Billie Joe Armstrong on new Morrissey Album

dirnt286

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made Screenshots but I'm not able to transfer them here.
I need a tutorial lol

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I made Screenshots but I'm not able to transfer them here.
I need a tutorial lol

You can upload the photos to a hosting site (imgur or something) and then paste the links.

Or you can just tell us what he said, I'm a peasant without the IG app so anything that helps my curiosity is appreciated! :P

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

You can upload the photos to a hosting site (imgur or something) and then paste the links.

Here the copy paste ahah. Imgur is block at my job.

How do you slam Trump for being a bigot but work with Morrissey?

Morrissey is a racist

Too bad Morrissey is an asshole

hey billie it's really disheartening to see that you're such an advocate for the fight against racism, homophobia, and literal nazis. and then you work with morrissey? morrissey who has proven himself time and time again to be a literal garbage human being? what the fuck, dude?

No fucking thank you YIKES

Mozz my ass, fuck morrisey, is a racist, billie your are better than this shit

I have my doubts that his public ig will be activated for long after all these comments.

We all know how sensitive Mr. Armstrong is, when it comes to bullying.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, The Bellie said:

hat doesn't mean everything should appear as clear to us as when he states a precise point in interview, with his own words. And even then ther are always misunderstandings.

Well, I want to remind  you folks, that he didn' used the greatest language when it comes to a fan that had another politiocal opinion, but I don't want to start a debate on this.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, The Bellie said:

because no one is all black or white (you get it).

:thumbsup:

I actually wrote a long post defending Billie. Even though I'm of Arabic descent and have dealt with the kind of shit Morrissey says my entire life, I genuinely thought it was unlikely Billie knew of Morrissey's comments, or that he was pushed by management. But if he's that much of a fan it's probably not the prearranged collab I assumed it was. He may well have been aware of the comments before agreeing to it and he certainly is now.

I don't think that makes Billie racist. I don't even think it says he's OK with racism. But it's insensitive and hypocritical when he preaches "no racism, no sexism, no homophobia" - amongst other things - and makes a big deal of his wife's/kids' Arabic heritage. Adrienne also being vocal about that, then wanting to plug the collab but switching off comments so she can't be criticsed by people less fortunate than her is a real cop out.

It's great that Billie is able to look past views he doesn't like. Not everyone we disagree with is inherently bad. Morrissey's views aren't just opinions, though. He's blatantly racist, which encourages other racists to think it's acceptable or cool because he said it. People can disagree that Billie knew of his views if they want. They can think it's not unreasonable to look past them. But I can't believe how many people are telling themselves he's not racist, or that disappointed fans are entitled or oversensitive, in order to defend Billie and I'm sure Adrienne too now that's been mentioned.

This isn't a case of being "entitled" or "shooting down our allies." We know he doesn't owe us an explanation or apology (and at this point that'd give Morrissey more of the attention he wants). No one wants to "cancel" him. Nor do we expect him to be perfect. I don't think most people are even "offended" - just disappointed because of the standard he chose to set. All I'm wanting to do in this post is voice my disappointment to other fans who get it. That's it. But hey, if being disappointed that someone who preaches "no racism" collaborated with a racist makes me entitled or unreasonable, so be it.

Just listened to the original song and whilst Billie does add to this version, it's such a poor and pointless imitation of it :lol:

18 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Billie Joel Armstrong :lol: Collaborate with a racist and get your name spelt wrong!

I guess he can overlook the racism if Morrissey doesn't light the audience.

I'm not an advocate for canceling, but do I want to support a person who cashes in on anti-racism but happily endorses a racist? :bad:

54 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm not an advocate for canceling, but do I want to support a person who cashes in on anti-racism but happily endorses a racist? :bad:

I'm still not convinced that Billie even knows about Morrissey's comments yet

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm still not convinced that Billie even knows about Morrissey's comments yet

I don't think Adrienne would have switched comments on her post off if they weren't aware.

2 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I don't think Adrienne would have switched comments on her post off if they weren't aware.

When did she do that?

I mean Billie's post about the collab makes it sound like he was pretty clueless about the controversy, if he was aware when he wrote "Hey y’all!! I had the honor of sharing a microphone with Morrissey on a song! Unreal! Thank you Morrissey ! You are truly a legend" it would almost be trolling. I guess it remains to be seen if he responds to the comments 

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

When did she do that?

Someone mentioned it to me pretty soon after she posted it, so it was either posted that way or very quick. Here it is if anyone's wondering:

But yeah, I guess only time will tell. I get the feeling it'll just be left to blow over though.

edit: oh wait, I can see from this there were 23 comments. Maybe someone was being excessively rude but she's ignored Beezey before, so it comes across like they just couldn't be bothered with this.

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I mean Billie's post about the collab makes it sound like he was pretty clueless about the controversy, if he was aware when he wrote "Hey y’all!! I had the honor of sharing a microphone with Morrissey on a song! Unreal! Thank you Morrissey ! You are truly a legend" it would almost be trolling. I guess it remains to be seen if he responds to the comments 

Well, that, or he’s making a deliberate point that he doesn’t care. But yes, remains to be seen 

I don't think there's much of a doubt - he either doesn't care or doesn't care to find out, each of us can choose what's worse in our opinion. :P

I hope he stops being vocal about politics, because I can't imagine taking anything he says about his "opinions" seriously in any near future, but I still enjoy his music, so I guess I'll have to try my best to not think about integrity too much next time I hear him say "no racism!!!" Sad!

I'm just gonna say this again: I think you guys are making assumptions. I'm not gonna judge Billie until I know the circumstances. And even if he was aware of this, so what? It's a minor collab. It's really not a big deal

40 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't think there's much of a doubt - he either doesn't care or doesn't care to find out, each of us can choose what's worse in our opinion. :P

I hope he stops being vocal about politics, because I can't imagine taking anything he says about his "opinions" seriously in any near future, but I still enjoy his music, so I guess I'll have to try my best to not think about integrity too much next time I hear him say "no racism!!!" Sad!

You’re free to not take his opinions “seriously” but he’s also free to continue to write, sing and talk about anything he wants. This changes nothing, but take it with a grain of salt if it makes you feel better or I don’t know, find a politician or real social activist to idolize not a musician.

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm just gonna say this again: I think you guys are making assumptions. I'm not gonna judge Billie until I know the circumstances. And even if he was aware of this, so what? It's a minor collab. It's really not a big deal

It's not a big deal on its own but it says a lot about how sincere is the no racism thing.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You’re free to not take his opinions “seriously” but he’s also free to continue to write, sing and talk about anything he wants. This changes nothing, but take it with a grain of salt if it makes you feel better or I don’t know, find a politician or real social activist to idolize not a musician.

Don't worry, I'm not going to show up at his house to physically restrain him from writing another lukewarm vaguely political song, I would just prefer if he wouldn't. You're right this changes nothing, but if revrad seemed shallow, it's not going to seem any more authentic now. I don't idolize him or anyone else for that matter and I realize that on the most basic level, he's running a business and any political message/ideas he's selling us are an illusion - of course music has no real impact and he could have had very well decided to make music for conservatives instead, but as a customer, I don't ask all that much when I say I'd prefer he either kept the illusion intact so I can comfortably enjoy it or did something else instead.

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's not a big deal on its own but it says a lot about how sincere is the no racism thing.

Don't worry, I'm not going to show up at his house to physically restrain him from writing another lukewarm vaguely political song, I would just prefer if he wouldn't. You're right this changes nothing, but if revrad seemed shallow, it's not going to seem any more authentic now. I don't idolize him or anyone else for that matter and I realize that on the most basic level, he's running a business and any political message/ideas he's selling us are an illusion - of course music has no real impact and he could have had very well decided to make music for conservatives instead, but as a customer, I don't ask all that much when I say I'd prefer he either kept the illusion intact so I can comfortably enjoy it or did something else instead.

I think he is being sincere when he says "no racism". You don't have to cut out everybody in your life who you disagree with. And maybe he's only aware of some of the "controversial" things he's said. Really, most of the controversial things he's said really aren't that ridiculous or offensive, or at least aren't opinions Billie hasn't heard before. There's really only 1 or 2 things he's said that I would be like "Yeah that's out of order. Morrissey's a piece of shit"

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It doesn’t have to come off that cynical. He’s not conning anybody. He’s just a person with opinions and views that can sometimes be contradictory and other times differ from yours like anyone else.  

So yeah, we know he reads and replies to Instagram comments so I'm happy to put this in "further evidence he's just ignoring Morrissey's racism", but the song is shitty and he's only recogniseable for like 15 words so I'm just gonna pretend none of this ever happened.

Seriously why did this happen?

3 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

So yeah, we know he reads and replies to Instagram comments so I'm happy to put this in "further evidence he's just ignoring Morrissey's racism", but the song is shitty and he's only recogniseable for like 15 words so I'm just gonna pretend none of this ever happened.

Seriously why did this happen?

Just to annoy you 😄

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You don't have to cut out everybody in your life who you disagree with.

It's an adult behavior to deal with other opinions while having an opposive point of view.

That's what adults do.

And people should calm down. Some fans behave like he starts to record an album with Trump.

Folks, he just recorded a song with morrissey not Hitler. :shok:

Archived