Jump to content
solongfromthestars

We Are Revolution Radio: A Collection of Green Day Fan Stories & Art

Recommended Posts

Billie Hoe

I'm looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox :wub: I will definitely enjoy reading everyone's contributions! 

I've said it before, but I will say it again: you're the backbone of this community, Maria :D Your work is absolutely amazing and I can't really put it into words but your Green Day themed projects make me so happy because you make them so exciting and you let everyone be a part of it. Especially with these books but not only... also your travels around the Bay Area and your photography series about Green Day fan culture... I kinda really enjoy everything you put out there lol. It's always so interesting! 

I hope many people will buy the book so it'll have been worth it!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goofygoldfish

^^ that! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumpelstiltskin2000

I've been lucky enough to see this coming together and can't wait to see the final version

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeJennsitized

Ordered my copy :wub: 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars
On 2/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, Billie Hoe said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox :wub: I will definitely enjoy reading everyone's contributions! 

I've said it before, but I will say it again: you're the backbone of this community, Maria :D Your work is absolutely amazing and I can't really put it into words but your Green Day themed projects make me so happy because you make them so exciting and you let everyone be a part of it. Especially with these books but not only... also your travels around the Bay Area and your photography series about Green Day fan culture... I kinda really enjoy everything you put out there lol. It's always so interesting! 

I hope many people will buy the book so it'll have been worth it!

This is so kind of you :cry: That's the effect I've always hoped my work will have so I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and of course your story too! :wub: It's such a unique and interesting story and I was hoping you'd share so I'm glad you did. If a few people love the book it'll have been worth it. Can't wait to get it printed and sent out to everyone! I've only seen drafts myself so I'm intrigued to see how it'll finally turn out too :D

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars

Hi everyone! The file is now with the printer and they aim to dispatch by March 4th. This is later than the first estimate they gave me so I'm really sorry about that. So close to being complete now though! :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars

The books arrived yesterday and they're being posted today!!! :dance: It was so surreal to open the box and see my own books in there! They were bigger than I expected too. A massive thank you to everyone who supported or contributed to this amazing project! :D I'm even emotional to see my own story and art in there despite staring at it on InDesign for far too long!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeJennsitized

My book arrived today :wub: it’s amazing, you did such a great job! I love this band all over again :wub: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars
3 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

My book arrived today :wub: it’s amazing, you did such a great job! I love this band all over again :wub: 

Glad you like it! I'm so excited they're arriving now! :wub: 

I wrote a short "making of" if anyone is interested :D 

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/post/we-are-revolution-radio-book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goofygoldfish

Love my book, now I need to find time to read all the other amazing stories in there. I'm curious - how many did you sell, was it as many as you had hoped for?😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars
2 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Love my book, now I need to find time to read all the other amazing stories in there. I'm curious - how many did you sell, was it as many as you had hoped for?😊

Glad you love it. I still need to read them all in full! I've proofread most of them 5+ times but I feel like I haven't read them properly. But then tissues are required for some so maybe not a quick read on the bus :lol:

My goal was to sell 20. Ended up going well over the goal and even sending out my spares though, so I'm pleased :D

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Boy Named Airplane

I'm buying from Quebec City Thankssss youuuu for this amazing book!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goofygoldfish

@solongfromthestars that's great news, and yeah, I've spotted some tear-jerkers already. I want to make some time for it... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×