Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

2 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Nobody says that account is  about some music project. It can be an account that includes vacation photos that all wants to share between themselves.

Are you really speculating about speculating? 

I think we’ve made it pretty clear that we try to avoid speculation about the band members’ families, health, personal lives, etc. If information surfaced that’s suggested this account fell under those guidelines, we wouldn’t allow speculation to continue, but there is no evidence of that yet. 

For now, it isn’t unreasonable to expect an account with “songs” in the title is about new songs. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I think we’ve made it pretty clear that we try to avoid speculation about the band members’ families, health, personal lives, etc. If information surfaced that’s suggested this account fell under those guidelines, we wouldn’t allow speculation to continue, but there is no evidence of that yet. 

If you tend a blind eye to the speculations in this thread, I just feel sorry for you.  :SYour saying speculation is forbidden and at the same time people are speculating in the thread. Crazy.

Just now, Savannah89 said:

If you tend a blind eye to the speculations in this thread, I just feel sorry for you.  :SYour saying speculation is forbidden and at the same time people are speculating in the thread. Crazy.

Not really, pretty sure they’re saying that speculation is fine as it appears to be music related, if it looks like it’s a personal thing then speculation should stop.

For the record I think it’s very plausible that this is an account for them while they’re writing/demoing 

I mean if people found it by regularly checking who Billie follows that's a bit odd, but it probably came up on the following activity page. Either way, there's a huge difference between discussing an account his public profile is following and speculating about private things he's never mentioned.

1 minute ago, solongfromthestars said:

I mean if people found it by regularly checking who Billie follows that's a bit odd, but it probably came up on the following activity page. Either way, there's a huge difference between discussing an account his public profile is following and speculating about private things he's never mentioned.

It came up for me in my notifications where it shows when accounts I follow like, comment and start following posts and other accounts. I saw it said “billiejoearmstrong is following songsforassholes” and wondered what it was and stumbled on it that way.  

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

It came up for me in my notifications where it shows when accounts I follow like, comment and start following posts and other accounts. I saw it said “billiejoearmstrong is following songsforassholes” and wondered what it was and stumbled on it that way.  

That's how I saw it too. Also showed up in my feed when Tre, Mike and Brittney followed it. 

Is there something you have to turn on for that? I've never seen anything like that, and I've noticed other times that people can see when one account likes a post by another account. Or am I not looking in the right place? I've had instagram for years but I still feel like I don't know it very well :lol: 

Edit: nevermind, I think I just found it!

1 minute ago, DeJennsitized said:

Is there something you have to turn on for that? I've never seen anything like that, and I've noticed other times that people can see when one account likes a post by another account. Or am I not looking in the right place? I've had instagram for years but I still feel like I don't know it very well :lol: 

On your tablet/phone, click the little heart at the bottom, then click "following". That's where likes/follows/comments by accounts shows up. It doesn't show everything that they do, though.

Just now, DadBod said:

On your tablet/phone, click the little heart at the bottom, then click "following". That's where likes/follows/comments by accounts shows up. It doesn't show everything that they do, though.

I just discovered this and now I'm a little weirded out that it's a thing :lol: oh well, it can be useful for discovering posts/accounts you might not have come across otherwise.

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

Either way, there's a huge difference between discussing an account his public profile is following and speculating about private things he's never mentioned.

This depends on the private things. A cold or his adhd is nothing really personal when he gave public information about it/or you can see it.

A private account set only for family members whatever it's about  is personal.

I wonder why people allow to have the account name here, while they would block the name of his private profile faster than you can see.

Who do you think is the owner of the private account? Right, it's BJA. And who says to you that it's about songs just because the account name is songsforasses.

Long shot isn't about a long shot too and it's called longshot.

There are private people following this account that have nothing to do with the music industry, so I wouldn't be that sure.

Also he made it clear that he doesn't want to have fans looking for it or why else do you think he wrote : If you're knocking you don't belong here!!! :fuckyou:

Surely not because he looks out for inquisitive fans.

However, I'm gonna leave that. Just know what I think about the whole censorship on here. =/

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

I just discovered this and now I'm a little weirded out that it's a thing :lol: oh well, it can be useful for discovering posts/accounts you might not have come across otherwise.

At least you have to actively go to it to see them. On twitter, peoples likes just appear in your feed.

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

Me too! I had no idea that this is a thing... Now I will have another thing to check :lol: 

@Savannah89 I've said the same in our PM but it's not all speculation about anything that isn't allowed on here. It's speculation about the band member's personal lives or otherwise prying too much into their personal lives that isn't allowed. Speculating about music related stuff isn't usually a problem. I hope that's clear now.

Now if people started talking about trying to harass this account or any of the band or anyone they know or trying to "investigate" it in other invasive ways then it would be a problem. But as it stands it's just a case of noticing they're following what sounds like a music related account and going hmm maybe it's something like with the Longshot account, and nothing more. If it turns out to be something they're doing with music then cool, if it doesn't then no harm was done by the publicly displayed account name being mentioned here, so I don't see a problem.

I love how people are debating this when Matt basically gave away that it's something music related earlier. You guys suck at picking up hints.

It's your decision to keep the thread up, even if I can't really follow your arguments. 

I don't share your opinion and evaluate this account as private, that's why I think it's pure capriciousness, but however :confused:

Damn either the band better come up with new music, fast or people better pick a more active band

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I love how people are debating this when Matt basically gave away that it's something music related earlier. You guys suck at picking up hints.

Or we’re not taking a vague post from a forum member as gospel 

12 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Or we’re not taking a vague post from a forum member as gospel 

Matt's connected. Have faith.

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Matt's connected. Have faith.

Good to know but it’s not gonna stop speculation :lol: 

Lol Matt pretended to have information about The Longshot that he didn't have so idk why we should trust him.

8 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

It is. It only follows family members. Trust me ;)

Since you are a mod and I'm just a member it doesn't matter what my opinion is, but I will give it anyway. :whistle

The account songsforassholes only follows members of the band and it's private with the headline: If you're knocking you don't belong here.

So, it's not for the public eye.

How more private does it have to be?  

You told me not to speculate and I accepted it. At the same time I'm finding this thread with speculations all over.

At the same time I'm flagged for asking about Billie getting a cold last year what is really obvious after I saw a public video or talking about his ADHD, what he also mentioned in several articles.

Nobody says that account is  about some music project. It can be an account that includes vacation photos that all wants to share between themselves.

As far as only family members follow it, it should kept private and that's why I don't understand that this really private issue is discussed on here while other things that are not private pretends to be a private issue.

Censorship? Capriciousness?

Songsforassholes is not following any GD members they follow 3 people and none of them are GD or GD family members 

GD and GD family members are following songsforassholes but not the other way around 

why do you need to know everything anyway. shut up and listen to some records.

10 minutes ago, papa said:

why do you need to know everything anyway. shut up and listen to some records.

We don’t need to we just want to 😄 We’ve listened to all the records, love them and want more 🙂

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived