Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And plus, if you remember that Instagram livestream, Billie commented saying, “Writing songs for GD” and I think he said once that he’d never go into the studio with an unfinished song. So if you’re prepared, the recording process can go by quickly

He said that in December and although he’s writing all the time, I don’t think he would state something that confidently and definite unless he was almost done writing for an album.  And then they went quiet in January so the timeframe is all consistent with the leak but we have to be careful not to logic it backwards. It’s consistent because this information was out there and anyone could have assumed it. That doesn’t support the leak.

The main thing I question is a June single. Unless they changed their minds about Fall which other sources hinted at or are aiming for a good release time for awards or something June seems too soon to me. Billie also teased recently a 🤔 with photos of the Longshot suggesting some shows maybe (Kevin had mentioned this possibility too a while back).  A June single from GD that required promotion and focus on the band would prevent that I would think. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking back at Billie’s Instagram. Bang Bang came out on August 11th, and Billie announced it on the 1st. So if the leak is right about a mid June single, let’s see what happens on June 1st, which is a week from Saturday!!!

I mean a June single for an August album WOULD mean a big tour in the Fall. So fall as a teased date prior to this would still make sense!

Just got a crazy thought in my head about that Dollywhoop song in the track list leak. If it’s real, I think it may be a play on Hollywood and the song addresses the #MeToo movement. Dolly=Girl Whoop=Sex abuse

LOL you all may have your own theories about this

I hope their single will be a slow-punk song. I think their last slow single was 21 guns.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I hope their single will be a slow-punk song. I think their last slow single was 21 guns.

How about a piano ballad?

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What about The Forgotten? Oh Love? 

Oh Love threw people for a loop. It’s like fans say they want new interesting stuff from the band and then complain when it’s new and different types of material being released.

Anyway. Oh Love. I like that song. Hope they start playing it live again. Hope the new record has different textures and all the feels.

8 minutes ago, Mato said:

What about The Forgotten? Oh Love? 

The Forgotten wasn't their 1st single for the trilogy. Oh Love was. I can agree it was a slow song tho. I just don't really like the song so I guess I just forgot.

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The Forgotten wasn't their 1st single for the trilogy. Oh Love was. I can agree it was a slow song tho. I just don't really like the song so I guess I just forgot.

The Forgotten was also featured on the Twilight movie soundtrack

In all the speculation about releases, I think we need to remember that Billie and Adie have their 25 wedding anniversary and Adie's 50th birthday coming up.  I'm not saying that they would stop stuff happening, but given how much of their family lives have suffered or the guys have missed out on with their massive tours all these years, Billie may well hold off for these two.   

34 minutes ago, jengd said:

In all the speculation about releases, I think we need to remember that Billie and Adie have their 25 wedding anniversary and Adie's 50th birthday coming up.  I'm not saying that they would stop stuff happening, but given how much of their family lives have suffered or the guys have missed out on with their massive tours all these years, Billie may well hold off for these two.   

Suffered? Do you mean the 2012 iHeart meltdown and rehab?

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Musicians by nature miss a lot of family moments because of travel. That is what Jen means by "suffered". 

Sacrificed might be a better word. 

I hope green day releases album very soon, im missing them too much. The trilogy awaiting, and the trilogy era was the best for me.We got to hear songs like amy, carpe diem live before the release

Again, our insiders on GDC both said something is coming in the Fall. Also that LOTAG book and photo book are coming in the Fall. Seems like things are aligning. August isn't the Fall but maybe the tour starting in the Fall after a month of promotion.

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Again, our insiders on GDC both said something is coming in the Fall. Also that LOTAG book and photo book are coming in the Fall. Seems like things are aligning. August isn't the Fall but maybe the tour starting in the Fall after a month of promotion.

Who said it?

Gotta love thits stage of being a Green Day fan, where we manage to convince ourselves the next album is gonna suck, only to listen to the first single and be like "Why did I doubt these guys?" 

I'm taking that 4chan thing with a pinch of salt. Not sure if there was speculation about Butch Walker being the producer before that leak, but if there was then perhaps the person saw an opportunity to claim that the next GD album is going to be poppy, given Butch's recent work with FOB. Who knows. 

Iwas concerned when I saw all the links between Butch Walker and the new album and given some of the things on this thread, I'm satisfied enough to believe he will be the producer. I had a look at a list of albums on Wikipedia (where all truth is) that he is credited in some part with the production of and it was quite an interesting list. 

If the list is true then he has done some fine work in the past, and some that would leave me asking questions for good and bad reasons. Although regarding the recent Fall Out Boy albums, I kind of think they would have turned out like they have regardless of producer. I think FOB have been so hell bent on making the music they are that a producer wouldn't have swayed them.

I'm excited for the new album, hopefully we get some official news soon! 

3 hours ago, Asik said:

Who said it?

People who make fun of us and pretend they Know Things  :P

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No, sorry suffered was perhaps the wrong word, @DadBod was right.  Billie was touring both times Adie was pregnant and they must have missed out so much of their kids lives with all the travel, it is quite a tough life for family I think.

30 minutes ago, jengd said:

No, sorry suffered was perhaps the wrong word, @DadBod was right.  Billie was touring both times Adie was pregnant and they must have missed out so much of their kids lives with all the travel, it is quite a tough life for family I think.

They bring the family along a lot now. Because Mickey isn’t in school yet I’m guessing he’s gonna join them on the whole tour if he can tolerate it (he seems like a pretty laid back baby). Any milestones coming up they can celebrate together on tour. 

One thing I really appreciated with RevRad were the lyric videos. They were all really good (except for Ordinary World) and I hope they continue with well made lyrics videos for this album

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

One thing I really appreciated with RevRad were the lyric videos. They were all really good (except for Ordinary World) and I hope they continue with well made lyrics videos for this album

And back in 2012, I liked that 3D lyric video they did for Oh Love!

So many pages of anticipation to take it!   

Album title could be "F***in ***Holes!"  Hahaha.  

As far as experimentation goes this time around, Yes.  The album should have a mix of Green Day rock, combined with some really weird/experimental/different sounds.  A nice balance of the two would be really cool.   That way the old school fans won't riot, but the old school fans who have heard it all before and want something different - there will be something for them as well.  

A half and half mix of the two would be really great  

F-ing A-holes:   Half poprock, half hell in a handbasket! ALL GREEN DAY!

Seven Green Day rock songs.  

Seven sonic experiments into the far reaches of what Green Day can be.   Green Day can be ANYTHING.  

Either alternating between the two, or two sections totally separate.  Either way would be cool.  

I remember being disappointed because they did lyric videos for ALMOST the whole album, except for like 4 and its so close to doing all of them haha

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived