Woodstock 94 LP to be released on RSD

¡Nunes!

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

but that was a self released wasn't it? 

I can see a digital release down the line 

No, it was released on Crush Music.

I hope this would be released on CD or at least in lossless digital. Damn, I don't have a vynil player, but I want to listen to this.

There's a few items I want from RSD-a couple of which I may obtain for a friend. 

Thank goodness my paychecks for this month can contribute. 

Contacted my favorite record store here in Vienna about the GD Woodstock LP and the 2 new Motörhead singles. I hope they can get those :)

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, greendepent said:

Another disappointment in live releases. Green Day never stop to amaze

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is one of the best / most memorable live performances in history!

And the only sources available are not that great (you can hear a huge difference between the audio recorded from TV compared to the official When I Come Around that was released)

This vinyl is going to be amazing

The only thing that would top this would be a release of Jaded in Chicago uncensored

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Doggins said:

The only thing that would top this would be a release of Jaded in Chicago uncensored

& uncut, with all the songs that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

& uncut, with all the song that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

Now you're talkin!

3 hours ago, Doggins said:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is one of the best / most memorable live performances in history!

And the only sources available are not that great (you can hear a huge difference between the audio recorded from TV compared to the official When I Come Around that was released)

This vinyl is going to be amazing

I'm sorry, but I rather buy stuff that is unknown for everyone, instead of something that you already know. An upgrade is not enough, thinking that they have a lot of stuff worthy of release, from this era or others. 

• Like 3

It makes me feel better knowing I'll have a chance to get this after RSD, but I'm still gonna get up early and try to get it :P

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alf said:

& uncut, with all the songs that didn't make the tv special. A bluray would be awesome too

Blu-ray would be a waste of a disc it was recorded on tape 

12 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Blu-ray would be a waste of a disc it was recorded on tape 

No, it wasn’t. Woodstock 94’ was a special case where it was recorded in analog HD using the Japanese 1125-line NHK Hi-Vision system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

No, it wasn’t. Woodstock 94’ was a special case where it was recorded in analog HD using the Japanese 1125-line NHK Hi-Vision system.

I’m not talking about Woodstock neither was Alf... we are talking about Jaded In Chicago

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I’m not talking about Woodstock neither was Alf... we are talking about Jaded In Chicago

God damn I really wasn’t paying attention..

Just now, Yosuke Hanamura said:

God damn I really wasn’t paying attention..

Lol it’s cool 

8 hours ago, kaylubd said:

It makes me feel better knowing I'll have a chance to get this after RSD, but I'm still gonna get up early and try to get it :P

What shop are you going to?

43 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

What shop are you going to?

My girlfriend and I  go to Shuga Records in Wicker Park. They open early, give you coffee and donuts, and if you get there early enough they usually give you some free swag. Also, they place a limit on how much you can get to give everyone a fair chance. It used to be 3, but last year they increased it to 5.

3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

My girlfriend and I  go to Shuga Records in Wicker Park. They open early, give you coffee and donuts, and if you get there early enough they usually give you some free swag. Also, they place a limit on how much you can get to give everyone a fair chance. It used to be 3, but last year they increased it to 5.

That sounds like fun.  It's actually quite close to my office although I don't think I can make if over there.  Have fun and good luck!

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

That sounds like fun.  It's actually quite close to my office although I don't think I can make if over there.  Have fun and good luck!

Aww! I was hoping you were going and we could meet up! Maybe at the next Green Day Chicago show :)

• Like 1

Definitely going to pick up this LP on RSD !

Would be cool if they added some poster or something related to Woodstock 94 in addition to the LP, who knows hmmm

• Like 2

Since RSD First means it's going to be released at a later time, I wish they would make the RSD one special, like a picture disc or color. That's what The Cure does with their RSD releases: you get a picture disc version on RSD and then the regular version is widely available a month later. I would love to see that with Woodstock - make it feel a bit special, you know?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *dry_ice* said:

Does anyone knows if will be possible to preorder the record online? 

For RSD, no. You'll have to go to a participating shop. However, check out the Amoeba music site the next day. Whatever they don't sell they post online so there's a chance you could get it there. 

Whenever it gets a release later I'm sure it'll be available for pre-order.