Billie Joe Armstrong on new Morrissey Album

dirnt286

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The thread is why GDC should've stayed down.

Spoiler

that and keeping the discord active since i added a fuckload of channels to it

8 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

For the record, it's not even the collab or anything to do with Billie I give a shit about at this point. It's the fact it's enabled a discussion where racism - a real, harmful issue that is some people's daily existence - is being dismissed as a "differing opinion" that should be "respected." Or even that calling racism out is comparable to or worse than racism itself. Read Savannah's posts before you tell me this isn't happening.

Racism is not an opinion. Most British employers will fire workers for being racist if a person of colour reports it. If a colleague calls me a terrorist or threatens to harm me I will not ignore it because I have to work with them. Because, let me say it again - it's not an opinion. It directly harms me. This isn't about Morrissey or Billie. It's about racism as a whole being dismissed. People of colour should not have to read this on a Green Day forum of all places.

As for Billie's opinion on our posts, I can't believe that's even been brought up? :mellow: People are voicing their thoughts for themselves, not for him to read. I may love his music, but a white man's opinion on how I feel about racism is completely irrelevant to me.

Just wanted to say this was written amazingly and i fully support it

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subject of this thread is Billie collaborating with Morrissey on the song, not only the song itself, so it's perfectly reasonable for the subject of Billie working with him to be discussed in all aspects including in relation to his political views/offensive comments. People doing that are not "off topic".

Yes it's ok to not think Billie's done something wrong or have differing views on Morrissey or prefer to look at the music totally separately etc but that doesn't mean the people who do take issue with it can't disagree, voice their concerns/opinions or shouldn't be posting about it. You can have a different opinion about Morrissey's comments, doesn't mean you can tell other people how to feel about it.

1 minute ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

Seriously why make it a big deal that he collabs with morrissey

The past 22 pages would explain why :P 

10 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

People of colour should not have to read this on a Green Day forum of all places.

Correction, nobody should have to read this on here period, no matter if you're a POC or not. 

I feel like there's an amalgam between "racism is an opinion" and "whether Morrissey is racist or not is an opinion"... Just because some people think Morrissey is not racist doesn't mean we consider racism as an opinion...

4 hours ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

Correction, nobody should have to read this on here period, no matter if you're a POC or not. 

OK, a short summary then if you want one: Morrissey has said racist things and openly supported an open racist, and Billie working with someone like that despite being anti-racism and ignoring people who call him out is hypocritical.

A couple of people think somehow it isn't.

I respect the opinion that Billie is hypocritical, I don't think so, and I just hope every opinion is respected

6 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I told you! The whole problem with Morrissey is that he’s a fucking IDIOT!!

That's one thing everyone can agree on :lol:

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh my god :lol:. This is a true PR disaster 

No this is truly brilliant.  Long live billyjoelarmstrong.

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I told you! The whole problem with Morrissey is that he’s a fucking IDIOT!!

He lost me when he only did one button up on his shirt😋

There is an interview with Corbett Redford, where they called BJA Billie Joe Alexander. The interviewer had no clue what she did.

Look at 6:21

Billie Joe Alexander :really:

On 4/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Billie Joel Armstrong :lol: Collaborate with a racist and get your name spelt wrong!

Doesn't even mention Lydia Night either!

He deleted the tweet :lol:

Rip piano man billie joel armstrong April 8 2019-April 12 2019 rest in rip

The typo was on purpose, it distracted everyone from another more controversial topic. Genius.

6 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

The typo was on purpose, it distracted everyone from another, more controversial topic. Genius.

Then they should have done that back when the project was first announced 😜

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Then they should have done that back when the project was first announced 😜

Lessons have been learned  🤣

Archived