Pre-order new Green Day photo book by Bob Gruen

pacejunkie punk

Mine came today. It’s still in the amazon box, unopened in my car. I’ll have to wait to look at it Monday.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2019 at 2:59 AM, jengd said:

Just got my digital version and it’s awesome!  If you are in any doubt that you’ll love this, don’t worry.  For those who didn’t like the cover, wait til you see the whole book, it fits.  Great pics, quite a few new to me and some for fans to geek out about - not going to spoil anything but hope you all love it.  Really want the printed one now!

I love it too and i think the cover is hot. The book captures the fact that they are nuts but in a good way

• Like 1

Is it ok now to say I love Billie’s intro, how totally Billie and GD it is and I love how they reproduced it, Bob really gets them.  I also love the variety to their comments. 

• Like 4

Yay my book arrived today from Amazon.  10 days early so it's a great surprise! I am so excited to look through it shortly

• Like 3

Mine says that it just shipped! Was supposed to be here on the 27th of August, but it got delayed. I'll be so happy when I finally get it!

I thought the book was ok. Not as good as I had expected. Most of the pics have been seen before. Most of the pics were from 2009/2010 era

For band that has been around for almost 3 decades, I just thought there would be more variety.... Still enjoyed it.

39 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

I thought the book was ok. Not as good as I had expected. Most of the pics have been seen before. Most of the pics were from 2009/2010 era

For band that has been around for almost 3 decades, I just thought there would be more variety.... Still enjoyed it.

It was limited by the amount of contacts Bob had with the band. He was only at a handful of shows and events outside of that 2009-2010 period. It’s all the work of one photographer. That said I had wished he had gotten better pics from the 1994 MSG after party and the Hall of Fame induction since he clearly was there.

• Like 3

I wish there had been more new Foxies pics.  The great majority in there were ones we've seen before.   I also found it weird that he mentioned Jason, Jason, Jeff, and even Ronnie Blake, but didn't mention Kevin in the chapter on the FBHT.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was limited by the amount of contacts Bob had with the band. He was only at a handful of shows and events outside of that 2009-2010 period. It’s all the work of one photographer. That said I had wished he had gotten better pics from the 1994 MSG after party and the Hall of Fame induction since he clearly was there.

I know right? it was marketed like lots of never before seen pics from different eras and it just wasn't😪

I got my book! I'm so happy! I've only had time to read the first few pages and the adorably handwritten introduction so far, but I'm looking forward to going through more of it tomorrow.

• Like 3

On 9/5/2019 at 4:50 PM, Montclare said:

I wish there had been more new Foxies pics.  The great majority in there were ones we've seen before.   I also found it weird that he mentioned Jason, Jason, Jeff, and even Ronnie Blake, but didn't mention Kevin in the chapter on the FBHT.

Yeah that is strange. Also Kurt who was them for many years, wasn't mentioned at all either. And he said Bob took plenty of pics of them when he was with them for 5+ years.

Mine has arrived - I used work address as I'm there 5 days, and home 2, thought this was best chance of not having to go and collect it at some depot somewhere...you guessed it - I was at home, and can't get it until Monday, next week is sure going to be full of fun!!!

• Like 3

I got mine yesterday! It looks awesome. Thanks to my cousin for the giftcard at the bookstore. I wouldn't have been able to buy the book without it. :)

Edit: I just saw this on Instagram:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DadBod said:

It's Bob's book not Green Day's.

Yeah you’re right, definitely no way they’ll be in the city then... but maybe...? Nah. But.....what if....? 🤔