Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Would you guys love to hear more lead vocals from Mike? Or can Tré actually write a serious song, especially now that he’s a dad?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Would you guys love to hear more lead vocals from Mike? Or can Tré actually write a serious song, especially now that he’s a dad?

Tre isn’t much of a songwriter I’m not missing anything there but Mike has written some great songs and I like his voice I wish he would step up and get more involved in that again.

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Tre isn’t much of a songwriter I’m not missing anything there but Mike has written some great songs and I like his voice I wish he would step up and get more involved in that again.

41 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

As someone said a few pages back, I love how Mike harmonized with Billie's voice from 1,039 to Dookie. Hope they bring it back.

I always wondered how Mike can sing so well on records but sound so bad live

57 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I always wondered how Mike can sing so well on records but sound so bad live

Mike sounds fine live

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No. I never want that from Tre. I love him too much just the way he is and what he has done. 

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Tre’s been a dad for the last what 19-20 years I don’t think he’s the type to let the public see or hear his serious side 

5 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Tre’s been a dad for the last what 19-20 years I don’t think he’s the type to let the public see or hear his serious side 

Oops I forgot about that LOL

But anyway, we’re getting off topic here. How about some more predictions about the new album?

With singles and such i feel it depends on the album length. If your album  is 10 tracks long, 5 singles before the album releases is a bit much, its half the album. Id say 2-3 may be best for 10 song albums. If its something like Nimrod or 21CB or the Trilogy where its 18 or 20+ songs, then i think even if they release 5 or 6 its still not even half the album and is fine.

47 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

With singles and such i feel it depends on the album length. If your album  is 10 tracks long, 5 singles before the album releases is a bit much, its half the album. Id say 2-3 may be best for 10 song albums. If its something like Nimrod or 21CB or the Trilogy where its 18 or 20+ songs, then i think even if they release 5 or 6 its still not even half the album and is fine.

According to the leak, this album will have 13 songs

57 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

According to the leak, this album will have 13 songs

RevRad’s short track list was one of it’s weaknesses imo, if the leak is true that’s exciting news.

3 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

RevRad’s short track list was one of it’s weaknesses imo, if the leak is true that’s exciting news.

If 12 songs was one of the weakness what’s literally 1 more song going to fix? 

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

If 12 songs was one of the weakness what’s literally 1 more song going to fix? 

Temporary lapse in memory, I honestly thought the track listing was closer to 9-10. I guess I just assumed it was wildly shorter. 

7 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Temporary lapse in memory, I honestly thought the track listing was closer to 9-10. I guess I just assumed it was wildly shorter. 

Probably was just ignoring certain songs lol 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Probably was just ignoring certain songs lol 

That and the return to the 12 song format after the Trilogy. My "Best Of The Trilogy" playlist has still 32 of the 37 songs from the whole lot. Most of the  "filler" songs are omitted. Ordinary World isn't a terrible song, but it's not Billie Joe at 100%. On top of the fact it was tacked on last minute, it just does not have the same clout as Billie Joe's other acoustic ballads. I've really grown to like Outlaws over the past few years, and Forever Now and Too Dumb To Die were instant favorites. Say Goodbye and Troubled times fall somewhere in the middle for me. They're not bad, but they're  nothing to write home about either. Youngblood and Bouncing Off The Walls feel like they should have been Trilogy tracks...and not good Trilogy tracks, either. I'm hoping for a Green Day that's at "full speed ahead" for this next record. Don't mix it like RevRad where you have to adjust the volume mid-song to not lose an eardrum, Don't over-compress it like the Trilogy, and the rest will come(hopefully). 

I hear y'all were interested in what predictions you made in the other thread...

60714308_863478707319474_342300789746905

2 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I hear y'all were interested in what predictions you made in the other thread...

Hm.. looks like I’m still in the running, though 15 songs may have been a bit of wish fulfillment. I’m still hoping. As for RevRad, it has only 11 songs to me because I always turn it off after FN 😄 I still maintain that album was too short so maybe that’s why I was hoping for upwards of 15 next time.  Also if you include the Longshot, the last two albums had recycled tracks from past projects so please give us something that’s 100% new this time and maybe it will sound more cohesive. 

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hm.. looks like I’m still in the running, though 15 songs may have been a bit of wish fulfillment. I’m still hoping. As for RevRad, it has only 11 songs to me because I always turn it off after FN 😄 I still maintain that album was too short so maybe that’s why I was hoping for upwards of 15 next time.  Also if you include the Longshot, the last two albums had recycled tracks from past projects so please give us something that’s 100% new this time and maybe it will sound more cohesive. 

I wonder if Billie will ever record a Green Day version of Love is for Losers

2 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Haha very nice! Is there anyway of pinning this post/graphic or maybe adding it to the first post, so that it doesn't get lost in the countless pages to follow on this thread?

20 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Tre's been a dad for like 20 yrs so idk if he's really going to have anything new to add. 

eta: fuck whitetim beat me to it. this is what I get for not reading the whole thread. 

8 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Right... The leak is definitely real, and the album is called songs for assholes. And, there's a bonus track.... I'm on fire 🔥

10 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Right... The leak is definitely real, and the album is called songs for assholes. And, there's a a bonus track.... I'm on fire 🔥

What is your source?

Edit: Forget what I said 😂

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if Billie will ever record a Green Day version of Love is for Losers

He did. It's called Love is for Losers.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived