GD and children

Savannah89

I hope the thread is okay. 

I read a quote saying: Billie isn't a good role model and that children cried after they were on stage.

I don't agree with that. To me: All members of green day seem to treat children in a good way and seem to be really responsible when it comes to children being on stage.

And you could also see it in the public photos the bos posted.

I just wanted to say that they are a family friendly band.

Some years back I was seeing a video from a show where a toddler (I don't lie  saying the kid was around 3 or 4) was brought on stage and Billie saw it and he was like: Bring a small child that is out of diapers.

Seeing that the kid was too young he told the security to bring this kid back to his parents.

And there are also videos where he broke up fights.

I don't know any other band member that would do this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe but not in front of children.

MCCartney did the same when he was younger and had many kids and was  and is a good parent.

On stage BJA seems really kind to kids.

All is relative, I suppose. Who is a good role model is pretty much based on what you value as good qualities, or what you admire in a person. And that's different for most people. I would say that they are good role models, but again, that's just me.  

I'm sure they are all friendly to children, as most of us are. But it doesn't really say anything about a person.

I'm sure they are all friendly to children, as most of us are. But it doesn't really say anything about a person.

You can also discuss this argument. I work with children daily and I can tell you that there are people on planet earth that better don't have children or interact

I've seen children being abused in different ways really badly because of my job and I wouldn't agree by saying that it doesn't really say anything about a person.

To me it tells a lot about a person how he/she handles children or animals.  But it's just my opinion.

I couldn't imagine Billie, Mike or Tré giving a smack to a kid or beating it up, so it has scars and bruises.

All is relative, I suppose. Who is a good role model is pretty much based on what you value as good qualities, or what you admire in a person. And that's different for most people. I would say that they are good role models, but again, that's just me.  

I agree with you on that.

I don't trust people who treat children and animals badly. Says a lot about them how they behave to someone who can't defend themselves.

Same here.  Once I've seen a kid that was beaten up  really badly by a parent ( I work for a youth facility or DCFS how you  in the U.S call it.)  Bruises and scars all over the tinny body.

And then I've had the parent in front of my desk. Totally emotionless and cold. No face expression, just coldness. 

The person was not even able to speak with the kid in a normal way.  

In the opposite I've seen a bunch of people that are really kind to children and who give them security and a shelter.

In my opinion it tells a lot about people considering how they deal with children.

When you look at the photo with Billie feeding Mikey or when you look at videos where he saves kids on stage you can see that he has a big heart and is really kind.

Sure you can discuss how someone who's smoking weed is a role model, but I think I know that it's not the best thing and I remember a public quote where he said: It's not good when you have children and bottles in the house /drugs or something. He knows it.

Once I had a case where a child had been eaten the substitute medication of his dad accidently and it didn't end well.    This parent didn't know or better he didn't want to know.

Omg. Where does this come from?

😪😪😤

I didn't want to discuss the role model thing. I wanted to discuss that they are really kind to children and a family friendly band.

Well we know how much they love animals and just look at the recent pictures of Billie with Mickey.  You can't fake that.

And how they interact with the crowd and also the public pictures with family and their kids they posted.

Where do you find a bandleader that interrupts a concert when someone fights or fall down?

1 hour ago, Savannah89 said:

And how they interact with the crowd and also the public pictures with family and their kids they posted.

Where do you find a bandleader that interrupts a concert when someone fights or fall down?

Actually the Interrupters have done it.  I was just at a show where there were several young kids getting crushed in the pit and Aimee stopped the show to ask security to bring them all onstage to watch safely from the wings. I’m sure they can’t be the only bands that look out for their audience but of course it’s nice when Green Day does it. 

The evidence doesn't look good

Really though I think it's obvious to see the band are great with kids, the way they interact with them at shows is so considerate and friendly and they're always encouraging young people to be creative and follow their dreams, and we see them being great with their own kids too.

Why does this even need to be confirmed? Of course they're good with kids. Just look at any of their shows or how they've treated any kid ever. They're kind, patient, encouraging, inspiring, and so much more. Any kid would be lucky to meet them and interact with them.

The evidence doesn't look good

But he didn't do something wrong. We don't know if the kid was hungry or something else. Kids at this age are often scared of strangers.

Why does this even need to be confirmed?

Because it was discussed somewhere that they are not good role models or make kids cry on stage. 

’m sure they can’t be the only bands that look out for their audience but of course it’s nice when Green Day does it. 

Maybe. I've seen bands that kept the show going without interrupting. I won't give names to not insult anybody, but there could have died someone in front of them (and it later really happened) and they did nothing. 

Maybe he just didn't want to put up with such a small kid. It's not an "oh yuck I hate children" thing, but he probably needed someone old enough to do whatever the kid was needed for, not sure if saving or playing guitar :P but either could be hard to do with a toddler.

He replaced the toddler in diapers with another child. So yes, you might be right.

I still love this video. He mentioned this kid in a post on instagram later.

I think there is tons of evidence that all the band members are great with kids.  Billie and Adie have obviously raised two really great boys and while we don't see much about Mike and Tre's older children, we do see enough that it looks like they have good relationships with them, which can be tough as divorced dads.  I love the footage of Billie with Brixton, and to me it clearly shows how to  Brixton, Uncle Billie was a safe place to go in front of all that crowd, just look their body language. 

@Savannah89 If you want to visit the fangirl thread, somewhere in there is a good bit of adoration over how sweet the guys are with kids, and how hot they are with them.  And yes, we know us girls are genetically programmed to go mushy over attractive men with small children but that doesn't mean we aren't still enjoying it! 😉

Indeed, their body language is really interesting. 

And I love how Billie looks at Mike before Brixton runs back. His face expression is like: He's having fun. You have a smart and cute little boy.

They are just communicating with views. 😍

Yes, it's some genetically thing, that we love men that are nice to children. Maybe because it's the sign for us that it would be good for further generations. (I don't mean Billie, but in general. Men communicating with small children is really cute)

Totally agree, the looks between Billie and Mike say so much, about them and their relationship and their feelings about each other's children,  and if further proof were needed.  

3 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Endorphine shock right here.  I'm dying right now

😍😍😍

Someone's been reading your thread! 😉

1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Someone's been reading your thread! 😉

Don't give me a heart attack. Honestly: You might be right. He's secretly wandering around on gdc and spying on what we are doing here 😤

Had the same feeling some years ago. 

By the way:  Video should have contained a spoiler warning: Careful. You could die of cuteness. This video is amazing 💘

(My eggs are melting) 👌

Men that are good with children get me like 😍

What I love about Billie when he brings kids on stage is that he doesn't force a hug in any way. It's so common for adults to be like "come on now, give x a hug". This happens especially with relatives but really with pretty much anyone. It's like everyone forgets that kids, just like adults, should get to decide for themselves about those kinds of things and I hate that. From what I've seen Billie never initiates a hug but instead waits to see what the kid wants to do. 

Yes, he's really careful and human when he interacts with kids.

I like how he changes his voice to speak in baby language when he cuddles Mikey or at those videos with his own kids when they were babies.

I think it also has to do with the fact that he grew up around many children. Armstrongs are a family full of children so he always was surrounded by grown ups.

He was also teaching little league when one of his sons were young.

Since this morning I always have this picture in my mind: Imagine a kid getting hurt at football and he would put a bandaid on his knee. 

Archived