Looks like Green Day's YouTube channel was hacked?

Redundantuserjinxboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happens if bands have the same name sometimes. I know a band called Creature Feature...and there's like 3 other bands with the same exact name, same with a musician i listen to called Voltaire.. Spotify and youtube both can do this at times, its no big deal. :) Half the comments are assuming its real and a cryptic hint at something, though haha.

Hmm, Bille’s IG and Longshot both gone/deactivated and now this - coincidence or is something about to happen?  

Well that was,....... interesting?    I guess BJ finally decided to go in that different direction

3 hours ago, Jirachi said:

This happens if bands have the same name sometimes. I know a band called Creature Feature...and there's like 3 other bands with the same exact name, same with a musician i listen to called Voltaire.. Spotify and youtube both can do this at times, its no big deal. :) Half the comments are assuming its real and a cryptic hint at something, though haha.

I also find it interesting that spotify and youtube DID infact do this at the same time,.....

Description says it was "provided to YouTube by Soribada" which is a Korean P2P service. Also says it was autogenerated. So no one actually went into their channel to hack in and upload it, Youtube just thought 'hey that's Green Day' and attributed it to their official account. But it is kinda weird.

36 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Description says it was "provided to YouTube by Soribada" which is a Korean P2P service. Also says it was autogenerated. So no one actually went into their channel to hack in and upload it, Youtube just thought 'hey that's Green Day' and attributed it to their official account. But it is kinda weird.

Can you explain this further for the technology illiterate of us?  Does this rule out that it could have been uploaded by someone from GD?

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Can you explain this further for the technology illiterate of us?  Does this rule out that it could have been uploaded by someone from GD?

I don't really know much about it lol. I just know that I've seen similar videos on artist channels. For example, when I went looking for this song, it's the same format: 

It's got 'provided to Youtube by (label)', details about the song and also says it was autogenerated. Again, not sure how it works but I think Youtube has access to a label's catalogue or something and can auto upload songs? I mean it doesn't rule out someone manually uploading it but that video isn't the only one of its kind. 

Edit: This site says "In brief, YouTube obtains these audio tracks from digital music distribution services like CD Baby. When you sign up for CD Baby and similar sites, you're given the opportunity to choose which streaming sites (or which kinds of streaming sites) your music will be sent to. YouTube is now one of the sites where your music might end up." http://musicweird.blogspot.com/2014/11/what-are-auto-generated-by-youtube.html 

Omfg so it's possible to pay to get my shitty music posted on gd's youtube to scare the entire fandom? :lol:

If you go on Green Day YouTube channel, their last upload video is

Green Day YOUNGBLOOD - Merry Xmas 2018! 3 months ago.

So I think like @DeJennsitized

3 hours ago, JellyTime said:

"This video is not available" :( 

Use Opera and activate proxy! That will solve.

Coming back here after more than six months because I saw this thing on Spotify today and was hoping that you guys already solved the mystery 😅 What the fuck is going on? And Billie's Instagram gone? 😨

I’m glad this was already discussed and explained before I saw it as a bot error because this would have made me insane. I’ve noticed the same thing has happened before with The Network artist page on Spotify. It might have been fixed now but for a while there was an another album by another band called the Network on their page.  Spotify actually does this quite a bit. 

Kind of like when Ticketmaster told me that Muse was going to be playing in a dance studio in Chicago.

Although this post was started by a first time poster, like the BillandTed Troubled Times video.  Hmmm... (Kidding)

25 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Kind of like when Ticketmaster told me that Muse was going to be playing in a dance studio in Chicago.

Although this post was started by a first time poster, like the BillandTed Troubled Times video.  Hmmm... (Kidding)

I saw on twitter yesterday there's a new Bill and Ted film coming, it's all connected I'm sure :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

47 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I know you’re kidding but that is a weird coincidence. The posts are very similar, just dropping “what’s this?” and running. 

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I saw on twitter yesterday there's a new Bill and Ted film coming, it's all connected I'm sure :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

Are Wyld Stallyns going to be opening for Green Day?  Excellent!

8 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

If you go on Green Day YouTube channel, their last upload video is

Green Day YOUNGBLOOD - Merry Xmas 2018! 3 months ago.

So I think like @DeJennsitized

Well all of these types of videos that aren't music videos and are just audio-only videos don't appear in Green Day's uploads or your subscriptions, but if you search any GD song, you should be able to find an audio-only video from Green Day (unless you're in a country where these videos aren't available)

I guess it's POSSIBLE that this is an instrumental track that GD did but it would be really weird since A) They haven't done an instrumental track since "Espionage" and only one other time (Nimrod - "Last Ride In"), B) This is a piano only track I think and C) This is just so random and seems so un-Green Day-ish

I very much doubt this is Green Day. Also it's pretty boring so I hope it's not GD

Could be an intro to a crazy epic track.  

Reminds me of that time I used listentoyoutube to get an early version of 21st Century Breakdown and I ended up with a really beautiful but unidentifiable piano intro.  10 years later and I STILL can't figure out what I accidentally added but I love it! 

I'm so confused. I wonder if the deactivated IG has any connection.

This is too mysterious for somebody who analyzes everything 🙃

This person spoke with Chris Dugan who says they had nothing to do with it and they don’t know how it got there:

This is album 13.  Time to start thinking about what Album 14 will be like!  

Archived