Songs for Assholes:  American Idiot II

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Remember how the guys posted pictures of setlist of Kerplunk, Dookie, and Insomniac months back implying that they just got done rehearsing these albums? Maybe they where trying to get into the old 90s Green Day feel before going into this new album, and perhaps this new album is more akin to those albums then. 

It's definitely something to think about. It's also very possible they were just band practicing for no hidden reason at all, but my tin foil hat is on snug.

Plus, Tré has blue hair now....hmmm

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus, Tré has blue hair now....hmmm

Lmao I'm hyped for Dookie 2

It's a fair observation about the setlists posts and it might have some relation to the new album but I just don't think they're ever going to make albums that really sound like their 25 year old ones. Every single time they have an album coming out both fans and media find a way to say the band has promised it's going to sound like Dookie lol :P 

So appparently The Longshot will have some sort of announcement this week. Hopefully it's just for killing time while the new GD album is getting mixed. 

Which Butch Walker post mentioned A Love Story About Hate? Forgive me, I am almost blind but I don't think I've missed it on here :D Is it on his Insta? 

Either way, perhaps Love Story About Hate could refer to a song title? If it is in any way related to the album title then it sounds a bit concepty to me

11 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

So appparently The Longshot will have some sort of announcement this week. Hopefully it's just for killing time while the new GD album is getting mixed. 

Plot twist: Butch Walker is producing a new Longshot album 🤯🤫

57 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Where did you hear this?

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Where did you hear this?

Longshot’s Instagram

1 hour ago, Nightlife said:

I'm so excited for it even though it's most likely an US show.

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

Which Butch Walker post mentioned A Love Story About Hate? Forgive me, I am almost blind but I don't think I've missed it on here :D Is it on his Insta? 

Either way, perhaps Love Story About Hate could refer to a song title? If it is in any way related to the album title then it sounds a bit concepty to me

It does sound concepty. Personally I think they've been there and done it twice. But a concept doesn't mean another rock opera, so why not. 

11 minutes ago, Too domb to die said:

They might announce a Longshot show with secret headliners Green Day?

Lol that thought crossed my mind only because I'm so desperate for GD news. 

I’m with @Too domb to die and @Nightlife.  I’m excited to see Billies post, liked the Longshot stuff but thought/hoped we were going to get a Green Day announcement!  I wonder if Butch Walker is producing The Longshot and is it still going to be a solo album?  More questions than ever.

I still hope that we get the new GD album this year, but because the Longshot was a popular side-project, perhaps Billie has decided to give us more Longshot to plug the gap while we wait for the GD album. Hopefully the Longshot will tour the UK 🙏

1 hour ago, nohamxx said:

Longshot’s Instagram

can anyone send a link to the post? i am too dumb to find it ^^

1 minute ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

can anyone send a link to the post? i am too dumb to find it ^^

10 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

oh okay :D but the link is dead xD or not available for me idk

So... 

This is gonna be a GD warm up show..

almost 100%..

timing is way to precise for it not to be related

• Hermione locked this topic