Pre-order new Green Day photo book by Bob Gruen

pacejunkie punk

Finally!  Was hoping this would be out in time for Christmas, and I think that Christmas 2017, had about given up on it 😂 - order placed :banana:

• Like 1

Oooooh! I love his Bob Gruen's photos! I'm always sad that they're so small so this will be nice!

How cool is this? His shots were great! 

Anyway what happened actually to the cancelled Green Day book back in 2010 or something?

20 hours ago, Eric said:

Cool I guess if your desperate to spend money on something Green Day...

Yep, that would be me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s the “quotes and commentary throughout” from the band that I’m interested in. I love when they tell stories we haven’t heard. Hopefully there will be some good ones to go with the photos. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wow that cover must have taken whole 10 seconds to make :lol:

That’s what I thought. Horrible cover design. I hope the inside is better designed. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up since Billie just posted about it.

Amazon says it will be available in the US August 27

The amazon page also has the back cover image with a picture from RevRad and a quote from Billie on the back.

21 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Ok, preordering now! The current price has me 😍

It keeps going down too

• Like 2

When I first glimpsed at it I thought it was a fan made book by a 12 year old. Sorry Bob! It's the font.

1 hour ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

When I first glimpsed at it I thought it was a fan made book by a 12 year old. Sorry Bob! It's the font.

Same. It doesn't fit with the cover photo at all. Looks like a bad graphic design job. 

I preordered a copy, hopefully “don't judge a book by its cover” will be a valid statement also in this case :D 

• Like 1

I made my order with Book Depository (no Amazon in Denmark 😭) and I just got the notification that it has already been released by the publisher and is on its way to the warehouse 😮 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J a c said:

I made my order with Book Depository (no Amazon in Denmark 😭) and I just got the notification that it has already been released by the publisher and is on its way to the warehouse 😮 

Well that's exciting!  Hope we get it soon!

Amazon can sometimes be funny with their release dates. With the Turn It Around dvd I ended up cancelling my order because they kept delaying the ship date when 1234Go! Records had it already. But books are the one thing amazon does well so hopefully when they say Aug 27 they mean it. 

I have noticed even though my pre-order is guaranteed at the lowest price (which at one point was $16.50 so that’s what I’m being charged when it ships) the price on the book if you look it up now is back to the full retail of $24.99. I’ve never seen the price go back up like that.