Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

38 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Most of the criticism I've seen about RevRad is that it was a bit too safe and that some of the lyrics were not that great. Much like myself I find that most people have an understanding as to why they played it safe though, after the Trilogy and all. It's a good album and while I know they can do better it was the perfect thing release at the time imo. For me it brought the feeling of 'Green Day is finally BACK' and I immediately fell in love with the band all over again. I think they're in a good, confident, enough place now to start experimenting and pushing themselves and their sound a bit again. I strongly doubt we'll get something 'too safe' this time and can't wait for this upcoming album! 

Also I completely agree with @CherryBombs&Gasoline and can't believe people actually judge an album by its song titles, should the leak be true. Cringey or not, they don't really say anything about what the song is like. 

And they have already given us great songs in the past with nonsense titles such as, Emeenius Sleepus, Geek Stink Breath, Bab’s Uvula Who?, Do Da Da, etc.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, cav9mm said:

You are complaining that rumoured song titles aren’t as good as you think they should be ?  

You are complaining about song titles of songs that you haven’t heard yet or even know to be actually real ?

nope. I was responding to somebody asking why we're fucked if that's the real tracklisting. I couldn't give a fuck to be honest.

Since the 4chan leak says a single is coming out in June, do you think we’ll have an announcement by this weekend, Memorial Day Weekend?

Like someone else said earlier; didn't we have a previous thread with predictions about the new album? I'd love to read it again and compare it to everyones thoughts now. I'm pretty sure I posted my predictions there too so it would be fun to read but I'm too damn lazy to find it myself. My guess now is some sort of announcement from the band before the end of May, a single in late August or early September and the album coming out in October. This is based on pretty much nothing though so it's 100% bullshit but it's fun to guess! 

4 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Like someone else said earlier; didn't we have a previous thread with predictions about the new album? I'd love to read it again and compare it to everyones thoughts now. I'm pretty sure I posted my predictions there too so it would be fun to read but I'm too damn lazy to find it myself. My guess now is some sort of announcement from the band before the end of May, a single in late August or early September and the album coming out in October. This is based on pretty much nothing though so it's 100% bullshit but it's fun to guess! 

But like I said, the leak says the single will be out in June

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah I know. I have my doubts about the leak though, hence my guess that a single won't come until August at its earliest. It would be nice if the leak turns out to be true regarding the release date but right now I have no faith in that happening.

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But the leak could still be bullshit so feel free to speculate on rumor if you want but it means nothing if it ain’t true. 

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Since the 4chan leak says a single is coming out in June, do you think we’ll have an announcement by this weekend, Memorial Day Weekend?

Since the 4chan leak says June, I'm thinking an announcement will come around August

19 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Whoops, I hadn't seen your post before I made my snarky comment 😄

IMO, it’s pretty much confirmed that something’s coming soon! The clues are all there, Butch Walker’s video in the studio with what looks like Tré’s drums. I think I even recognized one of Billie’s guitars. That SongsForAssholes Instagram profile. And if you look at anything posted by Billie, Mike, Tré, and Adrienne, you will see that Butch likes ALL their pics!!!

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

IMO, it’s pretty much confirmed that something’s coming soon! The clues are all there, Butch Walker’s video in the studio with what looks like Tré’s drums. I think I even recognized one of Billie’s guitars. That SongsForAssholes Instagram profile. And if you look at anything posted by Billie, Mike, Tré, and Adrienne, you will see that Butch likes ALL their pics!!!

Yes I agree that we should get some sort of announcement from the band very soon. I still find the leak on 4chan hard to believe though. 

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Yes I agree that we should get some sort of announcement from the band very soon. I still find the leak on 4chan hard to believe though. 

I’m trying to remember if it was 4Chan that leaked the RevRad tracklist back in 2016

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m trying to remember if it was 4Chan that leaked the RevRad tracklist back in 2016

That was on Instagram.

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wasn't around for that so I don't know. I do know it was after the announcement about a new album was made though unlike this time where there's a leak when we haven't even heard anything from the band themselves. Regardless my point stands; I lean towards not bevlieving the leak but I'm not 100% saying it's bullshit either. I guess we'll just wait and see. 

I don't understand how 4Chan is in any way believable. The site is dank and full of trolls.

Not saying the leak can't be true, but it seems rather unlikely imo.

If nothing else I’m just hoping the more the rumors get out there it may get the band’s attention and spur them to start giving us some real info.  

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't understand how 4Chan is in any way believable. The site is dank and full of trolls.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

But has 4Chan ever been right about anything, I mean, not necessarily Green Day related?

The only real sources we have are theinsider and laughclock, both who said that something was happening in the Fall. I trust them more than anything else we've heard because they've leaked info and been right before. However, I find the idea that someone on 4chan would leak fake info about band no one cares about sort of odd. As far as sounding like FOB, don't forget that early critics said "Oh Love" was Jesus of Suburbia pt 2 and that "Bang Bang" sounded like a Kerplunk track. 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

That really doesn't tell us anything other than they're in the studio. Recording an album can take a long time and we don't know how long they've been in the studio

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That really doesn't tell us anything other than they're in the studio. Recording an album can take a long time and we don't know how long they've been in the studio

And according to the leak, I think it said they started in February and finished up in March

And according to the leak, I think it said they started in February and finished up in March

That seems way too quickly to record an album to me.

I think recording spanned that time at least. If you go by the songsforassholes posts, they started late January and finished early April. 

That Instagram account and the timeframe of its posts is the only thing lending any credibility to the alleged leak.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think recording spanned that time at least. If you go by the songsforassholes posts, they started late January and finished early April. 

And they stopped at 68 posts

25 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That seems way too quickly to record an album to me.

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And plus, if you remember that Instagram livestream from December, Billie commented saying, “Writing songs for GD” and I think he said once that he’d never go into the studio with an unfinished song. So if you’re prepared, the recording process can go by quickly

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived