Billie to appear in 'Punk' documentary series on Epix

Squashie

Apparently Billie is in tonight episode of Punk on epic. Can anyone rip & upload it?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, desertrose said:

Good show. Watching it tonight!

Do you need a subscription to epix?

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you need a subscription to epix?

I think you can get a 7-day trial for free. I'm going to wait until all four are out since they release weekly. 

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I think you can get a 7-day trial for free. I'm going to wait until all four are out since they release weekly. 

That’s a good idea then watch them on demand I guess

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s a good idea then watch them on demand I guess

You might need to have a cable/satellite provider, but I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

You might need to have a cable/satellite provider, but I'm not sure.

I do but it doesn’t include the channel. A free trial would work

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I do but it doesn’t include the channel. A free trial would work

If you stream it (apple TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV), it's just for authentication, I believe. BUT I'm hoping we can just do a free 7-day trial without the provider.

Billie Joe was not in it last night.  Maybe next Monday.

This definitely deserves its own thread, hope we'll get to see it!

• Hermione changed the title to Billie to appear in 'Punk' documentary series on Epix

Of course Billie was adorable and awkward. :lol: "...the sonic sound..." Lol!

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Of course Billie was adorable and awkward. :lol: "...the sonic sound..." Lol!

What he does best 😉

Finale tonight. Had Billie Joe in it finally!  It was good.  He talked about nirvana and teen spirit being a great song. Talked about how green day got started and gilman street. Dookie. It was a segment in the show about the band. Cool video from 1990 of them playing. Interviews from early 1990's. Interview about them signing to major label. Billie Joe just wants to write songs and for people to hear it.  Talked about how he is internet illiterate.

20 hours ago, desertrose said:

Finale tonight. Had Billie Joe in it finally!  It was good.  He talked about nirvana and teen spirit being a great song. Talked about how green day got started and gilman street. Dookie. It was a segment in the show about the band. Cool video from 1990 of them playing. Interviews from early 1990's. Interview about them signing to major label. Billie Joe just wants to write songs and for people to hear it.  Talked about how he is internet illiterate.

Cool!  Now that our site is back maybe someone will offer up this episode as a download?  

I watching it now. I have to watch on a streaming device (Apple TV/Roku/ect.), tablet or phone since I did the 7-day trial. I’m not sure how to rip it. It is interesting. 

25 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I watching it now. I have to watch on a streaming device (Apple TV/Roku/ect.), tablet or phone since I did the 7-day trial. I’m not sure how to rip it. It is interesting. 

Do you have to give a credit card and cancel before they charge you?

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you have to give a credit card and cancel before they charge you?

Yes and no. It’s tied to my iTunes acct (I have Apple TV), you have to give 1 days notice of cancellation. It walks you through it as you set it up. 

^^^ Thank you! See this is why I love GDC and would be lost without it. 

So, I watched all 4 hour-long episodes last night. Billie has about 10-ish minutes of screen time in episode 4. They talk about the mid-80s LA/Bay Area scene and go into the 90s & current day. 

The app has a "download" feature that I can try to use and upload, or can I send it to @Todd for archiving if I can extract it from my ipad/the app. The app works similarly to the Netflix app. I have "free" access to it until Monday.

So update:

it does not download to my actual iPad (no file appears on the hard drive). It downloads within the app itself and I can’t extract it. Sorry. Maybe someone else more tech savvy than I am can do it... he’s in espisode 4 only. 

• 4 months later...

Archived