Khaleesi.

GDC is Shutting Down

Christian's Inferno!

Yeah this is obviously an April Fools. No way this would be announced on April Fools

The Bellie

It's the shutdown trend :P I honestly believed it before I realized it was April 1st (which I had already realized one first time when waking up, though!)

For the 1% chance this is true, I will miss everyone... and GDC, give back the 20$ I donated for you once! :P

Honestly last year the Longshot sect joke was awesome, especially as it came after Billie's terrorizing little game with his Longshot account on instagram. Special memories on the forum, this was one of them, as well as getting to watch GD at the Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube in 2017, thanks to the forum.

I wonder what other April fool jokes GDC has made, the previous years? :D

Adorkable

This one is too obvious. Start working on next year

GreenDayBootlegs2010

250816.jpg

Hermione
45 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

We didn't think it would be right to do an April Fool's joke this year in this time of mourning, but you sadly missed this one just before you joined

hezOqVu.png

• Haha 1

DeJennsitized

Why wait til the end of the week? Just shut it down now 

Yosuke Hanamura
4 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Both sites were down for several days in December because we did not pay the bill...

Oh, yes. I remember now..

BeachBum
2 hours ago, The Bellie said:

It's the shutdown trend :P I honestly believed it before I realized it was April 1st (which I had already realized one first time when waking up, though!)

For the 1% chance this is true, I will miss everyone... and GDC, give back the 20$ I donated for you once! :P

Honestly last year the Longshot sect joke was awesome, especially as it came after Billie's terrorizing little game with his Longshot account on instagram. Special memories on the forum, this was one of them, as well as getting to watch GD at the Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube in 2017, thanks to the forum.

To think that Longshot account is still around and logs in from time to time!

Khaleesi.
22 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Why wait til the end of the week? Just shut it down now 

We wanted to give everyone a chance to say bye :( and maybe spam one last time 

• Thanks 2

Yosuke Hanamura
35 minutes ago, Alf said:

If this is really real, do a crowdfunding to raise the money. We did it with Green Day Brasil to get our site back and it worked way better than we was expecting.

There is no world without GDC, don't let the site die, for all the god's sake

Give this comment all the likes, hearts, etc. to spark attention.

herewegoagain
13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

that's good news - this shithole can rot

tumblr-ouzkj79-Pr-A1u0sr9fo2-250.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Libertine Angel

Couldn't y'all just consolidate everything into a single Thread to cut costs like you did for that other Very Obvious April Fools' Prank?

• Haha 1

Emilie

my heart skipped a fucking beat

• Like 1

Ritz

I really hope this is a joke.

• Like 2

Joe.
7 hours ago, Daddy. said:

Also, it's pretty much a dick move upsetting people too. :thumbsup: 

If people don't recognise this as an April Fool's thing thats on them, not the forum.

• Like 4

Ritz

Btw, 7 years old in GDC years and the best prank to be pulled was the Nickelback forums. Absolutely loved it!

• Like 2

LaughingClock
11 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Hello everyone, 

It is with an extremely heavy heart that we announce that GDC will be permanently shut down by the end of the week. 

Over the last 14 and a half years, GDC has grown to be an integral part of the Green Day family. Unfortunately, with rising server costs and more frequent periods of inactivity, the forum is no longer sustaining itself.  Even with user donations, we have been finding it harder and harder to make ends meet each month. 

Because of this, we have made the very difficult decision to shut the forum down. 

We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. We wouldn’t have grown into this amazing community without you all! We hope that you can use this thread to share your favourite memories of the forum and celebrate a life well lived! 

Rage & Love, 

The Mod Team

Haven’t read the thread but I’m calling big time BS. Yes, lol @ anyone who actually believes this. 

Nice try K. ;)

• Like 3

Green Day In Seattle

I’m now choosing to believe everyone who is saying this is actually an elaborate April Fool’s prank to make myself feel better. Becuse I really don’t think it is. Every time I woke up in the night I remembered and immediately got depressed.

Please let this be a joke! If it’s not, for fuck’s sake do a crowd funding thing or something! Your donations came through last time! I would be more than happy to donate again if need be. There’s really no reason to let this site die.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I’m now choosing to believe everyone who is saying this is actually an elaborate April Fool’s prank

I wouldn't say it's elaborate, I think it's a "look there's a fly on your nose ApRiL fOoLs heeeheeeheee" kind of joke :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Green Day In Seattle
1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wouldn't say it's elaborate, I think it's a "look there's a fly on your nose ApRiL fOoLs heeeheeeheee" kind of joke :lol:

Well, for someone like me who immediately assumes the worst and catastrophizes everything in my life, it works. So I hope you’re right.

fukingcounterstrike
10 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm too sad right now :( 

I guess I'll go spam up the forum to distract myself from my sadness 😕 

Christian's Inferno!

How are so many people believing this obvious April Fools joke

• Haha 1