Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Songsforassholes is a private page that was found on billie’s Instagram follow list. Followed by mike and tre too, and their wives. Anyone think this could be leading towards something eventually? Or maybe it’s just a private way of sharing what they’re recording? 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$20 says they have it because they don't know about the group function in messenger. I'd advice to stop worrying about it

Dammit I was kind of hoping this would stay private. It’s probably a way to share studio pics and clips amongst themselves since it’s been there for a couple of months now and was updated weekdays pretty regularly.  Stay away and leave them to it.

(Although I must admit I would be very pleased if Songs for Assholes was the name of the new album. Genius. If nothing else it might be a fairly apt working title and an idea of what we can expect it to sound like.)

I noticed it a few weeks back.  I still think it might be something.  I like that it says something like, "If you're knocking, you don't belong here."  I would not be surprised if it turned into something.  It's worth keeping eye on it!

Same, saw it around the 1st of March, but didn’t want to draw attention to it since it private. 

But! This isn’t the longshot so don’t go harassing the account to get access. They clearly want it private for a reason. 

7 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Same, saw it around the 1st of March, but didn’t want to draw attention to it since it private. 

But! This isn’t the longshot so don’t go harassing the account to get access. They clearly want it private for a reason. 

I agree but to be fair you never know with him what is going to turn into a little game.  The Longshot was private for a while too and getting in was kind of the point and half the fun. He may decide to do something like that again even if I don’t think he’s doing it here.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree but to be fair you never know with him what is going to turn into a little game.  The Longshot was private for a while too and getting in was kind of the point and half the fun. He may decide to do something like that again even if I don’t think he’s doing it here.

The longshot thing was fun. Granted I followed before he made it private, but the tease and the hunt for what that was, was entertaining! 

Time will tell if this is a tease account or just a inner circle account. 

12 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Give it some time 🙂

Love when you guys say things like this. It's exciting and comforting...like a lover's touch.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Love when you guys say things like this. It's exciting and comforting...like a lover's touch.

😂 I sure did miss this place

Yeah this is definitely something. Billie knows what he's doing now with this private instagram tease strategy.

It cracks me up that they are naming the account they are (maybe) using to share pics from the studio etc. songsforassholes as said songs are most likely for us.. the assholes.  

6 hours ago, SumDay said:

It cracks me up that they are naming the account they are (maybe) using to share pics from the studio etc. songsforassholes as said songs are most likely for us.. the assholes.  

I didn’t think of it that way 😂 I was thinking of it as songs about assholes.

6 hours ago, SumDay said:

37 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I didn’t think of it that way 😂 I was thinking of it as songs about assholes.

I was thinking he named it that because "we're assholes", as in the band themselves. But we fans can be assholes too. 

or it could be in reference to what he's writing about (media, fans, politicians, people in his life - past and present, himself.)

11 minutes ago, DadBod said:

or it could be in reference to what he's writing about (media, fans, politicians, people in his life - past and present, himself.)

I think this, like American Idiot pointing the finger at himself as much as others. As a society we’re all assholes, if not on an individual level. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I love a good mystery. All I have to offer up is that their profile pic is a Captain Harlock skull pin. Now besides referencing the manga/anime where it originates, the skull and crossbones has taken up usage in the punk community after it was notably donned by Glenn Danzig of the Misfits.

tumblr_mjdk2w3h9a1qd3fj1o1_500.jpg

Does this mean anything? I don't know. More Misfits covers would be cool though.

29 minutes ago, Mega Man said:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I love a good mystery. All I have to offer up is that their profile pic is a Captain Harlock skull pin. Now besides referencing the manga/anime where it originates, the skull and crossbones has taken up usage in the punk community after it was notably donned by Glenn Danzig of the Misfits.

Does this mean anything? I don't know. More Misfits covers would be cool though.

The profile pic is a close up of his pin and jacket from this pic:

I'm really surprised that this thread is up and gets tolerated since I was told they don't allow speculation here (to me this is speculation)  and I asked normal questions that were flagged as too private.

Isn't this a bit private either? 

Looks like different rules for different memebers, huh.

:whistle

35 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Looks like different rules for different memebers, huh.

:whistle

Definitely. When I started a thread in your style I got a warning 10 seconds from posting.

I think the difference here is that this is speculation that they might have made a new music project, similar to how it was with The Longshot's instagram. Not speculation about personal lives, and not trying to reveal the name of a band member's private page or the identity of a private page, rather just noticing the publicly available info that they're following what looks like a music related page. 

45 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

The account is not following Billie or Mike or Tre 

It is. It only follows family members. Trust me ;)

53 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think the difference here is that this is speculation that they might have made a new music project, similar to how it was with The Longshot's instagram. Not speculation about personal lives, and not trying to reveal the name of a band member's private page or the identity of a private page, rather just noticing the publicly available info that they're following what looks like a music related page. 

Since you are a mod and I'm just a member it doesn't matter what my opinion is, but I will give it anyway. :whistle

The account songsforassholes only follows members of the band and it's private with the headline: If you're knocking you don't belong here.

So, it's not for the public eye.

How more private does it have to be?  

You told me not to speculate and I accepted it. At the same time I'm finding this thread with speculations all over.

At the same time I'm flagged for asking about Billie getting a cold last year what is really obvious after I saw a public video or talking about his ADHD, what he also mentioned in several articles.

Nobody says that account is  about some music project. It can be an account that includes vacation photos that all wants to share between themselves.

As far as only family members follow it, it should kept private and that's why I don't understand that this really private issue is discussed on here while other things that are not private pretends to be a private issue.

Censorship? Capriciousness?

Could be wrong but I think it's music speculation because the username is "songsforassholes" 

Not much to speculate on though since no one has access...yet

Longshot doesn't mean a long shot too and his private account doesn't have his name too. ;) songsforassholes doesn't mean that it's really about songs.

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived