Pre-order new Green Day photo book by Bob Gruen

pacejunkie punk

Just got my digital version and it’s awesome!  If you are in any doubt that you’ll love this, don’t worry.  For those who didn’t like the cover, wait til you see the whole book, it fits.  Great pics, quite a few new to me and some for fans to geek out about - not going to spoil anything but hope you all love it.  Really want the printed one now!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jengd said:

Just got my digital version and it’s awesome!  If you are in any doubt that you’ll love this, don’t worry.  For those who didn’t like the cover, wait til you see the whole book, it fits.  Great pics, quite a few new to me and some for fans to geek out about - not going to spoil anything but hope you all love it.  Really want the printed one now!

Agreed, I just got my printed copy in the mail today and I've been diving in the Green Day ocean for hours. Love the illustrations, they're so sweet, Billie looks like a cute little hedgehog 😆 I am ready for that new album and tour now, man 😭

Mines on the mail truck now and I’m literally sitting at my window waiting for it 💚

Spoilers if you swipe

Bob posted the same thing but different caption:

"@bob_gruen  My new photo book, Green Day, is on sale today wherever books are sold!! Comments throughout by Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool. Forward by Billie Joe, Introduction by Jesse Malin, Illustrations by AviSpivak. Another great book from Abrams Image!"

Well Amazon dropped the ball again. says should be shipped today but not yet and now the book will not be in stock til October 1. so no clue if they are even shipping this. If not then I am going to Barnes and Noble.

41 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Well Amazon dropped the ball again. says should be shipped today but not yet and now the book will not be in stock til October 1. so no clue if they are even shipping this. If not then I am going to Barnes and Noble.

Thank you for this idea!  Just cancelled my Amazon order and will head over to B&N since they're in stock there.

Got mine today from Amazon (not sure if they ran out but I pre-ordered back in March). Good to know it’s selling well I guess. I was just frustrated because mine was shipped postal service and the mail didn’t arrive until after five pm and when I did I caught the carrier trying to jam it in my mailbox instead of leaving it at the door 😖 Only slight damage to the outer jacket but after waiting all day I was pissed.  Just sitting down to look at it now.

Mine is still saying sept 3-9 for delivery. Guess I keep an eye on it this weekend while I’m near a B&N I case I need to cancel and just get it then. I don’t want to do that since I got it discounted through Amazon... 

No specific spoilers but one thing that’s cool about this book is how much it hypes the live show experience in words and pictures. If you’ve never seen them live (and even if you have) and you get this book it will really make you want to catch them on their next tour. Great promotion for them.

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No specific spoilers but one thing that’s cool about this book is how much it hypes the live show experience in words and pictures. If you’ve never seen them live (and even if you have) and you get this book it will really make you want to catch them on their next tour. Great promotion for them.

Agreed, you really get a flavour of them live and clearly Bob is a big admirer.  Don’t want to say more and spoil it for folk.

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if next week is right to try to find this in a store.

It should be in the stores now

Yea!  Got my pickup text from B&N.  I know what I'm doing on my coffee break.  I literally had my phone in my hand to call them to ask why I hadn't gotten the text, when I got the text. :lol:

Just picked it up at B and N. got the online price at the register, nice!

1 minute ago, desertrose said:

Just picked it up at B and N. got the online price at the register, nice!

Keeping my options open for this weekend to possible pick it up while I'm near a B&N if my Amazon order hasn't shipped yet. 

My order got delayed and Amazon is saying it won't arrive until September 7th now. :(

I pre ordered mine on Amazon a gozillion years ago, and yeah they keep changing the date, not sure I can do much about that in the UK though. 

But! 

That's not the reason for my post, when I ordered, I bought 2, as the release date was a week before GD buddy's bday, and since seeing one of the spoilers, she's only in the book on one of the photos.... Eeeek more excited than ever now (and to find out if even a smidge of my flesh made it in the book as I was next to her 😂

Just checked my Amazon account and my book is supposed to arrive tomorrow!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Just checked my Amazon account and my book is supposed to arrive tomorrow!!!!! 

If you haven’t seen it yet you’ll love Billie’s introduction 😂 Can’t wait to fangirl about it later in the other thread 💚

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

If you haven’t seen it yet you’ll love Billie’s introduction 😂 Can’t wait to fangirl about it later in the other thread 💚

I haven't. The bad thing is I'm leaving tomorrow for the long weekend to go see friends right after work, so I won't even have time to look at it until I get back Monday evening. I was really checking Amazon to see if another order I placed had shipped yet and nice surprise! the GD book is on it's way too!

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There's a mistake in his intro.  Spoilered for those who haven't read it.

Spoiler

He said he got his cross tattoo in December 1994, but there's pictures from the summer of 1994 where you can see it.  I love that he wrote left and crossed it out though. :lol:

So kind of a random question, for those that had their books shipped to them, where they wrapped in plastic? I'm asking because the box it's coming in has other items with it and I'm hoping it won't get damage by the other items possibly rolling around in shipping.

48 minutes ago, DadBod said:

So kind of a random question, for those that had their books shipped to them, where they wrapped in plastic? I'm asking because the box it's coming in has other items with it and I'm hoping it won't get damage by the other items possibly rolling around in shipping.

Mine was in a soft padded envelope with no plastic or protection whatever.  It barely escaped damage when I had to wrestle it from my carrier who was jamming it into my mailbox.

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mine was in a soft padded envelope with no plastic or protection whatever.  It barely escaped damage when I had to wrestle it from my carrier who was jamming it into my mailbox.

Well, I won't have worry about the carrier jamming it into my box because mine isn't that large. So they'll either leave it at my door at my complex office.

I got it yesterday. Absolutely love it. I was going to just look at it and return it but i decided to keep it😁👍

Archived