Jump to content
¡Nunes!

Woodstock 94 LP to be released on RSD

Recommended Posts

Todd
9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

but that was a self released wasn't it? 

I can see a digital release down the line 

No, it was released on Crush Music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doggins

I want this so bad and I don't even have a record player

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Insomniac1984

I hope this would be released on CD or at least in lossless digital. Damn, I don't have a vynil player, but I want to listen to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Other Billie

I'm sure some will  digitize the vinyl  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

There's a few items I want from RSD-a couple of which I may obtain for a friend. 

Thank goodness my paychecks for this month can contribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karl Karlson

Contacted my favorite record store here in Vienna about the GD Woodstock LP and the 2 new Motörhead singles. I hope they can get those :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doggins
On 3/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, greendepent said:

Another disappointment in live releases. Green Day never stop to amaze

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

 

This is one of the best / most memorable live performances in history!

And the only sources available are not that great (you can hear a huge difference between the audio recorded from TV compared to the official When I Come Around that was released)

This vinyl is going to be amazing

 

The only thing that would top this would be a release of Jaded in Chicago uncensored

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf
31 minutes ago, Doggins said:

The only thing that would top this would be a release of Jaded in Chicago uncensored

& uncut, with all the songs that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doggins
2 minutes ago, Alf said:

& uncut, with all the song that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

Now you're talkin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greendepent
3 hours ago, Doggins said:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

 

This is one of the best / most memorable live performances in history!

And the only sources available are not that great (you can hear a huge difference between the audio recorded from TV compared to the official When I Come Around that was released)

This vinyl is going to be amazing

 

The only thing that would top this would be a release of Jaded in Chicago uncensored

I'm sorry, but I rather buy stuff that is unknown for everyone, instead of something that you already know. An upgrade is not enough, thinking that they have a lot of stuff worthy of release, from this era or others. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

It makes me feel better knowing I'll have a chance to get this after RSD, but I'm still gonna get up early and try to get it :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim
10 hours ago, Alf said:

& uncut, with all the songs that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

Blu-ray would be a waste of a disc it was recorded on tape 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura
12 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Blu-ray would be a waste of a disc it was recorded on tape 

No, it wasn’t. Woodstock 94’ was a special case where it was recorded in analog HD using the Japanese 1125-line NHK Hi-Vision system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim
3 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

No, it wasn’t. Woodstock 94’ was a special case where it was recorded in analog HD using the Japanese 1125-line NHK Hi-Vision system.

I’m not talking about Woodstock neither was Alf... we are talking about Jaded In Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura
2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I’m not talking about Woodstock neither was Alf... we are talking about Jaded In Chicago

God damn I really wasn’t paying attention..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim
Just now, Yosuke Hanamura said:

God damn I really wasn’t paying attention..

Lol it’s cool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lizziebix
8 hours ago, kaylubd said:

It makes me feel better knowing I'll have a chance to get this after RSD, but I'm still gonna get up early and try to get it :P

What shop are you going to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
43 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

What shop are you going to?

My girlfriend and I  go to Shuga Records in Wicker Park. They open early, give you coffee and donuts, and if you get there early enough they usually give you some free swag. Also, they place a limit on how much you can get to give everyone a fair chance. It used to be 3, but last year they increased it to 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lizziebix
3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

My girlfriend and I  go to Shuga Records in Wicker Park. They open early, give you coffee and donuts, and if you get there early enough they usually give you some free swag. Also, they place a limit on how much you can get to give everyone a fair chance. It used to be 3, but last year they increased it to 5.

That sounds like fun.  It's actually quite close to my office although I don't think I can make if over there.  Have fun and good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

That sounds like fun.  It's actually quite close to my office although I don't think I can make if over there.  Have fun and good luck!

Aww! I was hoping you were going and we could meet up! Maybe at the next Green Day Chicago show :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThibautDookie

Definitely going to pick up this LP on RSD !

Would be cool if they added some poster or something related to Woodstock 94 in addition to the LP, who knows hmmm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

Since RSD First means it's going to be released at a later time, I wish they would make the RSD one special, like a picture disc or color. That's what The Cure does with their RSD releases: you get a picture disc version on RSD and then the regular version is widely available a month later. I would love to see that with Woodstock - make it feel a bit special, you know?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*dry_ice*

Does anyone knows if will be possible to preorder the record online? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
desertrose

Hoping to get this on RSD. Getting there early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
9 hours ago, *dry_ice* said:

Does anyone knows if will be possible to preorder the record online? 

For RSD, no. You'll have to go to a participating shop. However, check out the Amoeba music site the next day. Whatever they don't sell they post online so there's a chance you could get it there. 

Whenever it gets a release later I'm sure it'll be available for pre-order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×