maryjanewhatsername

Separating the Artist from the Art

Beerjeezus

I canceled Billie Joe and still have fun on GDC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

o_O
On 3/20/2019 at 3:47 AM, Hermione said:

An anti vaxxer is someone who advocates for people to not vaccinate their children, right? In the first place she was only talking about her own child - I agree she deserved to get backlash for it because planning to not vaccinate your child and posting about it is dangerous, but still pretty far from an anti vax crusader. This is her latest comment on it:

To me that sounds like she was ignorant about it, and although she takes issue with the idea that people have the right to know her decision she's now more educated and has probably changed her mind on it if she's going with what a paediatrician says. And it's a big stretch to call her anti vaxxer after she's said this.

Handwriting analysis isn't an exact science and an opposing side with a vested interest in the result hiring an "expert" to confirm what they think is a pretty fishy area. 

I don't think there's enough proof one way or the other on the racist stuff but of course if people want to boycott her they can. I was mostly just confused that it was "after her most recent bullshit" which consists of clarifying that she's not an anti vaxxer and saying she isn't a neo nazi.

but her s/o is a legit nazi + laughed at his daughter/scoffed off her rape. so being with a known scumbag tends to make you a scumbag

Hermione
35 minutes ago, o_O said:

but her s/o is a legit nazi + laughed at his daughter/scoffed off her rape. so being with a known scumbag tends to make you a scumbag

That's her ex boyfriend. They split up in 2011 and she's married to someone else now.

fukingcounterstrike

Any Woody Allen fans?

maryjanewhatsername
56 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Any Woody Allen fans?

No, but what did he do? I assume he did something to end up here :lol:

Beerjeezus
17 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

No, but what did he do? I assume he did something to end up here :lol:

Married his wife's adopted daughter and his daughter accused him of sexual assault.

maryjanewhatsername
49 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Married his wife's adopted daughter and his daughter accused him of sexual assault.

oh my god. what the fuck?? Okay, yeah, he's officialy a Piece of Shit™

fukingcounterstrike

How any artist or actor can clear any doubts about themselves 

Wretched & Divine

I guess this is more about musicians? But I've definitely had to learn to separate art from artist when it comes to Woody Allen films. He is one of my favourite directors and film writers, but obviously his personal life is... Super Yikes. It makes me feel a certain amount of shame to admit I adore his films, but I do and I can't help that. Vicky Cristina Barcelona is my go-to comfort film if I'm in a depressive rut.

I also still watch and enjoy Weinstein films. I don't have as much guilt associated with that because the allegations came out well after the entire world fell in love with Weinstein Company productions. Honestly I think I have a far harder time when it comes to politics and supporting an entire system that oppresses and harms people. I knee-jerk "cancel" people who are racist or homophobic as long as it's indisputable. But in a lot of cases, I do my best to withhold judgement and kind of ignore it. Johnny Depp is a perfect example of how toxic and damaging it is to abandon the presumption of innocence until guilt can be proven.

• Like 2

WhiteTim
9 hours ago, Wretched & Divine said:

I guess this is more about musicians? But I've definitely had to learn to separate art from artist when it comes to Woody Allen films. He is one of my favourite directors and film writers, but obviously his personal life is... Super Yikes. It makes me feel a certain amount of shame to admit I adore his films, but I do and I can't help that. Vicky Cristina Barcelona is my go-to comfort film if I'm in a depressive rut.

I also still watch and enjoy Weinstein films. I don't have as much guilt associated with that because the allegations came out well after the entire world fell in love with Weinstein Company productions. Honestly I think I have a far harder time when it comes to politics and supporting an entire system that oppresses and harms people. I knee-jerk "cancel" people who are racist or homophobic as long as it's indisputable. But in a lot of cases, I do my best to withhold judgement and kind of ignore it. Johnny Depp is a perfect example of how toxic and damaging it is to abandon the presumption of innocence until guilt can be proven.

Oh I got attacked (not on here) when I stopped supporting Amber and started defending Johnny 

she just wasn’t trustworthy posts a video of a guy yelling that doesn’t exactly sound like Johnny we see the guy hand and wrist but no tattoos on the hand or wrists which Johnny has 

shows a picture of her bruised face but there’s pics of her at a club that very same night with no makeup on but no bruises no one saw her with bruises not even cops her witness just happens to live with them and coincidently happens to be Amber’s personal makeup artist...

I dunno sure Johnny could be guilty but the evidence Amber uses just all shaky and questionable plus the fact she said she was gonna donate the 7 million she got from the divorce to two charities Johnny asked to donate under her name directly she goes to court and demands he sends her the money and she will then donate and 2 years later the charities say there’s been no donations from her... 

but maybe he did abuse her that case it’s great that she is no longer with him 

o_O

i can separate in certain cases: Morrissey is one. 

otherwise: BOTDF can burn in hell for all of eternity. (not Jayy Von Monroe, yes problematic when in BOTDF but learned his ways pretty much) 

maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, o_O said:

i can separate in certain cases: Morrissey is one. 

otherwise: BOTDF can burn in hell for all of eternity. (not Jayy Von Monroe, yes problematic when in BOTDF but learned his ways pretty much) 

What's BOTDF? (sorry I'm a peasant. Also your profile picture is life.)

WhiteTim
5 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

What's BOTDF? (sorry I'm a peasant. Also your profile picture is life.)

Blood On The Dance Floor