Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Anyway, getting back to the recording process, it is said they started in February and finished in March. Allegedly, the first single will be out in June and the album will drop in August!! Anybody have any guesses on when we’ll get the first official announcement?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Anyway, getting back to the recording process, it is said they started in February and finished in March. Allegedly, the first single will be out in June and the album will drop in August!! Anybody have any guesses on when we’ll get the first official announcement?

Where and how did you find this out if it’s true!?

Just now, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Where and how did you find this out if it’s true!?

Good question lol.

What's the source? 

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Good question lol.

What's the source? 

I think they’re referring to the 4chan “leak” which at least as of now there’s nothing to support it. 

Anyway, getting back to the recording process, it is said they started in February and finished in March. 

I'm sure the recording process would take longer than 2 months...

Where's that thread where we predicted the number of songs on the next album, longest song length and title etc? 

I wanna go back and see what I put!! 

(still obviously only speculating..😜

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

I'm sure the recording process would take longer than 2 months...

If they already had the songs written before recording it could easily take 2 months, maybe even less

Alright I'm bored so I'll attempt to predict what every "alleged" new song on the album is about

1.Burn it all

- a political song about burning down the us government or something OR a song about burning down all perceived notions about the band in some explosive opening track

2. Don't patronize me

- song about how bja feels like people are just overly nice to him because he's famous? Not sure.

3. Antisocial media

- song about how much bja hates social media example Instagram

4. Average Workin Man

- song about how it sucks to be the in the middle class as an average working man lol OR a song about bja's own personal experiences trying to be an average non Rockstar working man.

5. Dollywhoop

- light-hearted fun throw away song about nothing to important like bouncing off the wall for instance, unless dollywhoop is an actual word that means something

6. Broken bridge 

- about a ruined relationship with someone or something (like the government? I'm just trying to get into billies head lmao.)

7. Peace 

- how we all need to find peace with each other despite our differences

8. As the world turns

- song about the disarray in the current world

9. Rome Falls

- a song comparing the fall of Rome to the hypothetical fall of America. (Last 3 songs seem kind of same maybe they are sort of connected like holiday and bobd.)

10. Puppydog crush

- probably another ode to his wife

11. The jury and the judge

- song about how obvious guilty people get away with crimes due to fame or money

12. Take a Stand

- song about sticking it to the man, maaaan

13. Orange Summer

- anti trump closer song OR nostalgic closing song about summers in Orange county CA.

So far we have:

Denial - "it can't be named Songs For Assholes, that just can't be it"

Anger - "i'll be pissed if it sounds like FOB"

Bargaining - "the tracklisting looks okay but maybe the leak is wrong about the album being bad"

We still have depression and acceptance to go.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

So far we have:

Anger - "i'll be pissed if it sound like FOB"

Bargaining - "the tracklisting looks okay but maybe the leak is wrong about the album being bad"

I'm depressed it's not out yet

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

So far we have:

Anger - "i'll be pissed if it sound like FOB"

Depression comes with the first single

34 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Because my hopes have sunk so far, I honestly hope anything will positively surprise me at this point haha :lol:

I really hope Billie doesn't believe he's kind of a political prophet and they should make another big political statement. Because in recent times when he starts making lyrics about politics he forgets that the subtle things exist in this world, that there is no Good vs Evil, and that writing good lyrics doesn't mean writing evident and overused slogans. The times of "American Idiot" are over - now everybody disses Trump - and I don't see how Billie can make it with creativity based on his Instagram posts and interviews. The song called "Antisocial Media" scares me much more than Green Day going full FOB, because the latter can't be true (even flirting with pop Green Day always has this distinctive Green Day charm that no one can replicate) while the first is very believable. 

57 minutes ago, Joe. said:

You're right :(

24 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Because my hopes have sunk so far, I honestly hope anything will positively surprise me at this point haha :lol:

Aaaand....here comes depression! :lol:

Am I the only one who doesn't seriously question Billie's ability to write good songs/make a good album? :lol: Everyone's so cynical. 

Just now, Hermione said:

Am I the only one who doesn't seriously question Billie's ability to write good songs/make a good album? :lol: Everyone's so cynical. 

I have faith in Billie being able to write good songs. Thats my whole reason for him experimenting, he's clearly got the talent to do something interesting. A good album though? Not sure based on the producer and the bands releases post 21stCB

Why wouldn't we question billie joe though after that dreadful trilogy, a just okay revrad and a forgettable longshot album? It's all subjective of course you can love these albums all you want. Thing is many fans in here and even more casual fans agree that green day haven't been that good after 21st.

This track list is obviously fake imo though. Full of cliché tittles that green day could have.

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Alright I'm bored so I'll attempt to predict what every "alleged" new song on the album is about

Well I looked up Dollywhoop. Not a real word as far as I can tell. But I did get a hit on Urban Dictionary for 'dollywhopped'.

It's, umm....if it's real, then it might have fit lyrically on Dos. But given the definition, let's just say I'm skeptical. See for yourself.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

You're his only true disciple :lol:

Personally I'm hoping for some experimentation and a more unexpected album than RevRad was (although I like RevRad). However, I'm worried what we're going to get since the producer's work with other bands is mostly bland music wrapped in a trendy pop production and that's literally the only thing I don't want to hear. Plus even though I like Longshot and RevRad and don't think the Trilogy is 100% horrible, I have to agree that Billie hasn't been at his songwriting peak this decade. Or I don't know, even if I like the records they miss something the older ones had. Can't really put my finger on it but they just don't have the same spark.

And tbh everyone acting like the leak is real is freaking me out. Please let's just pretend it doesn't exist hahaha

IMHO this tracklist is real as much as Pepe the frog replacing the Drunk Bunny on stage :D   

38 minutes ago, petros said:

Why wouldn't we question billie joe though after that dreadful trilogy, a just okay revrad and a forgettable longshot album? It's all subjective of course you can love these albums all you want. Thing is many fans in here and even more casual fans agree that green day haven't been that good after 21st.

This track list is obviously fake imo though. Full of cliché tittles that green day could have.

Trilogy was good. Brutal love is one of thr best songs billie has written. The forgotten, missing you were killers too. Revrad was good. Billie still has it

6 minutes ago, Asik said:

Trilogy was good. Brutal love is one of thr best songs billie has written. The forgotten, missing you were killers too. Revrad was good. Billie still has it

The trilogy had its moments and could've been a good 12 track album, but it wasn't.

1 hour ago, petros said:

Well yeah anyone can have the opinion that Green Day hasn't been as good after 21st CB. This is the first time I'm seeing that treated as if it's a widely accepted truth that like 99% of people believe though lol. Like, after Rev Rad I didn't get an everyone thinks Billie is past it now vibe so I dunno why it suddenly seems that way just because it appears the new album's round the corner. Not criticising anyone for their individual opinion but it's just weird that suddenly seems to be the collective pov.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Well yeah anyone can have the opinion that Green Day hasn't been as good after 21st CB. This is the first time I'm seeing that treated as if it's a widely accepted truth that like 99% of people believe though lol. Like, after Rev Rad I didn't get an everyone thinks Billie is past it now vibe so I dunno why it suddenly seems that way just because it appears the new album's round the corner. Not criticising anyone for their individual opinion but it's just weird that suddenly seems to be the collective pov.

Yes the fact that it seems to be a common opinion surprises me too. I think it has to do with the RevRad putting our expectations up again. After trilogy everyone just wanted a solid record. RevRad delivered that but now we're like "don't fuck up or!!!" and that means expectations are higher.

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Think it's just come about now the dust has settled around RevRad and its being viewed a tad more subjectively, rather than just everyone being grateful for another Green Day release.

I don't think Billie's finished or past it, I do think he's been more miss than hit over the last two releases by the band. He can certainly change that, but thats not going to happen by churning out some uninspired rehash of what he's done for the last decade.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes the fact that it seems to be a common opinion surprises me too. I think it has to do with the RevRad putting our expectations up again. After trilogy everyone just wanted a solid record. RevRad delivered that but now we're like "don't fuck up or!!!" and that means expectations are higher.

Idk, RevRad kinda made me doubt Billie a tad. Like the trilogy clearly had other factors that influenced the writing, but RevRad just seemed mediocre to me.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived