Woodstock 94 LP to be released on RSD

¡Nunes!

I seem to recall seeing something somewhere that said "ahead of a CD release later in the year" but I have absolutely no idea where I saw that now so I could be entirely wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Good news for y’all who missed out today

I actually talked to the owner of 1234 today. He confirmed this (although there were no more at the Oakland store at about 5:30), but also said that there were a bunch that were supposed to be overnighted, but were accidentally sent ups ground. Since they obviously didn’t make it in time for RSD, they were going to be sold online when they arrive. Keep checking! Even after tomorrow!

He was super sweet and sold us the copy he had set aside for himself, btw

• Like 1

Just listened to the whole thing today and: WOW, what a difference! A little too much limiting in the mastering for my taste, but the mix is great and, although it does sound slightly less "raw" and "rustic", it's certainly a great improvement!

Can someone rip the audio from the vinyl or tell me where can i listen to it? i dont have a record player, i bought the vinyl and im dying, i want to listen to it so bad, wanna hear the new mastering. pls

I think someone will probably get to it before me, but I’m looking at maybe ripping it this week and uploading it to YouTube. Direct uploads or links to downloads, besides YouTube, are not permitted on GDC for obvious copyright reasons.

• Like 4

I kept reading that this was a “record store day first”, which implies that it will be released at a later date to a more widespread audience.  I thought it was weird since there was nothing special about their record store release day version. However, the RSD sticker on the vinyl that I got says “record store day exclusive “, which makes me feel like this is the only release we will see. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Bittersandabsolut said:

I kept reading that this was a “record store day first”, which implies that it will be released at a later date to a more widespread audience.  I thought it was weird since there was nothing special about their record store release day version. However, the RSD sticker on the vinyl that I got says “record store day exclusive “, which makes me feel like this is the only release we will see. Thoughts?

Demoliscious was a RSD exclusive but later was released on iTunes 

• Like 1

No luck getting one out here in Australia :(

I had to work on the actual day unfortunately, but it looks like there was a few around.

I'm so bummed I missed out on this. I'm going to have to get one from a reseller online.

The audio rips are fantastic.

1 hour ago, NationUnderdog said:

I'm so bummed I missed out on this. I'm going to have to get one from a reseller online.

The audio rips are fantastic.

2 hours ago, Josh100_3 said:

No luck getting one out here in Australia :(

I had to work on the actual day unfortunately, but it looks like there was a few around.

I’m telling you, check the 1234 go website in about 24hrs. Tuesday or Wednesday pacific time. They have more coming that were accidentally shipped slower. I hate overpriced resellers.

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Demoliscious was a RSD exclusive but later was released on iTunes 

An iTunes release is different though. If you stand in line on RSD to buy a collectible, limited release record, it better be rare, or at least have some special feature future vinyl doesn’t.

5 hours ago, greendepent said:

It's fine. The snare just seems off to me

Yeah to me it sounds good but nothing extraordinary. I didn’t think the original mix sounded that bad, maybe I’m just deaf

@Joe.

No, you're certainly not deaf. The original mix wasn't at all bad for a live mix, but this final mix cleaned up some of the buzzing/rumbling frequencies, giving drums and bass more clarity despite being partially lower in the mix, as well as widening the mix slightly. Again, I think this is definitely a good remix and mastering, not perfect or extraordinary, but good. The actual recordings are of course also higher quality (can be heard especially well if you listen to how much crisper the audience sounds). 

I don't think there is much to complain about and I wish they did more of this, that is to say, release properly mixed and mastered recordings from the 90s and early 2000s. I own all the live EPs, but they don't compare in terms of sound quality or mastering. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

@Joe.

No, you're certainly not deaf. The original mix wasn't at all bad for a live mix, but this final mix cleaned up some of the buzzing/rumbling frequencies, giving drums and bass more clarity despite being partially lower in the mix, as well as widening the mix slightly. Again, I think this is definitely a good remix and mastering, not perfect or extraordinary, but good. The actual recordings are of course also higher quality (can be heard especially well if you listen to how much crisper the audience sounds). 

I don't think there is much to complain about and I wish they did more of this, that is to say, release properly mixed and mastered recordings from the 90s and early 2000s. I own all the live EPs, but they don't compare in terms of sound quality or mastering. 

Yeah that’s pretty much all I hear really just a bit of brushing up round the edges, but still a cool reissue and it’s nice to see the guys cementing an iconic piece of their history into their discography 

• Like 3

well you can actually hear the muddy pickups from both the guitar and bass so I definitely can say this remaster is badass

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love how the announcer praises the security that made sure no one got hurt— no one except the bass player anyway 😂

I wonder why they added so much at the end. There’s an extra five minutes of stage chatter and crowd noise at the end that went beyond the TV broadcast but it’s uninteresting. Would have been cooler to tack on an interview from Woodstock at the end there were a bunch of those. 

Well, it's labeled "shit show"

so I guess, its the "aftermath" or something.

1 minute ago, 80 Androids said:

Well, it's labeled "shit show"

so I guess, its the "aftermath" or something.

No, I’m not talking about the entire track labelled “shit show”, I’m talking about the extra five minutes after they already left the stage. If you watch the TV broadcast on You Tube the show was 34 minutes long including the extended Paper Lanterns and mud fight shit show but the album is 39 minutes so I was wondering what the extra five minutes was. It’s five minutes of nothing really after the broadcast and performance ended and they left the stage. 

Someone on reddit is claiming they know someone who worked at the festival and they said the reason why it was so muddy was that the sewage leaked. So indeed...a shit show.

• Sad 1