"I Walk Alone" Radio Edit

Mega Man

Discogs has a listing for a Boulevard of Broken Dreams release that has a previously unheard mix of the song, clocking in at 3:06.
https://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Boulevard-Of-Broken-Dreams-I-Walk-Alone/release/12637781
It looks pretty suspect, though with no catalog number or anything. And it apparently has the subtitle "I Walk Alone" (a common misconception of the song's title).

The other two mixes of the song are a lot more common, or at least they were in terms of radio airplay (you probably won't hear the Pop remix very often anymore). So I'm on the fence about this one; the fact that there's no image or catalog number has me doubtful. I would try to investigate further, but searching is nearly impossible with no image or catalog number to go off of. There's one copy for sale... but I'm highly suspicious that it might just be a mistaken listing. I've reached out to the buyer, and if this is a never-before-seen CD, I will gladly share the contents with the community.

But in the meantime, I'd like to ask the community; does anyone have this in their collection? For that matter, has anyone come across an edit of the song that's only 3:06? Thank you, and I hope to update you soon.

3 hours ago, Mega Man said:

Discogs has a listing for a Boulevard of Broken Dreams release that has a previously unheard mix of the song, clocking in at 3:06.
https://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Boulevard-Of-Broken-Dreams-I-Walk-Alone/release/12637781
It looks pretty suspect, though with no catalog number or anything. And it apparently has the subtitle "I Walk Alone" (a common misconception of the song's title).

The other two mixes of the song are a lot more common, or at least they were in terms of radio airplay (you probably won't hear the Pop remix very often anymore). So I'm on the fence about this one; the fact that there's no image or catalog number has me doubtful. I would try to investigate further, but searching is nearly impossible with no image or catalog number to go off of. There's one copy for sale... but I'm highly suspicious that it might just be a mistaken listing. I've reached out to the buyer, and if this is a never-before-seen CD, I will gladly share the contents with the community.

But in the meantime, I'd like to ask the community; does anyone have this in their collection? For that matter, has anyone come across an edit of the song that's only 3:06? Thank you, and I hope to update you soon.

The seller created the entry, so I doubt it’s a mistaken listing. It’s cheap enough that I recommend you buy it and find out! 

Good catch. It's been up a few months, so I'm surprised no one's taken a chance yet. Either way, I'll give him a few days to get back to me, and if not... at least he's got perfect feedback.

Right when I go to buy it... the seller took it down. Possibly in response to me asking for more information. Either way, not a very good sign when you're already dealing with something skeptical. Consider this Green Day mystery unsolved.

Archived