We Are Revolution Radio: A Collection of Green Day Fan Stories & Art

solongfromthestars

That book you kept hearing about is finally here.

This 161 page, full colour paperback showcases a truly international fan community - from England to Greece to California to China. Fans have shared their amazing stories, photos and fanart. I plan to give it to the band on the next tour.

Volume 2 is the final book in the We Are Revolution Radio series and includes all submissions from Volume 1, as well as new ones. So this project is truly complete now!

warr.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1200

Sample stories

Some of the wonderful stories I have permission to share:

Screen-Shot-2018-10-15-at-20.03.19-1.jpg

tumblr_pmo1ixnX481wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-12-15-at-21.45.32.jpg

This is a fanart collab I did with Elli from Greece:

tumblr_inline_pmh6ka8AjX1qh775n_500.jpg

She related American Eulogy to the Greek economic crisis (just a except from her story):

tumblr_pmo17tVIop1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

Buying the book

If you'd like to buy the book, you can here:

https://mariagloriaharvey.bigcartel.com/product/we-are-revolution-radio

It's currently £14.99. I've already had quite a few orders for the first batch, so I'll be able to get a bulk discount and sell it for that price. I'll wait until February 18th for everyone to put their orders in. After that, I'll have to put the price up to £25. Sadly, printing individual 161 page books isn't cheap. So now is the time to buy!

I hope everyone will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to make this incredible project!

I'm looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox :wub: I will definitely enjoy reading everyone's contributions! 

I've said it before, but I will say it again: you're the backbone of this community, Maria :D Your work is absolutely amazing and I can't really put it into words but your Green Day themed projects make me so happy because you make them so exciting and you let everyone be a part of it. Especially with these books but not only... also your travels around the Bay Area and your photography series about Green Day fan culture... I kinda really enjoy everything you put out there lol. It's always so interesting! 

I hope many people will buy the book so it'll have been worth it!

I've been lucky enough to see this coming together and can't wait to see the final version

On 2/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, Billie Hoe said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox :wub: I will definitely enjoy reading everyone's contributions! 

I've said it before, but I will say it again: you're the backbone of this community, Maria :D Your work is absolutely amazing and I can't really put it into words but your Green Day themed projects make me so happy because you make them so exciting and you let everyone be a part of it. Especially with these books but not only... also your travels around the Bay Area and your photography series about Green Day fan culture... I kinda really enjoy everything you put out there lol. It's always so interesting! 

I hope many people will buy the book so it'll have been worth it!

This is so kind of you :cry: That's the effect I've always hoped my work will have so I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and of course your story too! :wub: It's such a unique and interesting story and I was hoping you'd share so I'm glad you did. If a few people love the book it'll have been worth it. Can't wait to get it printed and sent out to everyone! I've only seen drafts myself so I'm intrigued to see how it'll finally turn out too :D

Hi everyone! The file is now with the printer and they aim to dispatch by March 4th. This is later than the first estimate they gave me so I'm really sorry about that. So close to being complete now though! :D

• 3 weeks later...

The books arrived yesterday and they're being posted today!!! :dance: It was so surreal to open the box and see my own books in there! They were bigger than I expected too. A massive thank you to everyone who supported or contributed to this amazing project! :D I'm even emotional to see my own story and art in there despite staring at it on InDesign for far too long!

My book arrived today :wub: it’s amazing, you did such a great job! I love this band all over again :wub: 

3 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

My book arrived today :wub: it’s amazing, you did such a great job! I love this band all over again :wub: 

Glad you like it! I'm so excited they're arriving now! :wub: 

I wrote a short "making of" if anyone is interested :D 

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/post/we-are-revolution-radio-book

• 3 weeks later...

Love my book, now I need to find time to read all the other amazing stories in there. I'm curious - how many did you sell, was it as many as you had hoped for?😊

2 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Love my book, now I need to find time to read all the other amazing stories in there. I'm curious - how many did you sell, was it as many as you had hoped for?😊

Glad you love it. I still need to read them all in full! I've proofread most of them 5+ times but I feel like I haven't read them properly. But then tissues are required for some so maybe not a quick read on the bus :lol:

My goal was to sell 20. Ended up going well over the goal and even sending out my spares though, so I'm pleased :D

I'm buying from Quebec City Thankssss youuuu for this amazing book!!

• 7 months later...

I have a damaged book to give away. I forgot to take it out of my bag before camping for MTV World Stage and it unexpectedly rained. It can't be sold now but I don't want it to go to waste, so if anyone wants it I'll just send it out for free.

a20e793a352803b15d274d6297f86bb31a0cc35d 3c3ad415df0f4a3314f257cb873211c7b81df3f6

You can see the damage on the photos. The pages are wrinkly, the cover is peeling near the top and there’s some mud on the edges. There are a few paragraphs where the paper has stuck together and ripped. I’ll do my best to clean it up and get it super dry before sending it out so the pages don’t rip when pulled apart, but I can’t promise there won’t be further damage. It does have an interesting life story - it camped out to see Green Day!

I don’t expect to get much interest, so if less than five people want it, I’ll give it to the first person to respond (I’ll be posting it on other sites at the same time, so it’ll be whoever responds first on any of them). If I get over five I’ll put everyone’s names in a hat.

Please keep in mind it is quite badly damaged and again, I’ll try to dry it off but I can’t promise there won’t be further damage from the pages sticking together. I don’t want whoever receives it to be disappointed or feel insulted that I’ve sent it out like this. But it is free.

I’m thinking of printing more books so also let me know if you’d be interested in one!

Edit: The damaged book is now taken :) 

Archived